• 2019 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10457 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cakewars teammates rant

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Wolfhawk33, Sep 14, 2019.

1. (Disclaimer: yeah yeah, I know not everyone's like this)

This rant is about bad teammates, because boy are they annoying, they are barely helpful, and in some cases will get their team eliminated, I will explain what they do, and how it's harmful to their team

1.building straight to the middle: Am I the only one who finds it annoying when my teammates choose to build a bridge straight to the middle, without protecting our cake first, it's even worse when they have the builder kit, "but if you build to the middle, you'll get nether stars that you can use for team upgrades", true, but do you know what building a bridge straight to the middle also does? It gives the other team a bridge to your base, and to your cake, your first priority, should be to protect your team's cake

2.deaf teammates: ok so imagine this you and you're teammate are at your base equiped with an diamond sword and you're wearing iron boots and leggings, and a diamond chest plate, and helmet, and then 3 other players from a different team, that are wearing enchanted iron armour with enchanted diamond, swords come after your cake, so you go to try to fight them off, but your teammate doesn't help, why? They're too busy trying to get a bunch of arrows or whatever. If you're at your base, and you hear players fighting, then don't stand around, then don't stand around, Because your cake and/or teammate(s) may be in danger

3. neglectful teammates: now I'll admit that I'm guilty of this one too, so I'll be less aggressive for this one, but still never leave your base for long.

Well that's the end of my little rant hoped you enjoyed it, but seriously, Don't do these things, please, you're supposed to protect your cake, not make it easier for the other teams to eat it. Also I want to know your thoughts on this post, so feel free to post your opinion on my rant.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    InfuiBoom and SpookVegetables like this.
  2. Hey there! I can see why these can be annoying, but I disagree with your first one! As a competitive cake wars player, participating in the cwcl, I can confirm that rushing middle is the most important thing! Yes, it opens up a bridge to your cake, but shouldn't your defenders be protecting cake? Multiple people on the gen means you can stack stars and get resource gen within the first minute and a half! (I normally get to mid in about 14 seconds with builder)

As for your second statement, some members may not be as fortunate as to hear sound like we do. Therefore, they may not hear the fighting!

I do agree with the third one. However, I only play with people I've played with before, and we normally spend most of our time away from base, eliminating teams. We leave no defenders, We all attack, And we roughly win in about 2 minutes or less.

Great post!

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  3. Look, I understand what you're saying on the first point, but if you want to go to the middle, you should make sure your team's cake is protected and when you do start building to the middle, Don't use a simple straight bridge, instead have the bridge end in a 3-5 block drop, that way the other teams will have a bit more trouble using it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 14, 2019
    Zapix likes this.
  4. Thread Moved -> Cake Wars

Hey, I completely get what you're saying here. Now I normally play in a "squad" of people that I actually know to ensure that some of these things don't happen, but sometimes this is just down to people not understanding fully how to play the game.

The whole point about building to mid is for upgrades, no mid, no win in simplified terms. Obviously, you could win with no upgrades but they provide a serious advantage. If you have builder you could just place two wool then a platform over the cake so it gets covered until your team gathers endstone/wood.

I can agree with the other points, most of the time there are blind spots where people are oblivious to their cake going, that's why I try and aim to advise people to build maps without many features between the cake and the generator to prevent this issue. Another suggestion is to cut down on the blocks you use on the defence, the more blocks you use, especially wool, the easier it is for enemies to mine secretly into your cake and eat it!

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    FiveCPS likes this.

5. I have to disagree with #1, any good team rushes mid to capitalize on mid beacon and to rush whoever builds over second. I have done this pretty much every game, as long as someone is there to cover cake with endstone

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  6. Again I am fully aware of the advantage of building to the middle, but if you're going to build to the middle, then don't make a simple bridge, because like I said before, the other teams can use it to get to your base, if you're going to build to the middle, then make a bridge that ends in a 3-5 block drop, that way it will be a bit harder for the other teams to use it

OP OP
  7. 1. Xd i've died many timed because of my teammates quickly building to the middle, one time i had 1 member of every other team at my base trying to eat my cake. I usually wait to get 12 bricks for end stone protect my cake then attack, or usually one person in the team will take care of the cake.

