• 207 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5289 Players Online
  • 5082 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Can we actually get something done about teaming in solo?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Glitchy, Feb 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seriously, this is just so stupid, I get 3v1’d cause they wanna play together instead of just opening a dang private lobby, Ik they team because they just sit there waiting for me to respawn

Posted Feb 21, 2021
  2. The best advice I can offer you is to record the entirety of your gameplay and submit a formal report at mineplex.com/reports. Teaming in solo gamemodes, or cross-teaming in team gamemodes, is against Mineplex Network policy and so our Moderation team will be interested in knowing about this, provided you have sufficient evidence.

You can reference our rulebook at mineplex.com/rules, and you can read the guide on submitting a report here.

Please message a Moderator or a member of the Reports Patrol with any further questions on the matter.

Posted Feb 21, 2021

3. I dont think thats what he means, of course reporting is an obvious solution, but it doesnt fix the problem completely. SSM is both littered with soft and blatant teamers who when you report them it will be marked as insufficient evidence. I know this because I have tried reporting teamers in the past with both staffrequest and forums and both were almost never effective. At best, the teamers got off with a warning and then teamed on me the next day aswell except played when staff wasnt there or when staff was too "busy" playing rose rush. But I honestly cant blame the staff team for this, since teaming can be hard to detect sometimes, the problem lies within the gamemode.

What he means is can something be fixed about the game, and there can. The solution is replacing ffa with 1v1s. I would state the reasons for this but my fellow community members in the previous thread have explained it perfectly.

I suggest you not respond to these reasons until you've gained some ssm experience as your opinions demonstrate your clear ignorance for both ssm players and how they are in ffa, and what the ssm community thinks about ffa. Maybe then you will understand that there are objective problems with the gamemode and that theres a reason 99% of the community hates it.

And yes, the 1v1 gamemode will not be perfect, there will still be problems. These problems are tryhards being matched with new players making the matchups unfun, and a slight decrease in casual play (as players are bound to compete with eachother with this mode). However this is pretty much nothing compared to the current problems that are being caused by FFA.

Posted Feb 21, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 21, 2021
  4. I'm glad my opinions demonstrate a lack of ignorance. It would be unfortunate if they didn't.

That said, in all seriousness, I don't appreciate you telling me that basically I don't know what I'm talking about. Just because I haven't poured thousands of hours into SSM doesn't mean I haven't dedicated a significant amount of time to the network as a whole, and while the SSM community may like to think itself more sophisticated than the rest of Mineplex the fact of the matter is that it's all run by the same staff that exercise the same rules across the entire network.

An issue I frequently observe with the community is that they never ask what we, the players, can do to remedy a situation-- it's always about what the network's developers and administrators can do for them. When I come across issues like these I consider suggesting a massive change a worst case scenario since which updates do and don't get ordered isn't up to us, and so it doesn't make sense for us to idealize them. Having worked with Production I know that they pay very close attention to the state of Mineplex, what the issues are and whether or not their intervention is absolutely necessary. If Production believes that the solution to a purported teaming issue in SSM is eliminating FFA play in favor of 1v1, then that's what will happen. However, I can say with great certainty that it won't happen for any number of reasons, and so the best use of our time and energy is working together to remedy it ourselves by reporting.

I personally dislike using /report and StaffRequest since our Moderators will not see what I'm seeing. If you record instances of teaming extensively yourself I can guarantee you better results in terms of report efficacy. If it still isn't enough, I implore you to contact the RP Moderator who denied you for feedback on how you can improve your teaming reports.

Tl;Dr: Complaining about teaming in FFA isn't grounds for implementing 1v1. Instead of complaining, do something about it.

Posted Feb 21, 2021
  5. Like I stated in the post, teaming is a difficult thing for staff to determine. One player can simply camp and the other could target and it wont be considered teaming. Two teamers could easily pretend to fight eachother then blatant team the next second to prevent punishment while also gaining the advantage in game. Theres also such things as soft teaming which is unintentional but still gives a player an unfair advantage over another. This includes stuff like being targeted by an aggro player and being sniped by a camping skeleton from across the map. You dont even need to put an hour into the game to come across one of these situations which is why I said you dont seem very experienced. Also, if you claim to watch the community, most players in GI dislike the FFA system for various reasons aswell. But even members that are against replacing it with 1v1 are because of the reasons I mentioned. Also, according to the GI and former GI members, the only reasons FFA hasnt replaced yet is because LT doesnt want to for reasons they dont specify.

