• 391 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5768 Players Online
  • 5377 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Capture the Flag

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Skydollar158, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Capture the flag is a popular game both in reality and in your computer. Why not add it to Mineplex, the best rated game ever? I will make a map my self if have to but I really want capture the flag in the game. Here are my ideas in game: First, there are two teams and just like the other games, have a thing where you can upgrade your weapon/sword and que your team. Then we can have a spawn area so there is no spawn killing. I really hope you take my idea into the game.

-Skydollar158

Posted Feb 10, 2021
  2. YEES! WE NEED TO GET THIS OFF THE GROUND! Do it! We should definitely do a capture the flag! I love that game and it's a classic

Posted Feb 10, 2021
  3. The gamemode Capture The Flag ( CTF ) is already on the java edition of Minplex. It is not a very active game but still exists. If you want to get into games of CTF I would recommend joining the com CTF1. I could not tell if you were talking about java or bedrock please clarify next time or use a java/bedrock tag. Also, to que into a game of CTF right click on the champions gamemode. Then click the banner!

Posted Feb 10, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  4. I play on bedrock Zuko. LET ME HAVE THIS! It's not fair one platform gets a game another doesn't for no apparent reason

Posted Feb 10, 2021
  5. The apparent reason, or reasons in this case, is as such:
    - the developer team is very, very small (two bedrock developers)
    - to code a completely new and complicated game very different to what already exists would end up being very laggy for the Bedrock platform most likely (especially for mobile players) and would also take a lot of developer time, which leads into the third reason:
    - there are higher priorities than new content, there are many bugs that have to be fixed and systems that have to be optimised before new stuff is released.

In fact, there was a poll that asked whether players would prefer new content or quality of life changes and the majority voted for QoL. This is what the development team for Bedrock is most likely working on - there are plenty of bugs and unpolished games like Survival, Creative Housing, and Skyblock, so they are all most likely in the works.

Once existing bugs are squashed and the Bedrock server is polished up, I support the idea of a new game - although CtF might be a bit much for Bedrock. Something similar though, a bit less demanding, maybe. Once again, depends on how the game is to be made. if it is meant to be made with tons of different abilities and kits it mightn't fit too well. if it was a simple gamemode with regular pvp it has a higher chance of working better for every platform

Posted Feb 10, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.