• 340 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2424 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Can we get Bots?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by joshi77, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Some games have 0 players. Can we get bots?

Posted Nov 22, 2019
  2. Hey!

I know for a fact that Mineplex will never use fake players (bots) to boost server player counts. I realise it can be frustrating when games will not fill up due to the lower amount of players on at that certain time in the day (I personally play when not many players are on as I am from Australia - after school for me is when lots of the US/EU players are sleeping or at school), so I can relate to waiting a while for games to start. Instead of implementing fake players or bots, we are more interested in trying our best to attract players to Mineplex so that we can say our player count is authentic, and not manipulated by fake players. I honestly think that over time as the server continues to improve, more players will return and hopefully games will start at all times of the day. Also a community filled with bots wouldn't be much fun, we want our players to enjoy themselves and interact with real people.

Posted Nov 22, 2019
  3. Yup ^

@AyyNick summed it up pretty well, but here’s how I feel about the whole situation:

One of Mineplex’s missions is to provide a safe and fun environment for all ages to enjoy minecraft minigames. Mineplex is about being genuine as well. I don’t see adding bots as improving Mineplex in any way. Although it could help games fun faster, bots would require regular maintenance and updates thus taking more time from the devs, they would be too basic to actually make the game fun, and they would serve to make the community and the server as a whole less genuine.

As for the logistics of this, I don’t think it’s even really possible. It would take many hour of coding and developing to make a bot for just one game. To meticulously code a decent bot for each game could take years, and even then they wouldn’t be good. I think it’s a waste of time and effort and there is a much similar solution. Like @AyyNick said, it’s better right now to focus on attracting new players rather than creating bots.

Ultimately, I am strongly against this idea as it does not support the server and its values and is not beneficial in the long run.

Posted Nov 22, 2019
  4. Think you're missing the point.

I think this person just wants games to start and to have the equivalent of CPUs in Minecraft if there aren't enough real players. It's not a playercount thing, it's a able-to-play-game thing.

Posted Nov 22, 2019
    RodgersMDH likes this.
  5. The fall of mineplex

Posted Nov 22, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  6. There's already 1000+ Bots playing everyday ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Nov 22, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  7. Well said, but half those bots might smack you :)

Posted Nov 22, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  8. By bots, I assume you mean accounts that represent a real player's actions as much as possible in order to raise the player count. If implemented, they would not provide an authentic experience like AyyNick pointed out. Real players make gameplay experiences feel genuine, which is a key ingredient in an enjoyable environment. Fighting mobs does not sound very appealing and it would cause all sorts of problems, one of which is the dull and robotic taste it would leave for players.

In addition, such a task would be very difficult to execute. A similar idea found here has already been denied for several reasons, including the sheer difficulty of programming bots to have skill levels of a variety of players. There are other ways we may be able to solve our player count issue by legitimately attracting players, and adding bots is a risky decision that I do not see happening any time soon.

Posted Nov 24, 2019
    GAM and saltyfishhy like this.
  9. Hello!
    Thank you for making this idea, but at this current time, we do not plan to take this further in production. As @AceSJus has mentioned, the idea has previously been denied here which like your idea, suggested programmed bots or NPCs to act as the players in games. We are denying this idea because it will be too difficult for the developers to create, and will falsify our player base by which means you could be in a full server where you are the only real person. The obvious downside to this is that your skill level will severely affect how well you duel a pre-coded robot as PVP tactics would be repetitive and overall their performance would just be too flakey to maintain.

As it was mentioned in the other post, players could easily abuse a feature like this and use it to stat boost which obviously is not fair and thus will not benefit the server. The key of PVP and the games on Mineplex is how you cannot predict how a player is going to reach an objective which is the challenge, the precoded bots would remove this. There could be ways that the lesser played games could become more popular, but botting them would lead to more issues than making them better.

If you have any further comments or questions, do not hesitate to DM me or a member of Community Management.

Not Planned - Already Denied

Posted Nov 24, 2019
    GAM, FluteVegetables and nolawn like this.