• 348 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7346 Players Online
  • 6998 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bedrock Cake Wars Update (7/4/21)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by gyroninja, Jul 4, 2021.

1. [​IMG]

Today the Bedrock server turns 5 years old. To celebrate this milestone, GI and I are introducing a big Cake Wars update along with the return of Bomb Lobbers. Additionally, double XP has been temporarily turned on and the treasure hunt in the lobby has now been changed to be Cake Wars themed.

Birthday Event

• Enabled double XP
    • Added Cake Wars themed treasure hunt to lobby
    Bomb Lobbers
    • Added Bomb Lobbers to Classics NPC
    Cake Wars
    General Changes

• Improved the wording and coloring of various messages
    • Added messages warning when cake rot will occur
    • Added sound when capturing points
    • Added message in chat when points are being captured
    • Improved the names of emerald points to specify what team color they are near
    • Changed noise when your cake is eaten to the wither death sound
    • Added noise when someone takes a bite of your cake
    • Added a hologram above the resource generator which lists how much of each material is waiting
    • Changed tall grass and flowers to be able to be broken
    • Changed Deploy Platform to be able to overwrite tall grass and flowers
    • Added HP display under each player's username
    • Changed indicator in the action bar for displaying whether or not a team's cake has been eaten
    • Changed the team player count in the action bar to represent the current players who have not yet been eliminated as opposed to simply being alive
    Gameplay Changes
    • Reduced capture time to 4 seconds
    • Increased the capture radius by 1 block
    • Locked other teams chests until their cake is eaten
    • When all members of a team die, the contents of their ender chests are placed in shulkers at the team spawn
    • Upon killing a player their resources will be transferred to your inventory (unless they have a Rune of Holding)
    • If a player disconnects, the resources in their inventory will be dropped at their team's generator
    Shop Changes
    • Decreased the price of arrows from 12 bricks to 9 bricks
    • Increased the price of obsidian from 8 emeralds to 10 emeralds
    • Decreased the price of Polly The Sheep from 10 emeralds to 8 emeralds
    • Added Tracking Compass for 10 emeralds
    • Decreased the price of TNT Trap from 15 emeralds to 10 emeralds
    • Increased the price of power to 8 emeralds for the first level and 12 emeralds for the second level
    • Added healing station powerup which gives regeneration around your cake. The second level increases its range
    Kit Changes
    • Removed clay generation from Builder
    • Added wool generation to Builder
    • Added Deploy Platform generation to Builder
    • Removed the regeneration on a kill from Warrior
    • Increased the duration of strength from 1 second to 3 seconds for Warrior
    • Added perk of 1.5 hearts gained on kill to Warrior
    • Increased the maximum amount of generated arrows from 2 arrows to 4 arrows
    • Added penetration perk which allows you to destroy wool blocks with fully charged arrows
    Cake Islands Changes
    • Added noise when a Cake Island spawns
    • Changed Cake Islands to randomly spawn with either 1 or 2 items
    • Changed ender pearls that spawn in Cake Islands to have a random quantity between 1 and 3
    • Added efficiency 3 to the golden pickaxe that can spawn in Cake Islands
    • Changed nether stars that spawn in Cake Islands to have a random quantity between 3 and 5
    • Added feather falling 3 diamond boots to the loot pool for Cake Islands
    • Added Polly The Sheep to the loot pool for Cake Islands
    • Changed the infinity bow that spawns in Cake Islands to only have 50 durability
    • Added diamond helmets, diamond chestplates, and diamonds boots to the loot pool for Cake Islands

Posted Jul 4, 2021,
    Last edited Jul 4, 2021
  2. Happy 5th Birthday MP Bedrock!

Posted Jul 4, 2021
  3. Wooo, Cake Wars update! Thanks to GI team for planning that one and happy birthday Bedrock server!

Posted Jul 4, 2021
    SmokeyCobYT and AbleToStrafe like this.
  4. An update yesssss! Happy 5th birthday to bedrock! Been here for over 3 and a half years. Hoping we get updates for other games too :D

Posted Jul 4, 2021
  5. The update looks brilliant! Congrats to everyone who worked on it. Can't wait to get on and play.

Posted Jul 4, 2021
  6. Great update, gyro!

