• 3214 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12933 Players Online
  • 9719 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Carl The Command

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by isaac™, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Carl The Creeper
    Much like missions has /missions, this is a simple suggestion to add /carl (with the aliases /rewardhub, /reward, etc.) to lobbies as a command which opens Carl The Creeper without physically clicking him. It's a small QoL thing that I believe will allow for more usage of Carl. Maybe not massively, but it makes it just that much easier to collect rewards and interact with Carl The Creeper (or, Carter for all the Clans folks out there).

Opinions are welcome below!

Best Regards,
    ~ Fallen

Posted Feb 26, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 27, 2020
  2. Yo!
    I personally love the sound of this idea, and I don't see any downsides to it.

Posted Feb 26, 2020
    Korben (gone) and isaac™ like this.
  3. Sounds like a really nice idea for a QOL update :)
    I don’t see any harm in adding the suggestion either. The lobby is pretty big, so it would be nice to have access to a command to check Carl without having to jump into the void to get back to spawn.
    Great idea!

Posted Feb 26, 2020
  4. Love the idea you have and I want to see it going to happen in the server soon! I'm going to give a +1 to this suggestion! Overall, that's an excellent suggestion you have! :D

Posted Feb 26, 2020
  5. It's a really simple QoL idea and I really like it! Sometimes, players ask me about Carl's position, where can they find him? This command makes it really simple for players to use, saving their time from making a walk to the centre of the Lobby and easier for us staff to let players know how to access Carl's GUI. Overall, a really simple idea and I quite like it.

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  6. Hey,

Gotta give this a +1! Sounds like a good idea to help improve quality of life on the server. I do only have one question though. When you redeem some rewards from Carl, he gives a little explosion to signify that someone has redeemed some reward. If the player redeems these rewards using the /carl command, will Carl still explode in the same way?

Thanks,
    ~ TheGrandmaster

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    isaac™ likes this.
  7. Hey,

This command would certainly make it easier to assist players who are unable to locate Carl the Creeper. Although Carl is centrally located and fairly easy to find, there's no doubt that there will be some people can't. So even if it only helps a small number of people I believe it would be a worthwhile addition. Another thing I like about this idea is that the message Carl sends you in chat can be altered to make it easier for players to be made aware that this is a command. At the end of the message something like "You can access me with /carl!" could be added. As you mentioned, it's only a small QoL thing but I really like the sound of this idea overall!

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    isaac™ likes this.
  8. Great idea! Sometimes I stumble out away from the center of the lobby without claiming my rewards, so a /carl command to open the GUI from anywhere would be awesome.
    +1

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  9. Yo!

This idea sounds very interesting. It's so simple yet sounds very necessary, and now that I have been presented with this idea, I would love to see it implemented on Mineplex. It's great to see heaps of other people also agreeing. Thanks for suggesting this to the community, and I hope we can see it implemented sometime in the future!

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  10. It's simple, useful and I love it! I found myself so many times in a situation when I wanted to open carl's menu while In-game and had to leave the lobby and then come back. Honestly, I don't think there's anything wrong with this simple, yet useful QoL suggestion either. It has no cons and only pros, saving time of players who wish to open the menu without leaving the game. Seeing how Sam the slime's mission menu already has the command for it, I believe it won't be hard at all to code and add this either.

I'm really hoping to see this in the next QoL update. Fantastic idea overall, keep up coming with great QoL suggestions like this one!

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  11. That might be a consideration, however sounds can be played to a user whether they're at Carl or not... That'd just have to be worked out by the Devs.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 27, 2020
    Grandmaster and Korben (gone) like this.
  12. It seems like a pretty good idea that doesn't have any downsides. I don't believe it should be hard to implement and it would benefit the server - +1 from me!

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  13. Hello!

I like this simple idea what you suggested here and I'd like to see an implementation of this in the future in the next QoL update. It will be simpler to explain for players how to find Carl The Creeper if players are asking about that. Also, players will able to easily access that from any part of the lobby, just like it's with missions.

I want to add my suggestions to it. First one is similar to @Dallarth's idea but it might be better to make that when you will click this message which Carl sent you and it will open Carl GUI for you (will use /carl for you) but not like to do that with separate text like you suggested. Another suggestion is new alias: /rewardshub & /rhub (we can't use /rh because this command is used for another thing and also I don't like /rewards because it might be confusing with /rewards command from Nano).

The only issue which I see here that probably it won't work on game servers and will be added for Lobbies only because Carl doesn't exist on game lobbies since time when we got a new engine (its code isn't on these servers) and an idea to add it here was denied before, so it will require more time to be added there too. As an idea to add Carl to game lobbies was denied before and doesn't exist currently, this command probably won't come there as well, so you won't able to access to Carl GUI pre/mid-game which isn't really needed anyway.

Overall, I'll give +1 to this idea as it's something which I want to see to be added.

I don't think it will become an issue because some sort of way to check if player is close enough to Carl to play Carl's animation shouldn't be hard to add. It even might be copied from Sam The Slime NPC where we have some animation (slime particles and sound when player discard mission) which I believe can be only displayed when a player is close enough to NPC but I haven't tested that myself. That's actually just how Fallen told you.

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  14. Just to clarify @Evgeen I meant game lobbies under the assumption Carl was still there; totally slipped that Carl got removed haha.

OP OP
    Korben (gone) and Evgeen like this.
  15. I think that’s just pretty convenient and isn’t a really hard think to implement and would just benefit everyone. Really creative idea.

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  16. Hey!

This is something that a lot of players would benefit from in the long run, and as many others have said, there are virtually no downsides to the idea. However, I'm not sure if it is as useful without having access to it in-game. I do not know if players who previously posted were aware of this, but after @Evgeen 's clarification, my perspective has altered slightly. It is still very helpful though I originally thought it would suit me very well, as you do not return to the lobby in Nano and so I would be able to access the GUI between rounds if it was feasible in-game.

The concept is more advantageous for those who are moving around the lobby and do not wish to return to the main spot where Carl the Creeper sits, and they can simply run the command without having to waste time and energy. It is a worthy QoL feature, but I feel it would most definitely work better if Carl the Creeper was re-introduced in game lobbies. This is not something I am suggesting myself as I do not have any insight into his removal here; it is more something that would influence the implementation of the idea in the nearer future if re-added.

Thanks for creating this thread as it is most certainly a feature that could be considered as it still stands that there are no downsides to it, rather just a few things that do not render it as necessary as I previously understood. Either way, I hope to see this in some shape or form at some point!

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  17. Updated original post to take some suggestions from users on the thread. New aliases, removed working in game lobbies, etc. Feedback is appreciated!

OP OP
    WowCaleb likes this.
  18. Hi there!

This sounds like a great idea! I can't really think of any problems with it, and I think it'd be a very helpful addition to the server. Great job! +1

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    isaac™ likes this.
  19. Yeah, that seems like a reasonable solution. I didn't think it would be too much of an issue, I was just wondering how everyone was going to expect it to function, since it was something to consider.

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    isaac™ likes this.
  20. Heyo!
    I personally really like this idea and I can’t really see any potential downsides to it!
    +1
    Have a nice day!

Posted Feb 28, 2020