• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3727 Players Online
  • 3727 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Can we have a little bit of anarchy back?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by qxtz, Mar 23, 2021.

?

Do you think a little anarchy is needed to keep thr gamemode and the community alive?

1. Yes, i do!

2. No, i dont!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. As a long time player i remember and miss things like wither griefing, i feel like they added something to the gamemode and made in so unique. Then there was/still is piston raiding. These things give players the option to attack, revenge /on other players. The community was alive. Im sure not everyone will get how griefing can make a community more alive. People had enemies, made clans, had wars, fought in groups, built cities, got their cities griefed and went to get revenge and all that without hacks in vanilla kinecraft using withers. As survival mode will be reset a second time soon these things will probably go missing once and for all, what will be left to do for us? Build with the blocks we have left? Without duping? Without an enemy and weapons to fight groups and teams wont form, and if they do they will fail soon enough. Most of us survival mode playerd want a little anarchy, we want combat, we need it!
    Give us something back, please!
    Theres gotta be something you can do all players would be okay with.

All in all i think its getting a little better, not the gamemode but the staff team is paying a little more attention now, thanks!

Posted Mar 23, 2021
    missmasch and thawazp like this.
  2. i mean at this point they should just make a semi anarchy server where dupes and griefs are allowed slap a message saying if you are under a certain age you are not allowed to play and boom no more complaining

Posted Mar 23, 2021
    thawazp, CursedPvPYT and qxtz like this.
  3. Oh yeah i would love that, i sure would.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 23, 2021
    thawazp and CursedPvPYT like this.
  4. As much as I would like this I doubt it would ever happen. The little bit of anarchy in survival is what made people like it and I agree with you on everything you said. However, even if the anarchic feel was the only thing making people play (which it was) they still wouldn’t change because that’s not how they want survival to be.
    I think this has been suggested before but it got shot down due to the fact that it would bring hackers that would play on the anarchy server onto other games in Mineplex.

Posted Mar 23, 2021
  5. ... Please dont vote if you're not an active survival mode player.
    Please

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 23, 2021
  6. There were over 1200 players on at any given time when survival started, but when griefing of nice big homes started, more than half left and didn’t come back for the most part, now with only about 400 average and spikes of 800 on a good day, it doesn’t stay that way, hard to go anywhere that doesn’t have destroyed homes.
    So making it an anarchy or server like that isn’t in the best interest for mineplex or majority of players in survival.

Posted Mar 23, 2021
    MC_Minium and Degagelemming95 like this.
  7. I don’t believe the decrease in players was due to griefing and what not because that would’ve been there since day once. If there was a graph showing play count in survival I would put money that the most significant decrease would be after the reset. The griefing would’ve been there from day one. The thing that made people leave is the reset.
    This is where I have to disagree with you. I agree that making it anarchic would be impractical. But, if you take away that(which happened) what do you have left. Just heavily restricted basic survival. Without that touch there is literally nothing that makes survival special. I think the majority of players survival would like it(and possibly come back and start playing) if that touch was brought back. Of course I know this they would never do this because they don’t want survival having this anarchic feel even though that’s the only thing that makes it special or unique to other servers or single player.

Posted Mar 23, 2021
    thawazp and qxtz like this.
  8. I have been on survival since it’s first day and after the first reset and yes player count dropped a lot from griefing and fire bows, and before the first reset, there were many players but when the griefing started then player count dropped.
    After the first reset it jumped in players again but then dropped with the mobs spawn damages and piston griefing.

survival was intended to be a place where you build with friends and show off builds, that’s why fire bows and griefing was bannable, and pvp was turned off.

Posted Mar 23, 2021
    MC_Minium likes this.
  9. I'm not really active on Mineplex but, I would like to express my opinion. Grieifng and rading may bring the server back to life but...it would bring disadvantages to the servers. Players who made great bases would be griefed and would rather quit Minecraft. Raiding, all your stuff gone although you can dupe your remaining items. Making Mineplex into an anarchy server has a lil bit more risks than the rewards. This is just my opinion so pls. dont critizise me

Posted Mar 24, 2021
  10. If that was the case that players liked it you would see more in survival, it’s fine to express what you feel would be good, I am just saying from the position that I see. There use to be 1k players building cool cities and buildings, that doesn’t happen anymore because players were tired of making thing to be destroyed, yes there are those that want anarchy but more don’t want it and want to enjoy building.
    We will have to wait and see what comes from the proposed ideas on the update when it’s released on what direction it will go in.

