• 1678 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4257 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cakewars but ..... WITHOUT BLOCKS??!?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'YouTube Video Showcase' started by Dwasserd, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Be sure to like and subscribe to support us in our attempts to create more ORIGINAL AND FUN CONTENT :D

Posted Nov 8, 2019
  2. Heyo!

This is definitely an interesting challenge you've done here, a lot harder than the no emerald challenge I tried with Nick a few days ago. I enjoyed the commentary between you and your friend, it was very funny to listen to. The audio was good, and your video quality was decent, though during certain fights the frames seemed to have dropped a little bit. While the video is a little bit long, it still is an alright length, and kept me watching till the end. Maybe next time you guys can attempt to play duos as well, just to make it even more challenging.

Some suggestions I have would be maybe putting some music over the video? It doesn't have to be loud or anything, it just helps the dry or silent parts within the video, and it's nice to be able to listen through throughout the thing. Maybe trying to include some more editing as well, although I did catch some sneaky zoom-ins and things like that, so kudos to you. Also just trying to fix the frame rate that occurred during the fights would be nice as well, but overall it wasn't too bad at all (and since you realized it during the video, I assume you know about this). On a side note, my favorite part of the video was when you tried to bow yourself to the cake island since you couldn't place blocks. This was very clever and I probably would have just jumped and failed, but it's the thought that counts haha.

Overall, this is a great video! I really enjoyed the commentary and stuck till the end, and I hope to see more content by you soon as well. It's nice to see some players creating content for the community, maybe for the next video you can do something like the pacifist challenge (no attacking people) or something along those lines. Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 8, 2019
    • Warned for Inappropriate Posts/threads.
    DWASSERD: NO BLOX CHALLENGE
    MULTIPLICATIVE: -snip-

Posted Nov 9, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Nov 9, 2019
  3. Hey dude, I appreciate the love man :) and yeah those frames are an issue. Of course it's fun to record some parts and let people KNOW ABOUT MY STRUGGLES IN GAME - But I need to find a way to fix it. I am still very much a noob at editing and always looking for small techniques (like the zoom-ins) to give an overall improvement to the video. And this is the first video where I did in fact edit a song in. It was a test trial to see if I could do it without making things go wrong or something. AND I liked the result and am definitely gonna browse for songs that match the vibe I'm trying to recreate. And about the video length - I'm confident that once I improve my editing in all those aspects longer videos will be fun to watch as well.

ALSO I really like that idea of not attacking people - We could explore various ways of making this a challenge and I will try and look into this :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 9, 2019
    TooMuchXMas4You likes this.