• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Cakewars traps

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by BannedLoser, Mar 16, 2019.

1. BannedLoser

BannedLoser

1. Cakewars
    2. Nerf/Fix tnt traps, TNT traps deal half ur hp 90% of the time sometimes more. Which makes it really hard to get cakes if you're cake is gone mainly cause you'll most likely die from the trap... so with this all being said I have a few ideas.

- Make islands a big enough size to where you don't get completely launched into the void from the trap (Happens on half the maps), whenever this happens it's completely unfair and shouldn't be a thing. You die (Possibly eliminated) and can't even get the cake, Which makes it hard whenever you're trying to clutch a game.

- Reduce knockback from the trap/or fall damage, this would allow players to have a small chance of recovering from the trap and getting the cake.

All I'm saying is traps are not supposed to completely kill the player setting them off, and this should be nerfed to make it to where it doesn't completely kill the player. So, please nerf this trap so we are able to comeback somewhat and have a small chance of getting the cake.

Posted Mar 16, 2019

2. Heyo

You make some pretty interesting points but I’m going to have to disagree because of the fact that the purpose of the trap is to launch you into the air and deal damage and I think it’s pretty good where it’s at

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  3. ??what?? That’s the thing people hate about it. It litterly defeats the purpose of the game. We’re trying to EAT cakes, not preserve them. And the traps are also very glitchy.
    --- Post updated ---
    For bedrock that’s the case not for java though.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
  4. @BannedLoser is clearly talking about Java Edition and I am well familiar with that platform than I am with bedrock. Java edition has not a lot of bugs as bedrock. If you come across a bug please report it.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
  5. But that wasn’t my point. I’m saying the tnt traps kind of take away the objective. And the way it’s used is pretty much the same for bedrock if I’m not mistaken.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
  6. It’s not taking away from the objective the plot of the game is to attack and defend your cake. This provides a defense system that players have to strategize against. For example building yourself Inside their cake defense disables the knockback given to you but does set off an alarm when you attempt to eat it. Theirs lots of ways you can counter it. You just have to have the set of skills. However on bedrock if what you said is true than you should really file a bug report so that staff know about this suppose game breaking glitch.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
  7. There’s no skill in having it if your going to rely on it. The knockback it does is quite insane and is frustrating. I made a similar post but sort of changed it to nerfing the traps. Or maybe add a different effect rather than having it kill you because there is absolutely no skill for defenders to rely on that to kill the attackers.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
  8. xOeuf

xOeuf

Suh,
    The traps are endgame reinforcements. These are things you get later on when most people already have iron/diamond armor. Now, I fully understand your standpoint in that it has a huge blast which sends you flying, but it usually doesn't do too much damage for you to be at a huge disadvantage. You can still win fights against others after the trap was set off, and you most certainly don't instantly die-meaning you can react by fighting or running.
    Cake wars is a team game. You shouldn't be going in by yourself if you know you can't handle a trap. Have one person set it off, another person to focus on getting to the cake, and one person set on PvP.
    I think traps are fair as is - yeah, they don't require "skill", but that's because it's a passive ability that protects your cake. Of course, it won't require any sort of reaction in that case. You also mention that it's frustrating; that's the whole point of the trap. It's supposed to ward people off and try again later, it doesn't take away from the premise of the game (attack/defend) and is a very fun variable to have in play.

I'd definitely vouch for keeping it. If it becomes a huge problem for a mass of people, I'd like to see it nerfed, but not taken out of the game.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    Kollu likes this.
  9. That’s the point if you avoid the knockback by building yourself in you will not be launched into the air at all and will be able to eat the cake except the TNT alarm will go off and the team will know but you the time they get to you you would have eaten their cake. It’s simple you just have to have the set of skills

