• 1599 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10037 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cake Wars Teams

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by AsianDynasty699, Aug 31, 2019.

?

Should this be added so people can join same team as friends in cakewars?

1. would be very nice!

8 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. Not at all

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Greetings!

I just wanted to address an idea maybe that may be best instead of the default auto queuing we currently have as of now for cake wars (bedrock edition). As of now, upon joining a cake wars game, you are automatically placed on a team when you joined the match wait lobby. My suggestion is that we remove that, and allow players to queue for their teams of choosing, so friends and family etc can join the same team or whatever team they choose instead of the auto queueing. and once the match is about 5-10 seconds until starting, anyone who hasn't already queued will be placed on a team not full yet. Currently, the team choosing hardly ever works, but does still hardly function, because teams are normally already full because of this current auto queuing, but adding the auto team at the end for players who are teamless will be way better for team choosing.

Ex. My little cousins and brothers join party -----> party leader joins Cakewars game ----> everyone in party joins the same game ----> each individual player joins a team themselves by sheep ------> as time gets to about 10seconds, hitting sheep will be disabled or all players who aren't on a team will be placed randomly on team that isn't full -----> match starts and everyone is happy!

I'm telling you Mineplex, if you fix your party system in general, I'm sure people will return back to this server instead of having to play on a server with actually has a working party system for bedwars type game like *cough cough -snip- cough

**But if you can't fix it as other servers got it where people automatically join their party team, adjust it to how I suggested, it'll make a good enough difference for sure.

please leave a comment and like, and tell me what yall think, and thank you so much for viewing my thread! Have a wonderful day you!

Posted Aug 31, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Sep 1, 2019
    Poal and NothinButNetYT like this.
  2. Personally I don't really play bedrock and I'm actually a Java player. This sounds like a pretty good idea though. The opportunity to choose which team you join would be pretty cool. It would be pretty hard getting into the teams that you want with your friends though as others will also be competing with you, Good idea.

Posted Aug 31, 2019
    Poal and AsianDynasty699 like this.
  3. I think that rather than changing the functioning of the game waiting lobby, investing time in correcting the party system function would be a better route. The lack of parties correctly working affects every game on the server when you're wanting to play with friends or family. We could solve the Cake Wars issue, but we could also solve the overall issue that is the party system bugs. If we were to invest developer time (which we will SoonTM) I would rather it be in party functioning overall.

I do apologize for the fact that it is currently difficult to play with the people you would like to. I would hope and assume this is a priority that will be fixed in the near future.

Posted Sep 1, 2019
    AsianDynasty699 likes this.
  4. I agree with Dul that the party system just needs to be fixed to put party members on the same team. We used to use a similar system to this suggestion on the Java server before parties were set to put you on the same team. You would join the lobby and then just /team (username) whoever you wanted to be on a team with and it would put you on a random . If it wasn't possible to fix the party system for some reason, that maybe could be a good idea for Bedrock as well. However, I believe it would be more ideal to just fix the party system and make it work the way that it does for the Java server.

Posted Sep 2, 2019
    AsianDynasty699 likes this.
  5. I agree!

I play on bedrock edition and so does my friend who plays on xbox, and we can never seem to play and get on the same team on cakewars

Posted Sep 11, 2019 at 7:46 AM