• 3871 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12309 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Can GWEN be more strict in cake wars?

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Goodgag, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Oh boy, I swear every 3/4 games of cake wars I play has at least one or two hackers jumping 80 blocks up at the start of game, slaughtering, then winning the game. GWEN only decides to kick the hackers after they have already eaten 2 cakes and basically won the game.

It gets very annoying after 3 games in a row of being killed before you have collected enough brick for a sword.

Can we tighten GWEN up a bit here? I mean as soon as they cross impossible gaps within 4 seconds of a game, they be deleted from the server?
    I know it can be tricky for anti cheat to detect cheats in games where there is flying/double-jumping in the mechanics, but other games it should the difference right? Im not even talking about the KA and force fields being used by these cheaters, just the fact that their at your cake faster than the fat kid at your birthday party.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
  2. GWEN can’t be more ‘strict.’ Developers can improve her, which they're trying to do. The issue is so many clients bypass GWEN and we lack a dedicated anti cheat developer.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    Kollu and Sven like this.
  3. Hey @Goodgag

Im sorry that you've been encountering a lot of hackers in cake wars lately. I can understand from personal experience how you may feel about GWEN not being more 'alertive' or 'strict' when it comes to recognizing hacks and punishing them accordingly thereafter.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we all want GWEN to be improved so that we can enhance the player experience on the Mineplex Network. However, achieving this goal is difficult and I'll explain why.

One of the primary reasons for why Gwen hasnt become "sticter" recently is because we currently do not have a developer who is currently working on GWEN. As a result of this, the ability for GWEN to be updated and worked on becomes much slower. Until we acquire a member(s) with the required knowledge to work with GWEN, future updates and improvements will be made more incrimentally/periodically.

I am personally not one to merely provide excuses. In regards to intereim solutions, although we do not currently have a developer working on GWEN, the staff team has established other channels/avenues you can take to grab the attention of a staff member in real-time, where they will come and handle a hacker/rule-breaker.

1. Staff Request Com - which is a community chat in-game where you can join it (ask a staff member to be invited to the group) and request a staff member to come to your game and observe a particular player you suspect of hacking/breaking the rules.
    2. /report command - this command is currently available to users Hero+ (which in your case you are able to use) and you can report a player for hacking. From there, staff members will process these reports in-game and deal with the situation from there.
    3. Go to Lobby 1- this is more of an old-fashion technique but if you want to get a staff member to come and observe a suspected hacker, you can type /server remember the sever number (eg SSM-11), go to Lobby-1 and provide that information to the staff members in Lobby, where they will be more than likely to come and help out. Plus Lobby 1 is a well known place where you can almost always find a staff member who can help you out.
    If you use all three of these methods, you will drastically increase the chances of a staff member coming to observe a hacker/rule breaker in real-time, while GWEN is being worked on.

Posted Mar 17, 2019,
    Last edited Mar 17, 2019
    HeyItsTay_, skarm and Kollu like this.
  4. As Sven stated above, there are multiple ways to catch them quickly, so to lessen the hackers. Since cake wars is relatively new to Mineplex, it attracts more people, which results in more hackers. I am sure the community is working hard to report these hackers and the staff definitely are too, and I’ve seen a definite decrease of hackers since last month, even though they are still there. Just pull through, report, and enjoy what you can.

Side note, Duos usually does not have many hackers, so if you want a nice game go there!

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    Kollu and Sven like this.
  5. Lol duos always has that one sweat team making it impossible to win.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    PapiKirito and Kollu like this.
  6. Snowwi at least there it is based on skill, instead of how fast you can use kill aura or bhop to get cakes. Most of the time I play with a friend so I can match up slightly to a good team

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    Kollu likes this.
  7. Kollu

Kollu
    x

As a lot if people said above the staff team is small on GWEN and they are working their hardest to update it. I reccomend you do some of the methods that @Sven said. I got super frustrated with Gwen also and quit java 3 weeks ago to start playing bedrock on my phone.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
  8. not a very solid argument. But I agree with you even though I don't play much of CW.

Posted Mar 18, 2019
  9. Hey there!

Sorry to hear that when you were running into trouble with some hackers in-game. As what Sven has mentioned that there are three methods you can find the way to report hackers. I will recommend you will use three types of methods in the future. You can try to join the StaffReq communities group, use /report command (Hero+ rank only), or go to Lobby-1 to inform staff members. I also want to add another method that you can also report them through forums if you have a video evidence. You can report them at www.mineplex.com/reports there.

Although, these methods are not always perfect, so we will try our best to deal with the rule breakers. Remember, you can choose more than three methods, and we will always be there to help you!

Posted Mar 18, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  10. /Report doesn't really work 90% of the time for me tbf. I hope there's a change into how it's dealt in the future.

Posted Mar 18, 2019
  11. Yes for me, a while ago I reported a guy who cheats in the lobby at the PVP game, and it was after 2 minutes banned by a mod. Indeed, Gwen is not perfect and she really needs a brand new update soon, but there are moderators online almost anytime, so GG #ModTeam!

Posted Mar 18, 2019
  12. Everyone has different experiences I guess.

Posted Mar 18, 2019,
    Last edited Mar 18, 2019
  13. Well,
    I do agree with you on this one! GWEN's stability does need to be improved, however DEVELOPERS are doing everything in their power to help GWEN's stability. I do know that GWEN is not at its best potential of being an anti-hack, but I guess for now we just have to deal with GWEN's stability and make do until DEVELOPERS have fixed GWEN entirely. I hope I gave you an image of what we are dealing with right now.
    Also, I know you swear because of the hackers and that, but don't you think there is another solution? [HINT: GET GUD KID!] Jk.
    Thanks,
    SmokingIsBad4U

Posted Mar 18, 2019
  14. It is what it is. Hopefully Gwen improves much more. At least we have the staff request com because that helps a lot

Posted Mar 18, 2019
  15. I don't think GWEN necessarily needs to be stricter for Cake Wars specifically. Sure, there are lots of hackers that can be found in Cake Wars, but there are also lots of hackers across the network. Minecraft itself has become quite rampant with them. I agree that GWEN should be updated but I don't feel that it should be targeted towards Cake Wars only. It should be updated to fit the entire network to improve game play for all players, not just Cake Wars players. I feel that some players would be upset that the developers put their focus on updating an anti-cheat for one game and not other ones. I would love to see a GWEN update soon, but I don't know if specifically working it for one game is the way to go.

Posted Mar 18, 2019
  16. I think not specifically cake wars. I hoped this thread meant that it would be on general GWEN, not just specifically cake wars!

Posted Mar 19, 2019
  17. I agree that there are a lot of hackers in cake wars. But as said above it can’t me more “strict” in one certain game mode, Developers are always working on updates

Posted Mar 26, 2019
  18. getting a Gwen dev and a lead would be a great start...

Posted Mar 27, 2019
  19. The issue is that to be stricter you sometimes forfeit accuracy. Given the fact that there have been known, long-standing bugs that kick innocent players, I don't think it would be a safe bet to increase its sensitivity.

Plus, if GWEN had the capability of being stricter while also being fair enough, it would have already happened; there's not some secret potential that's being hidden against players' benefit. The anti-cheat would needs serious updates before becoming stricter, and at that point it would apply to the whole network.

Posted Mar 27, 2019
  20. no1 is trying to update it casuse there is no gwen developer

Posted Apr 8, 2019