• 1026 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9464 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cakewars needs trios!

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Swifx, Jul 7, 2019.

1. I love this idea! I play cake wars with friends and sometimes we have to play with a random in squads! Which sometimes gets frustrating.

Posted Aug 9, 2019
  2. Hey!
    I am not the biggest Cake Wars player but recently I've been playing a bit of Duo and 4v4v4v4. I must admit it would be great to see the implementation of teams of 3. The only issue I see with implementing this is that it may not be that popular considering the server already has two versions of Cake Wars.

If there were people who played it, it would mean that the other two existing versions would not be as popular and then the games may not start. I like the idea, but I also think it might not benefit the server enough. It all depends on the popularity of it. Either way, I do like this idea if it were to work! :)

Posted Aug 9, 2019
  3. Hello, I do find the idea of Trios Cake Wars a very interesting idea and would be very for it but the only issue I personally see with it would be Solo cake wars which is much more desired. Solo seems like it would be a better fit addition especially since it would take less players to play the game mode which would compensate for the amount of players playing cake wars! Over all I think it is a great idea but would prefer solos before trios.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  4. Solos and trios should be added, I agree.

+1

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    rexh17 and NothinButNetYT like this.
  5. I think trios is a good idea, and I personally play with 3 players in a party, but I don't think we should divide the Cake Wars playerbase any more atm.

Posted Aug 27, 2019
  6. If the developers add Trios before Solos I think i am going to cry

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    Mr_CLICKS, rexh17 and pzazz like this.
  7. Sounds like a great idea!

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  8. The problem is with adding new gamemodes is that mineplex isn't popular enough anymore so games will take longer to fill up. It's not that bad playing with 1 random anyway so just deal with it.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  9. It is clear that many servers have solo/trio Cake Wars. The issue with introducing it onto Mineplex is the number of players that will be searching for each game of CW would be split in half.

By this I mean: usually, in CW there are 150/250 playing at a time (sometimes more, sometimes less).

If 175 people are playing standard cake wars and 75 people are playing duos - introducing two more options such as solo and trios will divide the searches up even more. This will lead to longer search times and people having to play the same opponents again and again as there will be fewer people on each mode.

For example, instead of it being 175 players playing standard cake wars, and 75 on duos. It could be

Standard 4s: 125 players Trios: 50 players Duos 50 players Solo: 25 players

Meaning there will be fewer people in each mode - leading to complaints of longer waiting times!

Any questions, feel free to ask :)

Please like the comment if you agree with this!

Posted Aug 28, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 28, 2019
    sesses and dallarth like this.
  10. I think this is a good idea but as mentioned above, the wait times for all playlists would increase due to the split in numbers. If the player-base ever sky rocketed I think only then may this be added.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.
  11. I can't give an opinion on Cake Wars for java but being an avid CW player on Bedrock, more times than not you will find yourself on a team with only 3. Often i'm with a group of 2 friends and myself and we have never had a match where our 4th player has held us back. Teaming with good friends in CW is a huge advantage due to working effectively together so adding a 4th to the mix can't hurt. If anything i would love to see a Solo mode, that would be a much more drastic change and i think something players have requested a lot more.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  12. Herro!

I agree with the points that Tripsy brought up above, adding another game type would divide the playerbase even more, and wouldn't really bring anything new to the game in my opinion. Ideas such as this one have been denied in the past because they aren't needed really. The idea is nice in theory, but I think in practice it just doesn't make sense to implement.

Sorry, but -1 from me due to it being unnecessary.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  13. I would be happy to play with you

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  14. I would love Trios. What a great idea!!

Posted Sep 4, 2019
  15. Hey!

I like the concept of adding trios to Cake Wars, and it has some pros and some cons like every other suggestion. I would like to see trios added, and I see no problem with that. But when adding trios, longer waiting time should be expected. As someone has said above, it's completely unnecessary. But if enough people want it, I think it should be added.

So a +1 from me.

Kind Regards,
    sesses

Posted Sep 4, 2019
  16. Hey there!
    This is definitely a very well thought of idea and definitely spikes up some questions I'm sure everyone has about Cake Wars. As I'm sure many players are familiar with, solo Cake Wars is not an option (at least anytime soon) so it's unlikely that any additional gamemodes are going to be added to compliment Cake Wars. Although your idea definitely introduces a new way to approach Cake Wars, I have to begin by saying that I'm not too sure where I stand on this and I guess reading by comment will give you a sense of where I'm leaning towards.

Cake Wars, as I've said across many other Cake Wars suggestion threads, is by far one of the most popular game choices here on Mineplex. I feel as though adding a new gamemode to Cake Wars would definitely seperate the player base a little. I'd imagine most solo-queuing players wouldn't find many squads (this includes mostly new players) and trios would most likely dominate the Cake Wars system. Squads looking for Cake Wars would lose interest eventually I'd imagine if most players tend to lean toward the trio system.

I think your idea definitely has a very interesting twist to the game and honestly I wouldn't mind seeing this added. It depends on how this could impact player divison really so this could potentially become some sort of unique event? I'd love to see some trio Cake Wars event maybe but otherwise I'd hold off a little from a trio Cake Wars game until later. [​IMG]

Posted Sep 4, 2019
    sesses likes this.
  17. Great idea, would love to see it, although it would divide the Cake Wars community massively, finding games in current modes such as multi, and duo, would love to play trios with friends but think it would lead to matchmaking issues / having problems finding games.

Posted Sep 4, 2019
  18. Helooo Mineplexians, Saturn here!

Trios, hmm. Well, I have to say that this would be a definitely different form of play, and would be fun and all, but the thing is, we have 2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2s and 4x4x4x4s, so why trios? It wouls be kinda awkward trying to find games as @3Clicks said, and the idea is the same as Duos, but with an annoying third wheel friend.

Just my thoughts,

Saturn

Posted Sep 5, 2019
  19. Hey man i totally agree you should check this out.

https://www.mineplex.com/threads/replace-duos-with-solo-cakewars.68945/

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    Reks Nz likes this.