• 259 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1378 Players Online
  • 1119 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned [CakeWars] Cakes

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by JediJoJo, Dec 2, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New Idea:

Cosmetic Cake
    Durability on Cakes

Description:
    Cosmetic Cakes -
    This one is pretty self-explanatory:

Custom Cake Eating Particles (When eating a cake, the particles could be chosen)
    The color of your cake (Don't know how compatible will be without a custom texture pack)
    Cake Effects (Particles around your cake)

These will be enabled from the Hub and are won from Chests and/or exclusive to specific ranks. (No advantage, all cosmetic)

Durability Cakes - Basically, increases the number of bites it takes to eat an entire cake and includes effects that occur after eating an entire cake

Requires at least 50 Cakewars wins: Upgrade Cakes Menu. 100,000 Gems to add an extra bite to your cake, then 200,000 Gems and so on. Max is 5 extra bites

This is an in-game purchase: Ability to add range effects on cakes. (Being within 5 blocks of a cake gives you slowness for 2 Seconds for 20 Emeralds)

This is an in-game purchase: Ability to add effects after eating an entire cake for 20 Emeralds (Slowness or Poison for 5 Seconds)

Posted Dec 2, 2018
  2. I don't really mind this being added, it wouldn't make much of a difference anyways.

I don't quite understand how this will pan out for a team. Is it just for 1 game or all games? I also think you should decrease the amount of gems it costs because just 1 extra bite for 100000 gems isn't worth the purchase, especially when they increase. Does the cost double or does the recursive pattern start at 100000 and then add 100000 each time?

Posted Dec 2, 2018
  3. The cake durability applies for ALL games, it's a permanent perk/ability that is unlocked after you get 50 wins. 100,000 Gems is not a lot for a getting an extra bite on your cake permanently. If really, the minimum it should be is 75,000 Gems and increment by 25k each level up. (Max 5 bites)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 2, 2018
  4. A) 100k actually is much
    B) Idek how easy and if at all is possible to code more bites
    C) yes, give experienced players big advantege since not like they already have it

For the cosmetics part, sure.

Posted Dec 2, 2018
  5. I'm cool with the cosmetics, but I don't like the idea of paying for an advantage (at least more so than kits already do).

Posted Dec 3, 2018
    Saknoel likes this.
  6. Cosmetics are fine, I guess, although it would be weird to have cosmetics for a single game mode that are found in a regular chest. MS and HoG have their own chests for their own cosmetics so players who don't play those games don't find those items in their monthly/level rewards. I don't think adding a chest for CW would do any good either, though. Pretty neutral on this.

I don't like the idea of being able to buy extra cake bites. Depending on who is in the lobby, it would either make no difference, or it would give experienced players an advantage over new players. I don't think this type of upgrade would be beneficial to have. Also, if everyone on your team has the bites upgrade maxed out, would it stack? So, like, in duos you could have ten extra bites?

The cake effects suggestion is unique. The first one would be good if it was also paired with a warning that appeared on your screen, similar to the text that appears once your cake is eaten, that said something like "Your cake is being eaten!". I know there are audio cues, but sometimes I don't hear them because I'm in a call or have the volume down.

Would this happen to the player eating the cake? And would they have to eat the whole cake, or a majority of it? How about others who took a bite? This is a bit confusing, haha.

Posted Dec 3, 2018
    soulhardy and DanielW231 like this.
  7. The idea of custom cake eating particles sound really good to me since almost every particle is customizable it would be fun to see also custom cake particles. Great idea. Now the extra Durability of a cake seems a bit too good since one team could just have a player that instantly buffs the cake like 2-5 bites. To me it brings an unfair advantage as an achievment upgradeable thing. There could be a possible upgrade in-game to upgrade the cake for nether stars though since it would count as a team upgrade.

Posted Dec 3, 2018
  8. Yo,

For cake particles, these are fine I guess. It’d be an interesting concept I guess but it would have to look fairly good for it to be wanted.

For your cake durability idea, hard no. This is extremely unfair lol. For someone just starting out, having the normal amount of bites required, they’re gonna see how these people that have already played have perks that make it near impossible to eat their cake. It’d essentially turn the game into a play-to-win game. It should have an equal chance for everyone when they start.

Posted Dec 3, 2018
  9. Thanks for all the replies and comments!

