• 824 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12268 Players Online
  • 11444 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Can you bring back the big writings in the lobby ?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Rayane_Games1234, Jan 25, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can you bring back the big writings in the lobby as there was in 2014-2015 on the games portals where there was written classic, champions, arcade and survival ?
    But this time, you put casual, intermediate and hardcore.
    I think it made the lobby really beautiful

I hope you will accept this idea

Posted Jan 25, 2019
  2. I completely agree. As a Mineplex Member since 2016, Lobbies have changed a lot quite differently, and this time adding the big tree at the middle make a lot of positive replies. I hope they change your idea too.

Posted Jan 25, 2019
  3. I'd have to agree. Since that time, we have adapted our gamemodes to fit certain levels of difficulty. While with your idea of reimplementing the previous game grouping system, it just wouldn't work. Our games work perfectly under the 3 levels we currently have of Casual, Intermediate, and Hardcore. This is easier for newer players to identify which type of game they would like and for older players to see the difficulty of the games they're good at. I'd have to stick to what we have in this case.

Posted Jan 25, 2019
  4. Hey,
    Personally, I don't think the titles "Classic, Champions, Arcade, and Survival" would work. With different games available and some games being removed, this would definitely be too vague for it to be added. I think the "Casual, Intermediate, and Hardcore" is what fits best with our game modes, and helps new players understand the spectrum of the difficulty of our games. Therefore, I'll be giving this idea a -1. Good luck with your suggestion.

Posted Jan 25, 2019
  5. +1

As said above, the titles might need to be a bit different as the categories of game have changed ('Casual', 'Intermediate', 'Hardcore', and something like 'Keep Calm and Play Mineplex' above the glads area?). However, these texts were very much iconic, and tied with the rest of the lobby quite well. Having them back would also bring back some nostalgia so I'm all for it!

Posted Jan 26, 2019
  6. Hey
    I understand where you're coming from, however, I don't think this would work with all the varieties of games we have now. Our games work well as it is with the current orders they have. I'll have to give this a -1 right now.

Good luck with your idea!

Posted Jan 26, 2019
  7. That's exactly what i meant

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 26, 2019
    Joiined likes this.
  8. Yes. I find the writing would be extremely helpful, as it always takes me a few seconds to try and figure out which section is which and where to look for it. As long as it's renamed, using the suggestions above, I agree with this idea. Would also bring back the original Mineplex vibe that the old lobby had.
    +1

Posted Jan 27, 2019
  9. Hey!

This is a great idea and I could not agree more. This would be an extremely helpful change to both hardcore and casual players, as it would stop the confusion of going to the wrong game section. I do think that the titles to change, as Mineplex has changed over the years and there are many games that aren't available to be played. I really like your idea of making it "Casual, Intermediate and Hardcore" I think this would work and that it would be much better than the old system. Overall, this is a great idea and you have made your own system of identifying the games.
    +1

Posted Jan 27, 2019
  10. Big +1, the block letters always helped me orientate myself around the lobby as a new player. Hopefully something like this will get implemented, plenty of great benefits.

I feel like putting a dead meme any where isn't necessary... we already have those block letters in the waiting lobby (may have changed since the update).

Posted Jan 27, 2019
  11. I agree that the big block letters should be added back. Even having played on this lobby years ago, it is still a bit difficult to orient myself with each side of game NPCs. Not only would these big letters be useful, but also add a nice aesthetic to the lobby as well. +1 from me.

Posted Jan 27, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  12. Heyo!
    Thank you for your suggestion!
    The text in the lobbies was really cool back in the day to see over each of the game portals, however, the categorizes now don't really fit as much as they did before. For example, a game could be added that wouldn't fit in these categories, and we wouldn't be sure what to do with it. It would be very limiting to just use these three categories and try to fit all the games into them. Plus, the old text was a bit chunky and doesn't fit well in the lobby anymore.
    Let me know if you have any questions or concerns, but I'll mark this idea as not planned at this time.

Posted Jan 29, 2020
  13. Hey!

A quick update on this situation... with the removal of the Halloween Hub this year, the normal hub brought back the old sky hub text with the categories of "Casual", "Intermediate" as well as "Hardcore". With this in mind, I will be marking this thread as Implemented as well as locking it.

Thank you for sharing!

Thread Locked >> Idea Implemented

Posted Nov 2, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.