TLDR: I am saying you don't know what you are talking about based on your responses which say that "it will split the community" (which was greatly disproved by the poll results). Not because you havent put "thousands of hours in the gamemode" .

Staff has trouble telling teamers apart from targeters because it is hard to tell, not because we arent reporting enough.

Mineplex does not have perfect leadership and they will reject ideas regardless of how much backup it has or how much good it will do for the server.

1v1 is still the best solution as it will fix ALL teaming and other problems with the system.

Posted Feb 21, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 21, 2021
  6. So, I'm a little confused. Teaming is really self evident and super obvious, but staff can't see it because it's hard to differentiate from targeting? If it's as obvious and shameless as you say it is then you should have no problem recording. I myself have had teaming reports accepted in SSM, SG etc.

Moreover, what is this poll you speak of? Surely this isn't the one you're referencing, right? Twelve of fourteen total respondents complaining with a whiny OP don't prove anything. If Production wants to further consider 1v1 then they can conduct a network-wide poll via Carl or something.

Overall your arguments and rationale seem increasingly whiny and self-serving. This may come as a shock to you, but... It isn't a given that people will always agree with you. Sorry you've gotta learn this the hard way.

And by the way, yes, it will split the community. Not in terms of controversy or anything like that, but simply because when you introduce a third version of the same game then suddenly players are further spread out, and unfortunately Mineplex doesn't have such a surplus of players that this doesn't need to be a consideration. Moreover, if they replaced FFA with 1v1, I can guarantee you there would be more people coming to the forms angry with the change than are already here campaigning for 1v1 to be the default SSM gamemode.

Posted Feb 21, 2021
  7. You'd be actually surprised how many times I found myself in a scenario where I saw other staff members having a hard time telling if something is teaming or isn't, and not only in SSM. Especially on RP, I've came across several instances where other RP members couldn't tell if people were teaming in the report and had to resort to asking other staff members for second opinions. I guess you can't really relate to this since I imagine only rules people on bedrock break are hacking related, but it's nothing surprising to see people struggling with moderating teamers in general.

For the main post, teaming is always going to be an issue in SSM no matter how hard it will be enforced. The only fix would be like Chpinkles said making a 1v1 version of the game and replacing 4 player FFA with it, and that requires dev work which means moderation staff can't really do much to have any impact on it.

Posted Feb 21, 2021
    Mitchy likes this.
  8. The best option you can do is report them on the mineplex website with video evidence. Hope this helps! :)

Posted Feb 21, 2021
  9. I suppose the more it gets reported, the less people will be inclined to do it, especially second and third-time offenders.

I don't think it will be possible to eliminate the problem as a whole, though. For example, a thread was suggested to disallow parties into solo SSM, and although I agree from one angle, I don't from another. Parties enter these not only because they want to team, boost their stats, etc, but some may just want to 1v1. Not everybody has Legend or above to get MPS/MCS and even if they do, a lot of players want to 1v1 while still being against other people and have the ability to grind their stats.

In general, although disallowing parties in solo SSM would solve the teaming problem within parties, it still would not eliminate it completely as the majority of teaming in SSM comes from strangers teaming up against someone that still has 4 lives while they are both on 1, etcetc, all to make the game "fairer". Therefore, banning parties would not do anything - plus, it's easy to /server a lobby that your friend is in before game start without being partied and you could do the exact same thing.

Therefore, there is not really a way to eliminate the problem other than reporting as much as possible to discourage others from doing it.

Perhaps the rule could be bumped up from severity 1 to severity 2 (but still with a warning) for solo SSM (as there's a tiny amount of players here compared to regular games) or otherwise increase the punishment length so it's something players actually don't want to get punished for. Waiting a couple hours for a ban to be over is nothing - you can nap it out, but once that time is a week or longer you realise it's just not worth breaking that, especially if you're an avid SSM player.

Posted Feb 21, 2021
  10. Who cares if you get teamed on SSM. Its a strategy to eliminate better players. People target and rush the heck out of each other on CW. Plus, if you’re constantly getting teamed on you’ll start to get better and better until its not an issue anymore. Then that makes it so much easier to win in a lobby WITHOUT teamers.