2. I'll somewhat agree with it, remember your teammate may not have their volume on, and they may be looking at the other way, i will say i get annoyed when that happens.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  8. Solutions

1. You can help and buy endstone.

2. Volume could be off

3. Common Problem, just play with friends.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  9. If u need a teammate u can check our my thread and add me on discord and i got u

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  10. I would rather say that those who refuse to protect the cake when there is already a bridge connecting mid to your base. Nether stars are the most valuable resource and getting there first is very beneficial. Even if someone is a builder kit, that is ample amount of time to set up a decent cake defense.

I have been a victim of this too. Cake Wars is a team game and it is very enraging when your teammate just leaves you out to dry.

As long as there is one player to watch after the cake, it is fine. Teams can assign different roles among their members. It is important to take a look back at your base frequently, though. If there is someone raiding, then the best option is to backcheck.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  11. I know this might be frustrating, but you need to remember that if you solo queue for Cake Wars not everyone is going to be as knowledgeable and experienced at the game as you are. You may be on the same team as someone who has never played Cake Wars before and doesn't know the best tactics or strategies. All of the issues you've listed can be solved by one simple solution, playing in a party. If you don't have any one to play Cake Wars with, you can make a post in the Recruitment section of the forums and I'm sure lots of people will be interested.

Hopefully this solved some of the problems you encounter when playing Cake Wars, good luck!

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  12. Most people summed up a lot + there isn't a need to repeat other forum posts. But if you are looking for better cake wars partners, you can go to Lobby-1 and ask for a partner for cakewars or a team. Mostly, the people that are there will be actually good in cake wars and a lot of people ask for partners.

hope this helped.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  13. Well unless your with friends, then it won’t get any better.
    I guess in your case scenario, it depends on the type of teammates your talking about, if your referring to people who rush other cakes, just let them rush and eat the cake, it makes it easier for you since you no longer need to worry about their cake. If we’re talking about people who go to mid, you can simply break the bridge and build a staircase, assuming that your teammates don’t have anything on them, since they built to mid straight away.
    --- Post updated ---
    Even if your teammates volume is down, you don’t need volume to know what’s going on

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    Floowsr likes this.
  14. Omg, this thread is so relatable. I totally agree that bad teammates are extremely annoying.

I feel you xd. It always makes me cringe when my teammates have builder kit and instead of protecting the cake, they head straight to middle. However depending on what they do after changes my opinion. When I used to have builder kit, I would build to middle first, and then use the clay that builds up after time to protect the cake when I get back to base. I recommend that players build up if they go to middle, so that players don't easily cross over to the cake. Overall, I'd rather have a cake then get nether stars first xD.

This makes me cringe. Sometimes my own teammates would just watch the cake get eaten and its extremely annoying. But it is always satisfying(for me anyways) when my teammates always watch the cake and defend it

Definitely my weakness. Sometimes I overestimate that my teammates would watch the cake, so I would rush another team, and make a rotation around the map to all the teams instead of heading back to base. Sometimes, the last team always eats my cake because my teammates aren't watching and are instead, sitting on gen trying to get diamond armor xd.

All in all, never expect that your teammates will help or defend the cake XD. Sometimes, its important to consider than some people are PE players. Thanks for this relatable post xD.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  15. Micro is exactly like this. I just wonder if my teammate has 30 FOV cuz some ppl run right past them and they dont see them and they just watch me die. Fun game

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    Floowsr likes this.
  16. I'm not saying that I don't/shouldn't have to protect my cake, I'm just saying, people shouldn't rush straight to the middle first,

Make sure your cake is protected first then make a bridge that's 3-4 blocks high, that way the other teams won't be able to easily use it

OP OP
    Floowsr likes this.
  17. If you're having problems with bad teammates I would recommend building a party of friends or people you know are experienced in the game and then join a Cake Wars game, so you won't have random or possibly bad teammates. Everyone plays the game differently and I don't think someone building to the middle straight away doesn't mean they are "bad." It's a valid game strategy and just because their strategy might be different to yours doesn't make them bad at the game. However, there are a lot of new players that play Cake Wars everyday that are quote on quote "bad" at the game but at the end of the day everyone has to start from somewhere. I hope this helped you out :)

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    FiveCPS, Wolfhawk33 and _Prof_ like this.
  18. If you wait that long the team that did rush will have both their cake defended and their entire team at mid with iron swords for two minimum

Posted Sep 15, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  19. If you go to the middle too quickly, then the other teams will have a bridge to your base

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2019
  20. I can say I have experienced this quite a few times. I don't really mind tbh because all players are at a different experience and skill level, but one thing that gets on my nerves a bit is when teammates put nether stars in their ender chest, so then I cant use those to upgrade.

Posted Sep 15, 2019