• 809 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3388 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cakewars ideas/fixes

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by ThanoMarbel, Nov 25, 2019.

1. These are just some things I would add to cakewars, nothing that chages the game drastically tho. Btw maybe these are already in the game but are just not working due to the new update.

Team Colors- I usually play cake wars with friends of mine who know what to do and how to play well, but whenever we join a game we are never on the same team color, and usually we have to spam and click the team color we want to be on. Most times we get on the same team without trouble, but on certain occasions we have to leave the game and redo this over and over, and eventually when we get on the same color, we dont have enough time to choose our packs (another problem as well as they reset every game). For convenience it should be that if you are in a team together, you should be on the same team color. This could be done where the team leader chooses the color and it makes everyone on your party be that color.

Spectating- the person who kills you, is the person you spectate for the respawn duration. 3rd person for a more smoother view and so you dont get confused.

Leaderbroads- when in a lobby to your front you see the amplifier, and to the left you see the packs, and to the right there is team colors, perhaps in the empty space there is "statues" of the daily, weekly, and monthly winners of cake wars, something to for the people who love to play cakewars and want some recognition.

Shop Setup- add a way for us to change what we want to see show up ontop of the shopmarket, a more easier way of gathering your items, i find it frustrating having to scroll down all the way everytime i need to get wool, epearl, arrows, and tnt pollys. Other games do this very well with buying a pack or the shop not resetting all the way up, so hopefully you guys can do something like this or add something to make this easier for us players.

Endgame- the worse feeling you can get when your about to finish the game is it ending without notice.
    There are plenty of ways of fixing this, such as a timer, the islands blowing up, enderdragon, or just simply a deathmatch.

Last of all reporting players, something that we cant do in a middle of a game, the most easiest way of doing this is being able to report the player who just killed you.

These are just some ideas i had, not the best or orignal, but its just something that could make the game more enjoyable.

Posted Nov 25, 2019
    Outplqy3d and txmman2oo5 like this.
  2. Edit: Someone pointed out to me that the OP is talking about Bedrock, not Java, so this post won't be relevant. I'm keeping it up so all the messages that quoted this make sense.
    Nice ideas, but I've a few things to add:

Team colours:
    They already work like this, it's just that if there is more than one team that picks the same colour, then there are 5 people who want to be on that team, but the team can only have 4. All the times your team was split, this was why.

Leaderboard:
    There is this exact leaderboard somewhere in the Cake Wars lobby, but they could move it to make it easier to see.

Reporting:
    The command /report is given to Legend+, but rarely a staff member is online to check it - they're people too, and people need sleep! You can report on the forums here: https://www.mineplex.com/reports
    You won't be able to submit a proper report in-game with a new command - proper reports take time and video proof, neither of which you can provide in a game.

Posted Nov 25, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 26, 2019
    txmman2oo5 likes this.
  3. He means bedrock

Posted Nov 25, 2019
    Starx280, CupAWup, Outplqy3d and 2 others like this.
  4. I like how these guys are too lazy to look at which forum so they assume xD

Posted Nov 25, 2019
  5. Hey, it was a mistake after a really long and tiring day, I'm sorry but you don't have to call me lazy for it. It hurts

Posted Nov 26, 2019
  6. Team Colors - Yeah, I've experienced that during my games with my friends haha. It would be really nice to have it look for a lobby where all of the members of your party could be on the same team. (Or evenly split depending on the size of your party and the lobby perhaps) A temporary solution before the Bedrock team changes this is to wait until after a game is over. Usually, nobody sticks around after the end of the game which leaves you plenty of space for whatever team you and your friends want to join.

Leaderboards - Absolutely! I feel this is a great idea, seeing as it is already implemented on the Java Edition, I don't see any reason why not to add it to the Bedrock Edition. I'm unfamiliar with how it works on the Java Edition, but would the leaderboard just count who has the most wins? Kills? Or just how well they contributed to their team?

Endgame - Something I've noticed during my games, is that sometimes users just hide, leaving Cake Wars to timeout. Similarly to your idea, what if islands started to crumble apart like in Micro Battles? It wouldn't crumble the entire island but, rather it would destroy unnecessary components to the island. (e.g. destroying roofs and walls)

Overall, I think your suggestions sound pretty good.

Posted Dec 1, 2019
  7. Team Colors: When you say on a "team together," I'll assume that you mean that you are all in a party together. I believe that this is something we already plan on doing for our Bedrock servers similar to how it is on Java. It can be frustrating that you can't work with your team in a game since that usually allows for better overall communication and a higher chance at winning.

Spectating: Hmm, I don't think that adding this in would hurt, but I'm not inertly sure how possible it is. If you're in a fight and suddenly, all of the sudden, change point of views and don't have control of what's happening, its pretty likely that you're just spectating for until you respawn.

Leaderboards: Without a doubt I'd like to see this on Bedrock. We already have them for Java, so why not Bedrock? It would allow for some more friendly competition between players and could be that final push for players to keep on grinding since many don't go to the forums.

Shop Setup: I'm not entirely sure how possible this would be again. If there was a way to make it so that your most recent purchase pops up on top, I'd be all for that. However, if it involves rearranging your entire shop, I'm a little less keen on that since it's the same for everyone now and changing that would change how equal it is in a sense.

End Game: I can understand how frustrating this can be. Players can simply do nothing the entire time and still make it to the end so you end up not being able to win. I like the suggestion where it slowly starts to to end with blocks falling down, which will force players to the middle to fight or stay and die.

Overall, I think that some of these suggestions bring up some pretty strong points. Others, however, could be stronger or just use some more further developed feedback :)

Posted Dec 2, 2019