• 828 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2912 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

CakeWars Kit Tweaks

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Kristo, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Hello everyone, After playing over 2000 games of CakeWars I can confidently say that these tweaks could really help the aspect of CakeWars. I believe these tweaks could help balance out all the kits instead of having almost every player being a Builder or a Frosting.

Builder Kit:
    - Builder Kit should spawn with 8 blocks
    (This would allow players to get going immediately instead of waiting to get their first few blocks)

Archer Kit:
    - Archer Kit should spawn with a bow
    (This would make more players pick archer to counter the builder kit)

Frosting Kit:
    - Frosting Kit gets no tweaks

Warrior Kit:
    - Warrior Kit should spawn with a stone sword
    (This would allow warriors to have a bit more power in early game fights when competing with frostings)

Please leave feedback and feel free to disagree with me because I could potentially be wrong about these tweaks helping the aspect of CakeWars.
    Thank you!

Posted Nov 10, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_, GAM and mab8400 like this.
  2. Agreed, but this will not be implemented because no action gets taken lol. Maybe nerf Frosting a lil bit as well.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  3. These changes would be useful so +1.

Only problem... Nothing will happen XD the devs don't update or tweak the games much anymore. I do hope this gets added though!

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  4. I totally agree with this change. Currently, it is very hard to get going as a Builder in the beginning of a game because of how few blocks there are, so I often find myself, when playing Builder, waiting for a few bricks to be able to purchase more wool so that I can actually make it to the beacons.

I disagree here. The bow at the beginning of a game can make all the difference. Giving them a bow and arrows at the beginning, in my opinion, is way too overpowered since it would allow them to get kills almost guaranteed when people are bridging off, rather than making them purchase a bow. Perhaps this could be changed to where an Archer could purchase a bow once throughout the game and whenever they respawn, they would be given a bow instead of purchasing it again.

Again, I disagree with this. Currently, frosting is too powerful, in my opinion, and needs some serious nerfs. Changing it to be that it has now slowness, or severely reducing the time of slowness, would make it a lot more comparable to other kits like builder and Archer.

I totally agree here. There really is no benefit to playing with Fighter, especially in 1v1s, since, mainly at the beginning, there is no real reason to chose that kit over one that will provide many benefits like Frosting or Builder. I think that changing this would make them slightly more powerful, but also still killable by all of the other kits, too.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  5. Heyo!

If you're interested on the balancing aspect of Cake Wars, I would recommend reading over the Public Cake Wars GI document, as it contains a lot of balances within it and is always a good reference when it comes to making changes to games. I'll leave that HERE.

As for your alterations, I am not fully onboard with them and will go over what I personally think about them. For Builder, 8 blocks is way too much, and means you can get to middle under 5 seconds depending on what map you are on. Games would end way too fast, and you would get blocks too fast after respawning as well. The only thing I really could see happening are time changes and possibly the addition of Deploy Walls, but even then that is pushing it. With nerfs and buffs to other kits, I think this should stay as is.

I disagree with the spawning in with a bow fight, as this would make it very difficult for players to actually bridge anywhere (especially since arrows also break the wool blocks). Within the document mentioned early, there is a proposal to make it so once you purchase a bow (not from a cake island), then you will keep it for the rest of the game, which is the approach I would take upon the kit as well. If anything else were to be added if this kit still was very underpowered, either stronger arrows (like Zombies in SSM), or a barrage effect (like Turf Wars shredder and plenty other kits) would possibly work well.

Frosting kit is not good where it is at in my opinion. With the removal of slowness as said in the document earlier, I think the kit will become a lot more balanced. It will essentially be like a rod, which I enjoy a lot more than over what it is right now.

For Warrior, giving them a stone sword is definitely not the approach I would take. I enjoyed how the old Warrior was set up, so anything pertaining to reverting back to this system even in the slightest is what I would be fond of, instead of another unnecessary weapon.

For what is already mentioned in the document, I'm going to leave these changes at a -1 for now. I enjoy what has been put kitchen wise within this document, although there could be a little bit more as well. Interesting proposals though, have a nice day!

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  6. I'd be fine with all the changes, apart from the archer one. It would be quite hard for players to bridge with archers constantly shooting them off at the beginning of the game. I'm pretty sure it was removed in the past from archer kit (Unsure though), due to the fact everyone disliked being shot off at the start of games.

Warrior kit tweak would be nice, considering the healing factor doesn't always work (May have a cooldown unsure). So a stone sword would be really useful when spawning, although I've never seen a stone sword in cakewars and doubt they'll add this feature.

Got some good ideas, I just don't see some of them being added. So I'm neutral on this one, apart from the archery change.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  7. If Builder kit got 8 blocks on spawn it wouldn't make games end "way too fast" considering if a bow is added to Archer kit then Builders could be countered if a good bow player is in your game.
    Adding a bow on spawn for Archer would make it harder to bridge and that's the whole point. It would make it more difficult for Builders which would slow games down. The Builder kit is equipped with deploy platforms which can create a good platform to where you won't find it difficult to bridge if you are using your platforms wisely. A bow won't knock you so far back to where you fall off of your deploy platform if you aren't by an edge.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 10, 2019
  8. Everything you said here is on bedrock currently crazy enough except for the warrior change.

On Bedrock Currently the kits are

Warrior: For every kill player recieves strength I for 3 seconds along with regeneration II for 2 seconds. This is very useful and is the free kit and imo the best kit for my playstyle cause its easy to team wipe

Builder: Instead of getting wool and deploy platforms the player spawns with 16 Pieces of Clay and instantly gains an advantage at the start gives them enough to cover their cake to prevent quick rushes and enough blocks leftover to go get a emerald or middle point. I believe they get a piece of clay every 3 seconds after that aswell

Archer: Unlike Java here on Bedrock the archer spawns with a bow making it super efficient to use and not a waste of time like Java. (:

Warrior and Archer they should change on java to match bedrock

Posted Nov 10, 2019
    scarlet ♥ likes this.
  9. I agree with this it would be nice to see this in java.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  10. Ok I think this is for Java, correct me if I’m wrong. I agree all of them so I’ll be giving this idea a +1! Hopefully this will bring more players to Mineplex!

Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  11. I would like to see this alteration take affect in the Java edition of Mineplex. I agree with all of these; therefore, I'm going to give this idea a +1.

IDEA RESPONSE
    +1

Posted Nov 11, 2019