Posted Mar 24, 2021
    Degagelemming95 likes this.
  11. Hey!
    First of all I love survival mode, I love it!! I feel like Mineplex's survival mode is especially unique too compared to other Minecraft servers. Now the objective in survival mode is in the name itself survive so anarchy does not factor in necessarily. You mentioned that griefing was fun whether it be spawning withers or breaking into someone's base using pistons. Both of these are considered Gameplay Trolling because it would be intentionally ruining the game for another player, in other words this is not how it is meant to be played. Mineplex decided on how the game should be played, that is why there is the ability to claim land so others cannot ruin your builds. The game is not meant to be a hardcore game like factions, it is meant to be a game where you create amazing builds in survival mode. You also stated and I quote, "People had enemies, made clans, had wars, fought in groups, built cities, got their cities griefed and went to get revenge and all that without hacks in vanilla kinecraft using withers." These withers or the materials to make a wither were spawned in using a hacked client and were probably duped significantly by other players. Either of these means of obtaining materials to make a wither are not permitted by Mineplex's rules. So Survival mode in its current state is how the game was intended to be played. Hope this clears up any confusion.

~Degagelemming95

Posted Mar 24, 2021
    MC_Minium likes this.
  12. You have not seen a sides of the community, i know a ton of people who quit after all illegals + the wither were banned.
    Yeah my bases got griefed too, did i cry my eyes out? No, i got up and built a better base.
    Add one survival server without any rules, just one. We will see how popular this one will get.
    I would actually love if there was an anarchy realm that could be joined with an /anarchy or /chaos and i bet this one would always be at the limit of 200 players. Building isn't all people want to do! And builing alone doesn't keep the community alive. If you want to build there are way better servers for you like smp servers or your own world.

You gave us the perfect server, with such unique gameplay, but then you took it all from us. We had nothing of the old survivak mode left and there was nothing that could/can replace the old survivak mode.
    And now i think its not rude to ask if we could have at least something back, like a small parallel server thats not completely anarchy but just like the old survival mode.

And if you really are so sure your community wouldn't like this, then why are you afraid to try it out?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 25, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 21, 2021
    NinjaMatt12 and MaybeMulti like this.
  13. I don't think Mineplex survival mode should be a full-blown anarchy. I think that we should have our freedoms for the most part, but there should be rules to some degree. Not only that, but the rules for Mineplex survival need to be a lot more clear in my opinion. I think we need rules on exactly what we can and cannot do in survival instead of vague descriptions. In the past I have seen several people say things that contradict what someone else has said (example: duping is/isn't against the rules, using pistons to grief someone's claimed land is/isn't against the rules.) It's a bit confusing to me what is or isn't against the rules when it comes to those things.
    So, here's how I feel about withers and griefing in general. I think that it would be nice if withers could be brought back, but only if you could not use them to destroy someone else's claimed land. Players should be able to take the time to build giant structures and claim them without having to worry about a wither destroying them. That's just plain not fun to me. However, I get if some people are still into the idea of being able to raid claimed bases, which is why I think keeping pistons in future seasons would be a good idea. From what I've seen, most of the time people ever use pistons on a base is if they see something valuable that they can take. And if pistons are used on a base to take things, the owner of the base will most likely only have a few long rows of dirt/pistons/observers to clean up and patch up their base. I think this kind of raiding and griefing is much better for a survival mode that's not completely anarchy than being able to use withers.
    As for various spawned in items and pvp, I think this kind of stuff should be allowed as long as insane 30k god items are not being spawned in. Let me tell you, one time in old survival, I stumbled upon a 30k god item for the first time and did not realize how powerful it was going to be when I harvested a singular potato crop. It was like a fountain of potatoes spewing out from the ground, and it started to lag out so hard that I couldn't even move and got disconnected. My point here is that as long as whatever people are spawning in isn't game-breaking, like 30k god items, it should be okay. I think pvp should be allowed as well, a d things like shooting fire bows should not be a bannable offense. Players not only have the option to teleport away if they don't want to fight, but they can also turn keep inventory on to keep anyone from robbing them. Maybe there could even be an option to toggle pvp on/off. Plus, it is survival after all. I think this would add more of a challenge besides the usual creepers, zombies, and skeletons. Same with the withers as long as they couldn't grief claimed land.
    And going back to the spawned in items, I'm a little unsure why some items from the Nether or End can be placed, but others can't. It really doesn't make sense to me. Why can I place soul sand, nether wart and netherrack, but nether brick blocks vanish after I place them? And why can I place end stone, end stone bricks, and various purpur blocks, but not chorus fruit? My point is that even though the Nether and End have not been implemented in survival, I really don't see why some of these items can't be used when they're only for decorative purposes. Whatever happens im the future for Mineplex survival, I really hope that there will be a way to legally obtain these items. I don't think anyone here would object that idea.