After thinking it over, I did a quick revamp of my idea:

The cosmetics thing stays the same. For @Dva , I don't get your point. It can just be in a mythical chest. No need for a separate chest

As for the durability, seeing how the wins do seem unfair, how is this instead:
    - 15 Nether Stars = 1 Extra Bite
    - 25 Nether Stars = 2 Extra Bites
    - 35 Nether Stars = 3 Extra Bites (Max)

- 10 Nether Stars = Gives the person who ate the entire cake slowness and blindness for 2.5 Seconds
    - 15 Nether Stars = Gives the person who ate the entire cake slowness and blindness for 4.5 Seconds
    - 20 Nether Stars = Gives the person who ate the entire cake slowness and blindness for 6.5 Seconds (Max)

- 15 Nether Stars = Gives all enemies within 3 blocks of the cake mining fatigue for 1.5 Seconds
    - 25 Nether Stars = Gives all enemies within 3 blocks of the cake mining fatigue for 2.5 Seconds (Max)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2018
    OP susi and DietSnowLOL like this.
  10. heyo!
    In your original post for cosmetic cakes, you said that these particles would show up when a person was eating a cake. If you meant that the way I think you did, then it'd be easy to see if someone was eating your cake. The particles should be visible if the person is eating a cake or not. I wouldn't mind the cosmetic cake being added, although the particles would have to be small.
    Regarding durability cakes, I completely disagree as cake wars is a game where no matter the players, each team starts off with an equal amount. One shouldn't be able to simply buy more slices on a cake, or do anything to change the amount of slices on a cake.
    I partially agree on cosmetic cakes, but I completely disagree with durability cakes.
    Have a great day!

Posted Dec 3, 2018
  11. Hey there! I think the idea of custom cake eating particles is really cool, though I'm not sure about purchasing extra cake bites. The issue with buying the cake bites in the lobby with gems is that I could really only see it working in the entirely hypothetical situation of Cake Wars Solo mode. If only one player in a fours game has the extra bites, for example, everyone on the team would benefit from one player's success. It makes carrying way easier, in my opinion, so I'm not too sure if I would be on board with that. In-game, it's a different story. I think the idea of purchasing the bites with nether stars is a pretty cool idea, as well as what you said about the traps. I'm a big supporter of adding more traps to the game, as we've been stuck with the same two for a while.

Posted Dec 3, 2018
  12. Let's not add more extremely useless cosmetics that dilute the loot pool. What's the point in making something nobody sees for 99% of the game interesting looking anyway? And how would you decide whose cosmetic would apply?

Posted Dec 3, 2018
  13. Heya!
    So I’ve gone through your suggestions, and personally I don’t really see any of them really needed or worth the addition to the game, and here’s why.

Particles are a great concept, but let’s be real: they can make games way laggier than they already can be. Adding particles could be an interesting addition aesthetically, but it would have also negative consequences.
    1. It would make the cake location extremely clear in cases where it isn’t (for example when there are lots of blocks around the cake, people sometimes struggle to find it, especially if the disposition is uneven).
    2. It could cause lag spikes depending on how many particles we have in the game (just imagine a full duos lobby with 8 cake particles, eating particles, people using their own particles... that’s just too much).
    3. Cake eating particles.. I mean, only the person eating the cake is going to see them, or a few people that are paying attention to it, but they would go unseen in most cases.

As for the addition to cake bits, I’m strongly against this idea, mainly because you’d make the game a “play to win” instead of having equal opportunities for everyone, which is exactly what the game is. There’s no advantage for people with more wins other than a better knowledge of the game mechanics. Adding this would just make 4 stacks win over and over, while new players can basically say bye to wins. That’s just something that wouldn’t be looked well upon for majority of players with lower levels or simply less experience on the server/game, and they have every right to do so.

So, I will have to sadly say -1 for both ideas, as the server wouldn’t benefit from neither of those.

Posted Dec 8, 2018
    JediJoJo likes this.
  14. I like everything except the durability cakes. It would give pro players an advantage that would make it even harder for newer players to win. Also, does the whole team need to buy it to add bites to your cake, or will your cake just have the number of bites of the person who has bought the most? I like the particle ideas though.

Posted Dec 8, 2018
    JediJoJo likes this.
  15. I'll be denying this idea due to there being no plans of game-related cosmetics. There are currently no plans to have game particles for each game. That being said I will be denying this idea, however, if you have any questions, please message me.

Posted May 15, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.