• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9007 Players Online
  • 6117 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cakewars Update (04/13/2020)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by EmmaLie, Apr 13, 2020.

1. They really killed the Frosting kit, what they should have done could have been reducing the slowness of the snowballs to 1second not to eliminate it completely, it is unnecessary except that it is an Achievement Kit it must be better than the free kits , the Kit Frosting really became useless and it would no longer be funny to get all the achievements of CW.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  2. Frosting isn't useless because the slowness was removed. Slowness wasn't even what made the kit good. You can still use the kit the exact same way you did before, you just can't slow people down, if you think it's useless just because the slowness was removed, you weren't using the kit properly.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  3. mineplex will like usual listen to the bots that complain about frost being "op" when I've seen many frost reliants get killed by other people. Another achievement kit killed by mineplex for no reason smh

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    hyperspacechewy likes this.
  4. bruh when we say frost reliants are too op, we mean that they have a HUUUUGE advantage over us in a flat out 1v1 not that theyre unkillable lol. The frost kit still gives them an advantage (rod function) but it isnt super op anymore since it doesnt have frost. About time the slowness got removed LUL. It isnt even close to the worst achievement kit.( talking to the guy u replied to but i dont feel like looking for his comment) u act like all the achievements take nearly forever to complete or its an accomplishment. It isnt. Its easy. You have no idea how good a rod is in a classic pvp fight.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    pinfoil and SpitefulNick like this.
  5. I wonder when are Mineplex devs are going to get in their heads that the community wants CW Solo mode. I guess it wasn't enough.

Overall. nice update. Although I think Frosting got nerfed too hard.

Posted Apr 20, 2020
  6. they said they werent gonna add it until the cakewars community gets a lot bigger lol

Posted Apr 20, 2020
  7. Now I myself am very sad about losing slowness in cake wars besides that this is a good update I myself would not have taken away the slowness but upped each kit more with more ability and what not instead until they were all balanced out unless there was something way to insanely op but frosting at this point was not to op but the kits need to stop getting nerfed its getting a little old but now I am more of an ssm player not really into cake wars anymore only play it if I have friends on because of all the nerfing but anyways besides frosting great update!

Posted Apr 20, 2020
  8. I like your idea, at this point a rod is better than the frosting kit, also the snowball every 6 seconds is too long time, I reaffirm that i think it is the WORST kit, the platform kit really if they know how to use this kit , they can suffocate you in blocks and it is very annoying, the warrior kit is better and gives you 3 hearts for each kill.
    Since the rod can spam and the snowballs no.

Posted Apr 20, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 21, 2020
  9. YO BRO! NICEEE AMAZING UPDATE! I HATED THE FLOOR IS LAVA! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!

Posted Apr 20, 2020
  10. I think there should be a solo cake wars I would really like that

Posted Apr 20, 2020
    3Clicks, Darius and _Midnightt_ like this.
  11. Me too. I would love to just play solo and grind that without being in the need to have a party. I mean in duos I usually play solo and after I win or lose I get into a party but only solo would be good.

Posted Apr 28, 2020
    Darius likes this.
  12. Thank you for the update

stay safe everyone!

Posted Apr 30, 2020
  13. OK I like it!

Posted May 12, 2020
  14. I like it

Posted May 14, 2020
    Posted Jun 8, 2020
  16. This update sucks they remove snowball frosting but they don't do anything to kits like archer why is that do they just hate frosting kit and love archer kit every game theirs like a team of kids with archer kit the bow sniping people hope as soon as there on a bridge and reducing the price of arrows and allowing archer bow to be kept after death gave them the most incentive to use the kit and just be generally annoying people get more hate for snowballing then using archer even though archer kit is much more annoying which makes no sense i would recommend changing arrows prices back or higher and removing the ability to keep the bow after death or something to nerf the kit thank you. - debuted

Posted Jul 2, 2020
  17. Necro aside, archer was extremely underpowered and largely useless which is why it got a buff. Most of the complaints about it stem from people being able to camp mid before bridges are built, but that actually tends to stem from a bug which allows players to get the bow early without purchasing it, not from the actual buff to the kit. Removing the bow on death just makes the kit useless again and is not going to happen. And in practicality, the archer kit still isn't as good as builder and arguably frosting, the teams that just bow camp almost never win in my experience.

Posted Jul 2, 2020
  18. Ima get a necro but idc
    Great job on the server! Only been 3 months since last update

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    Firerider likes this.
  19. No they don’t win but it is very annyoying many players you can ask any top Cw player that doesn’t use archer and ask if they mind it annyoying archer kit shouldn’t even exist in the game just being able to have a free bow as soon as you spawn and early game they just spam spam and nothing able to be done about it clearly frosting was needed so shouldn’t archer receive a nerf by atleast increasing arrow cool down or making arrows price go back to normal.

Posted Jul 15, 2020
  20. There have been some suggestions into decreasing the rate of which arrows are gained, I don't know if that's being taken seriously though considering most people by now have gone back to playing builder and the complaints about archer have died down a lot. Increasing the arrow prices doesnt really help because most archers don't even buy arrows, they just shoot with what the kit gives them. I think if they just patch the bug that allows archers their bow before they actually buy it the kit will be fine.

Posted Jul 15, 2020