Posted Mar 17, 2019
  10. I’d rather have it nerf on the knockback, and also sometimes people don’t like to rely on teammates. On bedrock a lot of people rush by theirselves, and sometimes it takes time to actually eliminate all the teams.
    --- Post updated ---
    And maybe had it not been so glitchy on bedrock it wouldn’t have been a big problem.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
  11. Like I said already a couple times if you come across a bug plz report it. We want the staff team to be able to fix it but if you just complain about it and not submit a bug report then it can get fixed sooner. And you got to remember that cakewars is a team game and requires good communication. That’s why cakewars was created.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
  12. Im sure most people on bedrock have already reported it. Also Cake wars is a team game but really, when people on bedrock play by themselves they don’t rely on them. Mostly because they are doing their own thing while you go out eating cakes.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    Kollu likes this.
  13. Exactly so to counter the trap you can either have a teammate disable the trap by attempting to eat it or you can build yourself in when playing alone. Theirs all sorts of strategies around it so theirs really no need to remove it. However I do understand where your coming from

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    el4ctrified likes this.
  14. The trap is there as a defense, so you can go out and attack other teams and not just have your cake sitting there for easy eating. There is more to games and kits than just being pvp based and offense, there is defense also.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    Kollu likes this.
  15. BannedLoser

BannedLoser

Everything said above I'm going to comment on it all. @Kollu Keep in mind I said fix the islands to where it doesn't completely launch you off the island, I would be fine with it dealing the damage it is right now. If they would fix it to where it doesn't completely launch u off the island.

Now, the "team game" thing. Let's face it most teams on 4's don't leave the base unless you're in a party. I personally have 2.3k wins in cakewars and play nearly everyday all day, Also there is duo's to consider. Duo's teams one stays at base one usually goes out gets cakes/beacons. Now, these traps would make it difficult to actually get cakes in both duos and standard.

"More than offense and pvp based" - Yes, you need to balance between the two or you'll lose most likely. However, a trap that cuts the players health in half from fall damage shouldn't be the solution. If the game wishes to truly be based from offense/defense then you would need someone at base constantly to avoid being pearled on/chicken portal. Now, that would be true defense and I'm fine with traps being a thing just not one that deals half hp from fall damage/completely dying to void. Example: Bear trap is great, mainly because it deals no damage but also alerts the team and gives you effects to make it hard to get the cake. However, it gives you a pretty good chance at recovery cause the trap isn't long lasting.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 17, 2019
    Kollu likes this.
  16. Just a reminder that you can always trap yourself inside someone’s cake. What I mean by that is mind the defense and than place the blocks around you so your completely covered and than if the tnt trap activates then you won’t take any knockback or damage. The only thing it will do is alert the other players but you should be able to eat the cake by than

Posted Mar 17, 2019
  17. Marzie

Marzie

I agree the knockback on the tnt trap is insane, so to me it for sure needs to be nerfed. I don't think the tnt trap should be removed completely though, it's nice to have. They just need to fix the bug where it sometimes sets off the trap 1 time and then other times it bugs and never goes away, making it so you literally can't eat their cake.
    I find it very weird that on java it doesn't make you go as far, but on bedrock it makes you (most of the time) fly into heaven. I also found that the tnt does the same exact thing in the normal lobbies on bedrock, it flings you into the air. Maybe this is just a Mineplex tnt bug as a whole.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    BannedLoser, Kollu and BuySomeApples like this.
  18. It's a bedrock thing, TNT acts odd hit/miss, in games sometimes blows up one or two blocks and sometimes ten, and in bedrock lobby it depends on how close you are to the TNT, if your on top of it you only go up 7-10 blocks, but if you stand let's say 8 blocks away from the TNT it will shoot you to the moon, the further away the further it shoots you, to a point. The cakewars TNT trap wasn't made that way, it's a bug that is making it that way

Bedrock blues

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    Kollu likes this.
  19. Marzie

Marzie

Yeaaa I figured something was wrong. Well, frick

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    Kollu likes this.
  20. Hqzardous

Hqzardous

I am not sure if the slight bug was fixed, but in a recent game I played, someone on my team set a TNT trap and when an opposing team tried to eat out cake they got knocked back but didn't fall off the island, so maybe it is different maps. Though thanks to us respawning forever because the cake was protected, they just farmed kills and I kind of wished that they could have been able to eat the cake. The trap should be lessened on knockback or have one use and have to be bought after someone is knocked back. On Java there seems to be an opposite effect.. I am not sure if the TNT trap works at all there. I will test around to see.

Posted Mar 18, 2019 at 6:03 PM
    PeytonSam likes this.