• 3854 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11550 Players Online
  • 7696 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Carl The Creeper polls

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Ender07, Feb 27, 2020.

1. The poll for carl the creeper on the bedrock edition has been the same thing for 3 YEARS! Are you going to change it or remove carl all together

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  2. Hey,

There's no set time that Mineplex changed the poll. However, there was recently a new poll on the Java edition, asking us what game we would like to se updated next. Due to this, it might be possible that a new poll will be added to Bedrock soon, but that's only speculation.

As I said above, it's possible that they may add new polls in the future, but it's very unlikely that Mineplex will remove Carl all together. Carl still has a function in giving players daily rewards (etc), so it's not like he doesn't do anything.

Thanks,
    ~ TheGrandmaster

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
  3. I agree that the Carl poll(s) should have a periodic update. If it will never be changed, then I would support the poll function being removed (at least after the player has voted, as the poll will be displayed for naught). I’m sure it’s possible for new polls to be added and having seen the post above me, I sincerely hope they are.

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  4. Yo!
    I completely agree that polls should be updated on Bedrock, in-fact I wouldn't mind if they were synced with Java's poll choices as-well (unless it's directed towards x platform). I'm on the fence about removing it all together as the data is still being collected even if it's "outdated", so the answers are still being looked at.

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    xGetRektedx and V3riity like this.
  5. Ohh good point. If they could simply “hide” it for users who have already voted if they aren’t going to change the polls, that would be better than the useless display we have now. And I think it would be cool to have them synced with Java’s (or just using the same questions, unless of course the questions are directed at a specific platform or syncing is not a possibility). If they could at least be updated at similar times as Java that would be nice too.

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  6. Hello!

I don't really think we should remove polls feature from Carl on Bedrock, it still can be used for doing polls. On Java recently (in the last 7 months) there were 2 polls about what game should be updated next, so probably we can do the same on Bedrock too but it all depends on Bedrock Developers because they decide to do polls or not. Doing the same questions as on Java sounds cool, to let Developers see what's player base want to see on the Bedrock network

I like this idea to hide text about polls in Carl's GUI when there is no active poll but I don't see this text as a big issue anyway. On Java, we always have a poll item on Carl GUI even after you voted on it and nobody really complains about it because it's not really possible to remove it (we obviously can do that there but it'd be mess because of position of items) but Bedrock is different in terms of GUIs, so it should be possible to add that this text will be hidden if there is no poll.

We shouldn't really remove Carl at all if you meant that because Carl is mostly used as Rewards Hub to claim different types of rewards, from Daily Bonus to Amplifier tips.

Overall, 0 to this idea because it's not really a thing which is reasonable to change that because it shouldn't really bother you a lot if even we have it there or not but I don't mind if it will be changed.

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
  7. Well, Thats Java Edition.
    The bedrock Carl The creeper has not been updated for 3 years!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 27, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
  8. I would like to see some new polls added to bedrock. I frequently check the poll and get the same message over and over again. I’m quite a fan of the idea that TeaSpiller suggested, I think that Java and Bedrock should be treated equally; this would allow for more polls in Bedrock. However, I don’t think Carl should be removed at all. All other abilities that Carl has are still useful, despite the poll being outdated. I would like to see Carl altered somewhat.

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
  9. I would love to see new polls added to Bedrock Carl. It would be more fun and enjoyable, instead of seeing the same thing over and over. I find myself constantly checking to see if it’s changed, and I’m always disappointed to see that it hasn’t. I think this would be a great addition and actually give Bedrock players a bit of a say. I think this would also make Bedrock a little bit more equal to Java and I’d love to see that. I’ve never understood why Bedrock doesn’t get much attention and adding this would really be good for the Bedrock server! As for removing Carl completely, I highly disagree with this. Carl is still beneficial even though the poll stays the same. Removing Carl wouldn’t really do any good and Carl’s fine the way he is. I don’t see a major reason to remove him as a whole, and I’m mainly for the idea of the poll changing.

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    V3riity likes this.