• 1180 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11102 Players Online
  • 9922 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Cakewars Tournament (:

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by usnic, Nov 3, 2019.

?

Would you participate?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No but I would watch

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. No because this Idea sucks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I been wanting for a long time to participate or host a cakewars tournament here on bedrock. The only problem is the party system is very broken and would make this quite the challenge to pull off. I feel like the Open Party Update could come into play with this Idea and could help get things set up. We could have people stream or make videos on it and it would be a fun time. I see lot of Java events and wonder how we could maybe pull off some fun times aswell even though we can’t implement MPS servers because its against the microsoft rules. We could still find a way and Idc if this is like a year from happening but its still something I think that would be awesome. But like I said we first need Parties to not be broken!

Posted Nov 3, 2019
  2. I think Bedrock does need more attention towards the event/tournament side of things. I think that a cake wars tournament would be great, however I just don't know if this will end up working. Bedrock doesn't really accommodate for the PvP aspect of Minecraft, and people who are not on PC may have a disadvantage if wanting to participate. Other than that, I think the tournament would have to be advertised quite a lot. From what I've seen, the bedrock audience is younger and they may not necessarily know this is happening or know what it is. The bugs and glitches would obviously have to be fixed before this even happens. Though It would be cool to see down the track. I'm remaining more on the neutral side for now. Thanks for your idea.

Posted Nov 4, 2019
    usnic likes this.
  3. If we fix the party system I’m in! But watch out I can win a game in 5 minutes

Posted Nov 4, 2019
    usnic likes this.
  4. Pfft thats light work I can win games in less than 2 minutes (:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 4, 2019
  5. Heyo!

Seeing as there is a variety of platforms being able to play the Bedrock platform, I'm not so sure how well this would turn out in a competitive aspect. You have to keep in mind that there would be PC players going up against Mobile players, console vs PC, and vise versa. It would be very difficult to balance out the gameplay, so I just don't think it would work out too well.

For a gameplay aspect of things, it would be difficult to set up these competitive battles on Bedrock since there are no player servers, and parties don't work too well at the moment. With how Bedrock is set up in general too, I believe it is better for the competitive scene to stay exclusive to Java as of now (though if there are fixings in the future to resolve these issues, this could be a great idea).

On the flipside of all of this, there could be tournaments that are platform strict. What I mean by this is a mobile tournament, console tournament, and then a PC tournament. Players would most likely be able to lie about this however, so then again I'm not so sure if this would work too well either.

While this is an interesting idea, I'm going to leave it at a -1 for now. Perhaps in the future this could be beneficial, I just don't see it working as of now with how Bedrock is set up. Good idea though, have a nice day :)

Posted Nov 4, 2019
    usnic likes this.
  6. Wait... You said that the party system is broken, what do you mean by that? I have had no issues with the party system while playing with my friends.
    --- Post updated ---
    But I love the tournament idea. :)
    --- Post updated ---
    Yes I agree with this. Mobile players can't keep up with console and PC players (Unless you're AceProSkillz, he's a GOD), so that would be the downside of starting a tournament like this.

Posted Nov 4, 2019
    usnic likes this.
  7. Hey Net!
    Personally, I love this idea. Even though there would still be a skill gap between the different devices, friends could team up together and have some fun! However, I would rather have Mineplex fix all the bugs with the server caused by the new update than creating new events. The bugs have a drastic effect on the player count, so those should probably be fixed before anything new gets created. For now, I’m going to leave this at +0. Nice idea though, and maybe in the future this could definitely be an awesome event!

Ace plays on laptop btw, not mobile lol

Posted Nov 4, 2019
    usnic likes this.
  8. Fix knockback first

Posted Nov 4, 2019
    usnic and scarlands like this.
  9. We could have mobile players tournament and a win10/xbox tournament (:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 4, 2019
  10. For example on Java when you are in a party and you play games like micro battles, duos skywars or cakewars or normal cakewars. You should always be put on the same team. On bedrock however it does not do that and you have to que for the same color of team. Parties of 4 never get put all together on cakewars or micro battles and always get split up. And parties of 2 never get put together in cakewars duos and sometimes regular mode aswell

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 4, 2019
  11. Uh, I'm not sure about that. Windows 10 people can easily destroy Xbox players. What would be fair is if people fought others that played on the same platform as them. (Mobile vs. Mobile, Xbox vs. Xbox, and W10 vs W10) This would actually determine how skillful a person is at the game because both players would be utilizing the same device, and 1 player would not have an unfair advantage over the other.

Posted Nov 4, 2019
  12. I think that’s a good idea. I’ll go on Windows 10 edition since I wreck everyone on pc lol

Posted Nov 4, 2019
  13. Yo,

I also feel like Mineplex should host something special for the Bedrock platform, however, I think a tournament would be too difficult to handle. Lets first start with the point made about cross-platform playing. Of course, there is an obvious disadvantage for those on the switch, x-box, and mobile users. It's going to be difficult for the non-windows 10 users to even have a fair chance against those that do. The idea of having it be certain platforms only (Mobile vs. Mobile, Xbox vs. Xbox, and W10 vs W10) wouldn't really work because then it raises the possibility of people lying to get advantages. The honor system never works, especially when it's a competition. Another reason I don't see this working as well as I would want it to is how winners would be determined. If it's a bracket type tournament where teams have to sign up, how would those teams compete against each other? There are no MPS's, so automatically a good competitive game between those teams would be ruled out. The other way of determining winners would be the way the last Cakewars tournament went on Java, all based off of wins. I think this could work, but again it's all based on players going against other platforms and it could be easier or harder for them to win their games compared to others in it. The last reason I don't see this working on bedrock right now is because of the glitches. I just honestly think there are too many Cakewars glitches on Bedrock to truly be competitive. There are some major Cakewars bugs out there that many people abuse, so I wouldn't wanna see that being put into a challenge where we can't track if people do that.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see Bedrock get the same treatment in terms of what Java gets, but I think a tournament just wouldn't work in the current state of Bedrock. I'm gonna go ahead and add this idea to the ideas board for production to look at later on. If you wanna view this board, click here. Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 4, 2019
    jacvb and usnic like this.
  14. I don’t expect this to come soon but maybe at the end of 2020 we could set it up. I certainly hope by 2020 Party Bugs will be fixed if not I really am sad xD

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 4, 2019
  15. Thanks for suggesting this! Unfortunately bedrock tournaments are not possible since the bedrock server does not have the necessary tools at this time to host one. On Java hosting tournaments is easy since it has the MPS system but Bedrock does not have an MPS system and there are no plans at this time to add one.

Denied

Posted Feb 24, 2021
    nolawn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.