Posted Mar 25, 2021
  14. How ridiculous. No, I don't think anarchy should be added to any degree in this game. Not everyone on the server is a fan of having their builds destroyed after putting a lot of work into them. If you want to destroy things or pvp there are plenty of other games on the server in which you can get your fix. But survival, in my opinion, should be reserved for just that--surviving the naturally occurring enemies and constructing a build to do so.

It's wild that this question repeatedly pops up. Essentially the poster is asking for the ability to destroy another player's hard work or flat out steal what another has worked to accumulate.

Posted Mar 26, 2021,
    SansLazyBones likes this.
  15. Whats wrong about the ideo of an side server without the new plugins running. A side server only those who want join, that is just like the old survival mode (you probably haven't experienced). As i said before i bet this one would get good player counts.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 26, 2021
    missmasch, MaybeMulti and thawazp like this.
  16. most players left because of the reset or because of the removal of half the game but I think at the very least players would be happy to come back if it were at least vanilla survival without so many cosmetic blocks removed and eleytra potions etc the removal of so much is causing player numbers below 200 and the lag is worse than it ever was before

Not really the op wouldn’t have any need for their stuff and it’s the same for pretty all the players who ask this i think it’s more about being able to retaliate against hackers and thieves or people who grief you rather than letting the hackers run wild and the player base having no way to defend themselves or cause consequences against those who try to grief you

Posted Mar 26, 2021,
    MaybeMulti and qxtz like this.
  17. From what I understand, that wasn't the initial case you were attempting to make. You were petitioning for anarchy, or griefing as you so aptly put it, to be brought back to the server. As a long time player myself, I'm personally opposed to the idea. Daily I would read in chat players begging for others not to grief them to no avail. And while the griefers certainly seemed more than entertained, the disregard they showed to players who wanted nothing more than to build in peace was appalling and immature. However, if the admins wanted to create another game based purely on anarchy, I would be neither opposed or unopposed. I myself would steer clear of it.

And what if you accidentally retaliate against the wrong person? What if you unleash a wither and it destroys the builds of parties not involved? Adding anarchy would not stop these hackers from spawning in illegal items and harassing others. In fact, unless you're petitioning that these items be readily made available to everyone, it would only make it easier for them to do so. And even then, I can see no way in safely implementing an "anarchy mode" without ruining the game for those who enjoy basic survival as is. It would be irresponsible.

Posted Mar 26, 2021,
    SansLazyBones likes this.
  18. That’s isn’t really the case, I have been watching the numbers since it came out and I know when all the reset and updates happened, but like I said many play for the anarchy but far more were in survival for the opposite

Posted Mar 26, 2021
  19. I don’t agree with this, I played Mineplex Survival pretty much 24/7 before the reset and anarchy was actually part of what made me wanna leave. I can see how you would like that kind of anarchy but it just makes the game not enjoyable for people like me. The people that build mega projects with friends and you come back one day and it was grieved, all the work resources etc. gone. Overall I just can’t agree with it, bringing back op items maybe I’m half and half on that but anarchy as a whole I’m good.

Posted Mar 26, 2021
    EC Flair likes this.
  20. How can you say that’s not the cause when the current players in survival is less than 150 regularly now?

If you build it correctly then it can’t be griefed and having access to blocks such as bedrock makes it even easier to protect your builds but the way things are now hackers just grief everyone and many players who didn’t build safe bases before now have no way to protect them at least before hackers didn’t have an unfair advantage and vanilla players like me had nothing to worry about but anyone who’s building now is getting theirs destroyed because they’ve made it impossible to protect any new builds

Well the easiest way is to just report them which I do regularly but uhm basic survival is doesn’t have any of the claims or things that we have on mineplex also withers can’t destroy blocks on mineplex either but when people are griefing your builds you used to be able to get rid of them and now you can’t, they’ve made it impossible to remove griefers from your builds and made it easier for hackers to grief, making people who play fair have no means to protect themselves and only allowing hackers to destroy everything is not the answer and it’s pretty easy to know who to retaliate against when they are in front of you shooting arrows claiming land breaking blocks etc you’d have to be the biggest god box spamming noob in the world to mess that up

Posted Mar 29, 2021,
    MaybeMulti likes this.