• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5145 Players Online
  • 2255 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cakewars Knitted Wool

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Talahai, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Hello everyone! I hope all of you had an amazing day so far! I don't know if this is an outdated discussion, but I want to bring up the Pros and Cons of Knitted Wool! Please enjoy my thread!

Pros:
    -Knitted Wool is a very good tactical strategy in order to rush teams quickly. It can intimidate opposing teams because of how fast you can rush them. Honestly, the knitted wool is very useful for other teams to gain advantages over others. It can be very useful to play games fast paced. It could also be a fun challenge since other teams could tryhard against you with the knitted-wool.
    - It provides safety while bridging. While speed bridging, a lot of players fall in the void because of bridging mistakes. However, they can always use knitted-wool to lay out safety for them and their teammates.
    -Also, lets say that an opponent has frost or archer kit. They can potentially hit you off the bridge. Instead of instantly dying from being knocked off the bridge, you can always put knitted wool on the bridges and secure your safety.

Cons:
    - Some people say that knitted wool makes the game too easy and isn't a challenge winning Cakewars. I would agree and disagree with this statement. Even though it could be easy rushing teams and not provide a challenge for some players, it would be a thriller when you can face an opponent on your level.

That's all I have to say about knitted wool. Do you have any opinions on it? Leave it in the replies below! I appreciate your time to look over this! Have a nice day y'all!

-Talahai

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  2. It is not just good for rushing, but also good for running away. Sometimes you might hit a dead end. You can use the item to finish the bridge while running. You might get sandwiched between two enemy teams' bases and decide to make a bridge that loops around or goes to the center island.
    Another use I've seen is for repairing your cake defense. You are able to click on a block behind the cake and place blocks all around the cake. This can let you very quickly repair your defense without having to get into pvp range of the attacker to fix it.

Posted Aug 4, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 4, 2020
    Paladise, JAKE///, Loptan and 8 others like this.
  3. That is a very good observation I forgot to include! Thank you for saying this :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 4, 2020
  4. no

Posted Aug 8, 2020
  5. I agree that sometimes the knitted wool can make the game too easy. Its funny I didn't even realize it was called knitted wool, I've just been calling them platforms! I think that this comes back to a conversation about ranked cake wars. To my knowledge there hasn't been much ranked play in Mineplex history, the stats sort of speak for themselves. Often times I see new players get stair-cased on with knitted wool/platforms and often times do it to them myself! I once realized that they kind of remind me of building in Fortnite. Do you have any opinions on ranked play? It could make the knitted wool dynamic a bit more interesting...

Follow my profile to keep up with my postings on the fourms!
    -- Purpleblock :mineplex:

Posted Aug 9, 2020
  6. Yes! I totally agree with you on your reply. Ranked play I would think should be considered a thing because of how many skilled players there are in the game. It would be interesting to see tryhards against tryhards, as I don't see this enough (Only in CWCL I can hear tryhards are facing each other, but I never see the games). Also, there should be different skill levels of Cakewars depending on your Cakewars stats. For example, if someone has less then 100 wins, they should be up against people with less then 100 wins as well. I'm sorry if I didn't make my opinion clear enough. I'm saying that each player should be against other people based on their skill level. That's my opinion on ranked Cakewars! Thank you for your time reading this! Have a nice day!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 9, 2020