• 265 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2844 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Camper Tracking Device

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by LT Tombstone 77, Dec 9, 2019.

?

Do you think a new kit or item should be added?

1. Yes

90.0%
  2. No

10.0%
  1. I’m sure we all have encountered at least one annoying person who decides to camp in Cake Wars due to the fact that their cake has been eaten. And I’m sure we’ve all gotten immensely frustrated after not finding them and lost the game.

Well, I’m all open for ideas that could stop this. Turns out I’ve come up with a few. One of them is that there’s a player tracking compass (sort of like in spectator mode or in Block Hunt) and you can detect the last player. Perhaps this should be a new kit or just players have them in general with any kit. Or maybe you can but it for 10 emeralds or something. This would make it easier to find campers and if it was a new kit, make the game more fun by trying to unlock the kit. (Honestly I have so many gems that I’ve bought every kit in every game xD it’s be nice to use them). But the item option is sounding better and better.

Tell me what you think below! And thanks for reading and considering! :D

Posted Dec 9, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 10, 2019
  2. Heyo!

Java Cake Wars already has a tracking compass given to every player after the cake rots. I think something like that would be a nice addition to Bedrock Cake Wars as well. I don't think it should be purchasable through the villagers, but it would work nicely if it was the same as Java. However it wouldn't only track the last player like you said; if you didn't know how tracking compasses work here on Java, they give you the direction and distance of the closest player. Not exactly sure why it doesn't have it right now in the first place, but I don't see any issues with it so if it's possible to implement then +1 from me.

Have a good one! :)

Posted Dec 9, 2019
    xGetRektedx and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  3. Honestly, I don't think this should be a new kit. The kits in Cake Wars are pretty balanced, and changing them wouldn't be the best. Since this kit is only applicable when there are campers (which isn't THAT often), it would be severely underpowered compared to the others. However, adding this as an item (preferably in the Emerald Shop) would be nice. As @TILGORN // Tilg mentioned, Java does have something like this, and I would definitely like to see this implemented. It sucks when you're grinding wins and a camper who's not going to win anyways just hides under the map.

Posted Dec 9, 2019
  4. CW kits are balanced? Frosting kit? lol

Posted Dec 9, 2019
  5. @mab8400 they're meant to be balanced, Frosting is an achievement kit, it's getting changed soon and it's possible to argue that Builder is better is better than Frosting in general.

And yes, i AgReE wItH @ScarletBlood37 xD Having a kit that is only useful some games and is only effective after Cake Rot doesn't feel that balanced. It seems kinda useless. But as an item, I could see it working. Maybe 12 emeralds? Remember that you would probably buy this late-game.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  6. Heyo!
    So I like the idea of this and it sounds really efficient, but this could also be counted as copyright, since another server already has the idea of this. But if mineplex doesn't mind, then by all means this is a +1 from me! Also another thing from me, like many have stated, we don't think that this kit would be very balanced, due to the fact that it might be a seperate kit itself, but in the aspect of the 12 emeralds or 10 (only in late game) I think it would be useful for exterminating those tricky and cowardly campers!
    Ta Ta,
    Gardevoir

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  7. I don't believe copyright would be an issue, they would just need to give it a different name and a slightly different function.
    --- Post updated ---
    I would say with great confidence that Frosting is objectively better than builder. I think builder is mostly balanced other than the fact that you can suffocate people and trap them; which I don't believe that was intended when making it. With the frosting kit, a person could definitely kill a person with full diamond armor with default leather and wood, because it is literally impossible to land hits if the person is moving a certain way and they throw multiple snowballs at once/in succession.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  8. Hey!

I personally think that this is a good idea, and it has potential, but I do not think it deserves its own kit. I like the fact that implementing a compass on Bedrock Cake Wars could help players find campers which I am totally all for, but a seperate kit for this seems unnecessary. In games where there are no players camping, this kit would pose no real use or benefit for the player using it. Yes, they would get a tracking compass to find others, but if they are not camping it's pretty easy to see everyone around the map. So for the kit suggestion, it's a -1 in my opinion.

As for the overall suggestion for implementing a compass, I am definitely for this! Like @TILGORN // Tilg stated, we have this on Java after cake rot, so why not bring it over to Bedrock? It will definitely help players find those hiders that camp for a while and make the game go on for a long time. Even though I don't play Bedrock Mineplex, I still know the frustration of looking for a camper on a game. I do not see any issues with implementing this, and so I think it's a great suggestion. For this part of the idea, I'll be leaving it at a +1! Thank you for bringing your ideas forward for the community to discuss!

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  9. Oh, I’m talking about bedrock. We don’t have frosting, I’ve never seen it been used... I thought this idea was for Bedrock considering that the OP is a bedrock player.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    LT Tombstone 77 and xGetRektedx like this.
  10. I would say with great confidence that Frosting is objectively better than builder. I think builder is mostly balanced other than the fact that you can suffocate people and trap them; which I don't believe that was intended when making it. With the frosting kit, a person could definitely kill a person with full diamond armor with default leather and wood, because it is literally impossible to land hits if the person is moving a certain way and they throw multiple snowballs at once/in succession.
    Oh my bad, I thought you were talking about Java, I get them mixed up a lot.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    ScarletBlood37 likes this.
  11. Actually copyright could be a problem because the rivalling server has the same idea

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  12. Copyright doesn't protect ideas

Posted Dec 12, 2019
  13. Not gonna lie it kinda does, because CW wasn't the first unique idea of capturing beacons and destroying enemies main source(s). So copyright kinda does and also like I stated before the rival server, has everything like this in CW. But I guess I could look the other way.

Posted Dec 12, 2019
  14. Copyright won't be an issue for this. This has already be implemented in Java without any legal battles, so there's no danger of one happening using the exact same item in Bedrock.

Posted Dec 12, 2019
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  15. -unapproved link-

[​IMG]

-unapproved link-

[​IMG]

Posted Dec 16, 2019
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  16. love him or hate him

he spittin straight fax right here about copyright

Posted Dec 16, 2019
  17. Yeah, you should definitely be getting a compass for CW. We have one on Java so why not Bedrock. It just makes the game less frustrating and I see no issue with it. Shouldn't be a kit as well; it should be something given to you.

Posted Dec 19, 2019
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.