Posted Jul 4, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Aug 1, 2021
  7. Wooo! I loved testing this update - there are so many new changes, especially QOL, that I love. It's unfortunate that the Sweet Tooth kit didn't make the cut, but I'm super content with the update overall. I feel as if CW on Bedrock now looks way more polished than in the beginning. :)

It felt so nice having my little notes appreciated and applied as well to make the update better. Gyro is truly carrying. Thank you to all of GI, the rest of QA/T and anybody else that helped make this happen!

Posted Jul 4, 2021
  8. Epic. when will it actually be out tho? like ready to play. i wanna play bomb lobbers.

Posted Jul 4, 2021
    AbleToStrafe likes this.
  9. Bomb lobbers is out right now! It's in the classics games section so I feel like its going to be a permanent gamemode!!!!

Posted Jul 4, 2021
  10. Wooo happy birthday Bedrock! The timing of this update is spot on. I haven't played Cake Wars on Bedrock in a while but I've been keeping up with all the changes and suggestions that Bedrock GI have been putting forward, so it's great to see them finally become reality! CW seems a lot more consistent now and I'm sure this update will make for better gameplay and enjoyment overall.

Thank you and well done to gyro, Bedrock GI, and all those who may have had a role in producing or testing this update. Enjoy everyone, guaranteed I'll be hopping on Bedrock to try it out :)

Posted Jul 4, 2021
    SmokeyCobYT, AbleToStrafe and Amg like this.
  11. its epic I just played a few games.

general q but is kb changed? will it be changed? i cant with this current kb...

Posted Jul 4, 2021
  12. Woohoo! Happy b'day Bedrock Edition. Definitely an exciting update! Thanks to all those who assisted c:

Posted Jul 4, 2021,
    Last edited Jul 4, 2021
  13. Happy 5th birthday to Bedrock! This is amazing, I loved Bomb Lobbers and it's nice to see it return. The Cake Wars update is something everyone's been wanting. The double XP is a nice little bonus. We all knew that a big update would come soon, and this is fantastic! Thanks to Gyro and Game Insights for planning this wonderful update, I'm so excited!

Posted Jul 4, 2021
    SmokeyCobYT, AbleToStrafe and Amg like this.
  14. :bedrock::mineplex:
    Happy 5th Birthday to the Bedrock Platform! I’m so happy to be apart of the Platform as a Community Member and Staff Member. <3
    This update is really epic, and I know it’s been something a lot of players have been waiting for. I cannot express how EXCITED I am to see this QOL update for Bedrock! I cannot wait to play both Bomb Lobbers and the new Cake Wars Update. I would certainly agree with Mae, CakeWars is definitely more polished than it ever has been on the Bedrock Platform, and I am just so thankful to everyone who worked on this update. Not to mention, the double XP is like the sprinkles on top of the cake! Again, huge thank you to the Development Team and GI Team for working on this update, and I think I know what I’ll be doing today.

Posted Jul 4, 2021
  15. Yay!
    1: we got an update!
    2: it made clear wars even better!
    3: double xp!
    4: bomb lobbers was added back!
    (Does that mean oitq will be returning?)

Posted Jul 4, 2021
    AbleToStrafe likes this.
  16. Happy birthday to Bedrock! This update is super exciting, I know during the Christmas event I thoroughly enjoyed playing Bomb Lobbers when it made its return then and I'm super excited that it's back permanently. It's a super fun game mode to play, and I can't wait to play it once I hop on.

Although I don't play Cake Wars too often, I'm still excited to see all of the changes to the game with this update. Personally, my favorite change has to be the addition of HP above player's heads as I know a lot of the time when I'm fighting someone it's hard to tell if they're low or not but this will be extremely useful for that. Overall though, I'm extremely excited about this update and can't wait to hop on and experience everything new as well as get some Double XP!

Posted Jul 4, 2021
  17. Yay! Thanks for everything you do gyro and everyone who helped with this update! You guys are actually amazing :))

Posted Jul 4, 2021
    moppy and Mothy like this.
  18. ayo bedrock tingz

Posted Jul 4, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  19. Ayyy, another fantastic update from gyro and the gi team! Glad to see this update out, many players will enjoy it. Keep up the great work.

Posted Jul 4, 2021
  20. The time has finally come! Cake Wars desperately needed an update and it finally got it! Great update but I was hoping we would get new maps with it or even Solo Cake Wars LTM. Double XP though, its awesome. I guess the maps were not ready for launch and would come at a later date?

Posted Jul 4, 2021