• 2153 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10591 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Car or bus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DabaronDaFox, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Hello, @ClqssyOwl and @xOeuf have said Busses are better than cars. They said because it's nice to ride. But they are wrong. So what is better a car or a bus to ride on or to have

Posted Aug 7, 2019
    Terret0816 and xOeuf like this.
  2. Bus is clearly the superior option.

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  3. Hey there,

I mean I personally would have to go for a bus and the main reason is because you get the chance to meet new people from different backgrounds and maybe even sometimes different regions of the world, it's nice to see the different sides of others whilst on a journey.

Kind regards
    - Sakeusi

Posted Aug 7, 2019
    NJE_Eleven likes this.
  4. Car to me is better but Bus has its perks

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  5. I'm not sure if it counts, but is "neither" an option? I've always thought driving a truck is smoother than a car

Posted Aug 7, 2019
    BH Outlaw likes this.
  6. I prefer cars over buses. You can drive in them more freely and get you to destinations faster.

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  7. I like bus

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  8. I’m sorry but I have to agree with @ClqssyOwl and @xOeuf bus over cars. Especially the mineplex bus

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  9. Hey
    This is a really tough one for me, because I’ve had to take buses for a lot of my life, but I have also been in cars for a lot of my life. Personally I believe there are advantages to both.
    Catching a bus is a lot cheaper, you can relax and listen to music, and you can catch it with your friends to school/work!
    But cars are a lot more faster at reaching destinations, they are more private, costing us more money though. I don’t actually drive yet but I’m getting my learners license in just under a month on my birthday! I am going to go with catching the bus though, as a student you save a lot of money, that’s my main reason.

Posted Aug 7, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  10. c a r s

Posted Aug 8, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  11. Depends on what type of bus you're talking about. If you're meaning a school bus, heck to the no, cars is 100% better. But if we're talking about high-class fancy little busses, yeah - I would prefer to ride that instead of a small car.

Posted Aug 8, 2019

12. Interestingly, I have a 'neutral' opinion on this and here's why:

Bus: It's relaxing, you get to meet new people, it's a nice place to think since you don't need to focus on the road and you help save the environment by having 1 less car on the road.

Car: You will get to the destination faster and possibly closer, you are with people you know or you get some alone time by yourself and you can blast music.​

Posted Aug 8, 2019
  13. I've rode in a public bus and school bus and I've determined through those that the best option is car. Sure it's fun to meet other people but in public circumstances I'm super anti-social and keep to myself. Honestly though bus seats suck and I've went a full 1 hour ride on a bus with my back killing me throughout the entire thing. I guess to sum it up, Cars are better because they're comfortable and you automatically know who's driving and or a passenger.

Posted Aug 8, 2019
  14. Last year I had to go on a bus at least three times a day and I'm definitely going to go with car. I don't really mind either too much but being in your own car it a lot more comfortable, also you definitely get to wherever you need to go quicker. A bus can be really unreliable when they often don't arrive on time.
    Ok if it's the mineplex bus then my opinion has changed
    [​IMG]

Posted Aug 8, 2019
    MiladKhan and xOeuf like this.
  15. (Excuse my writing skills, I know they're terrible. Note that this is a joke and not a dig at anyone <3)

Now,
    Imagine yourself in a foreign countryside, lost, without the likes of any other person. No specific goal, just traveling, alone. You walk along the barren roads, riddled with cracks and crevasses from age, chunks of road barely intact as you make your way along the countryside. To your right, a subtle valley, shining bright-gold as the last spit of sun splatters over the dry crop, spanning as far as the eye can see. You walk aimlessly along this path, trying to avoid the clenches of fatigue as you slowly stride far and wide. The ropes of sense slowly wear thin as your hair entangles with the wind. Yet you make your way.
    Along the empty path, you encounter a single bus stop, ridden with dust. Although visibly unused it still makes do as adequate shelter for the night. As dusk rides closer and the final pinches of sunlight leave the bright-red sky, you slowly fall asleep, subdued by the fatigues of aimlessly wandering for years on end. You slowly feel your energy slipping from you - your eyes shut, as you're met with the deepest of slumber.
    It's dark. You're shoved awake by a noise; a rumble. Subtle yet powerful, in a sense. As your eyes slowly adjust to the depths of the night sky, you can but barely make out the silhouette of a grand object - a large rectangle-like shadow. As the clouds, part and the moon-lit sky arises as to the likes of a phoenix from dust, you can make out a bright-reddish color from the shine of some sort of car - no - a bus.
    You enter carefully, so as to not alert any people of your presence, but upon entering find that the bus is indeed empty. You walk slowly down the singular isle, towards the back of this magnificent vehicle, only to be surprised by a voice from behind; "Bus" you hear, softly spoken is a magnificent and smooth voice. You turn around slowly and are greeted with what can only be explained as a "kawaii uwu" smile from your long-lost friend, @ClassyOwl. Fatigued, and in pain, you stumble towards your beloved friend. Tears well up in your eyes and your emotions flow free for one last time, as you try to greet him with a friendly, yet frail smile.
    "I'm here" he whispers softly, in a somehow caring and comforting tone, "No need to worry, I'm here," he assures you. Your smile slowly fades. You feel sickly, unable to muster any more strength. "It's all going to be okay" are the last words you hear slip from his tongue as your eyes unwillingly shut.

You wake up. You're met with the sight of a large, well-furnished room. A familiar view. It's your room back in New York. You remember who you really are, a Mineplex epic gamer. You grab your phone to check the time and your messages. As you gaze to your left, you remember a small photo stationed in an eloquent frame, you pick it up and are greeted by that very 'kawaii uwu' smile back in your dream, and at last, remember.

Your long lost friend, logged off and last seen May 2012, and even though they're gone, they will still live on -
    in a memory or two.

I like buses, by the way.

Posted Aug 8, 2019
    ClqssyOwl and Sakeusi like this.
  16. I get really bad motion sickness... so I hate both.

Posted Aug 8, 2019
  17. I would have to go for a car because in my country busses are crowded, always late and extremely expensive(5$ for a 15km ticket).

Posted Aug 8, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  18. I’d have to say car, by a long shot. I live near NYC, and I’ve only taken the bus throughout the city like twice — each time has been terrible! Especially during rush hour. There’s almost never any place to sit (unless you wanna push people) and if you’re standing you’ll probably get knocked around and bumped into. Plus, you’re bound to meet all sorts of people on public transport in New York! But driving in NYC is also awful. I’ll stick to walking or the subway.

Posted Aug 8, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  19. c-c-c-c-CARS!!! BRUH I'M TURNING 16 SOON IN LIKE 2 DAYS SO THAT MEANS I CAN GET MY DRIVING LEARNER'S PERMIT!! I ALREADY HAVE MY OWN CAR AND I'M SUPER EXCITED ABOUT LEARNING HOW TO DRIVE!

But being serious here, buses are kinda nice because if more people ride a bus, then it saves more energy and you don't have to worry about getting lost on the way to your destination. However, I don't really like being crammed on a bus full of people I don't know. I don't even like the school bus. A bus may not be the cleanest place, either. All types of people ride a bus, even people who are not decent enough to not throw garbage on the ground or not spit gum out on the floor. Besides, you never know when you could be riding a bus with a person who may have a contagious sickness.

I would prefer to ride on my own, or with people close to me, so I would have to go with car.

Posted Aug 8, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  20. I never go on a bus in the summer but I do in the winter when its snowing really hard and driving isn't safe. Driving a small pickup truck in the blinding snow is not fun. There isn't too many buses where i live but there is ski buses and school buses. I rather drive unless the conditions are bad.

Posted Aug 8, 2019