Posted Feb 21, 2021
  11. Not sure I agree in full but @Sorhu does make a good point: It's just part of the game.

Posted Feb 21, 2021
  12. ????? So you eliminate the problem of getting teamed on, on the basis of "well you'll eventually get good so it's fine!". Let's take that argument into a different perspective. That is like saying if someone is repeatedly using hacks (A non blatant one, such as reach) on you, you shouldn't care, you'll eventually get good enough to beat that person. Does that sound right to you? Should that person be cleared of any misdeeds they're doing just because you aren't good enough to put up with it? Why is the person breaking the rules rewarded? Because you put pressure onto the victim and tell them to just "get good".

Posted Feb 21, 2021
  13. The problem with an FFA solo is that it directly encourages selective targetting (teaming) as a beneficial and optimal strategy to beat better players. This 1. doesn't reward better players with a win, as a gamemode should, often leading to frustrating losses to players who are worse, but come in a group, and 2. directly breaks the rules. Sstaff allow it, however, because "targetting" isn't against the rules, teaming is! If 2 players are targeting 1 player, according to staff, that is not technically teaming, they are just targetting 1 player out.

Whether you want to believe it or not, FFA solo has a multitude of problems. In reality, there is not a single valid argument that couldn't be disproved at the wave of a hand for why there should not be a 1v1 mode to replace ffa, but LT will go on to ignore the entire community's wishes like always so, it's whatever.

Posted Feb 21, 2021
    leo_thya and Chpinkles like this.
  14. "Teaming isn't a problem, just report it to staff and it's fine"
    People arguing this nonsensical argument, riddle me this. Why do we have a filter? Why do servers even bother with a chat filter when they already have staff to do their job? It acts as a preventive measure. Yeah Staff would eventually come along and mute the person who said a bad word but, why have it happen in the first place? What is the benefit? Why take time out of the staff's day when you can have something help you prevent someone from breaking the rules in the first place? It's a longer process to have someone manually report it, and then a staff manually have to look at it for a punishment to happen, or you could just prevent the problem in the first place.

Posted Feb 21, 2021
    Mitchy likes this.
  15. Buddy, its just a game. Don’t like a lobby? Find a new one. There are blatant rayers on MineStrike. Know what I do? I find a new lobby. And yes, it is possible to beat a reacher, because to my knowledge SSM is about more than melee attacks. Plus, there’s the crystal, which you should be able to use to kill the said reacher if you have any experience at all with SSM. Tell you what, since this means so much to you, I got a little project for you to work on. Create your own anti-team plugin for SSM and show it to the devs. See? More constructive than arguing on a forum thread.

Posted Feb 21, 2021
  16. Nice anecdotal evidence bud but that's not what I was talking about. I am talking about a worse player trying to beat a reacher. You openly leave that worse player with no help because "just get good lol, you'll beat it eventually". Why are you getting so mad when I only brought up valid points.

Posted Feb 21, 2021
  17. First of al, I’m not mad. I find it amusing that you believe so when you in fact are the one who used an angry tone in your response to my post in the first place. Second of all, I love how you don’t take my advice and continue to argue pettily on this thread. Two words- Grow up.

Posted Feb 21, 2021
  18. Nice rant, care to actually respond to what I said lmao?

Posted Feb 21, 2021
  19. You think thats a rant? Friend, that’s one paragraph. Reading this must be so embarassing for you lol. I honestly don’t know why I’m still talking to you. Stop before you embarass yourself further, hombre.

Posted Feb 21, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 21, 2021
  20. Hi there!

I am sorry that you are experiencing teaming during your games, and I can assure you that Staff are always doing their best in dealing with them. If you experience this again, feel free to utilize the following: you can always /report them in-game, you can use the StaffRequest community to report teamers [/com request staffrequest], or feel free to record the game and submit a report at mineplex.com/reports. All three options are great ways to report teamers, however, the best way is to get your own evidence to submit on the forums. If you choose that route, I would recommend reading through the report guide found here.

Seeing that the concern in this thread has been addressed, I will go ahead and lock this thread to prevent further comments. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to me via the forums or discord!

Thread Locked.

Posted Feb 21, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.