• 389 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4762 Players Online
  • 4373 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

cake wars suggestions-

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Eggblack, Jun 25, 2020.

1. First off, I would love it if they made a cake wars solos. It is a great Idea in my opinion as I dont always have friends that play java as much as me lol because they have a life. When I get put with either no teamate or a team mate that doesnt communicate, it makes it difficult for me to win/complete the challenges.

The next suggestion is I think that it would be a good idea, if mineplex made a matchmaking for similar leveled players. Making it more fair and easier to gain experience rather than getting easily destroyed by level 100 parties. This leads my onto my third point: Players in partys should only get matched with other players in parties. A lot of the time, when going into a cake wars game, there are partied players who are all ranked and have high levels. They end up destroying the whole lobby as no one else is in a party, unable to communicate. By making a matchmaking system, only putting partied players into lobbies with partied players, it would make the game more enjoyable to play and a lot more fair.

The final suggestion I have is, please can the achievement kit be nerfed. This kit is too overpowered as when aproaching a player with the kit, they can easily win fights by firing the snowball and then swinging easily, getting loads of combos. I would suggest maybe a longer cool down?

Thanks for reading.

Posted Jun 25, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 25, 2020
  2. To the first suggestion, yea we all feel the same way, and this has been highly requested. I personally would also really like a solos, although there is a bit of a dilemma as to whether they should replace duos with solos or just add solos. if they replace duos, it would be unfair to those who play a lot of duos, but if they add it without removing anything it might stretch the player base a bit.

To the second one, no??? First of all, frosting is IMO balanced, and according to lots not even the best kit, second to builder. The problem that you mentioned, which is that it helps you get combos, is literally it's intended purpose. Also, it's already recently received a HUGE nerf in the Easter weekend update. Before that frosting balls literally gave you slowness.

Posted Jun 25, 2020
    okDamien likes this.
  3. I understand your point however, i just feel its too unfair and annoying. By increasing the cooldown time or maybe the amount of snowballs they can cap at would perhaps be more fun. When Im fighting someone halfway across a bridge, they have only 1 snowball left, they fire it and it doesnt do much. However, they then suddenly get another one in the blink of an eye.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 25, 2020
  4. Greetings, mate.

I've read your thread and you put forth solid as well as reasonable suggestions that could be taken into consideration by the Mineplex Staff Team. Nonetheless, there is both the checks and balances of your particular ideas and/or suggestions.

Firstly, let me start this out by stating that @Giantbluefish puts forth an excellent point that; "
    That statement is completely correct as various suggestions similair or the same as yours have been rejected in the past and will continue to be rejected for countless reasons.
    If were looking towards a realistic perspective, the first suggestion will be denied for numerous reasons; the Mineplex Staff Team and various other personnel in the Team have decided that adding Cake Wars Solos will be ultimately denied. Personally, I would like to see this idea in place, however; I do not control nor drive decisions for the Mineplex Staff Team.

Furthermore, the matchmaking idea seems professional and rather likeable. I for one upvote this suggestion of matchmaking as it could be unfair to newer players to verse highly experienced Cake Wars players. Nonetheless, I'm positive that Mineplex has implemented a matchmaking ability that may be minor yet beneficial towards new players. When currently writing this; I have changed my opinion to neutral for this current idea.

Lastly, the suggestion to nerf the Achievement Kit in Cakewars has been highly suggested by various players in the community yet there is different reactions to this specific kit. Personally, I do not believe the kit is overpowered, various players have been working their way up and achieving this Cakewars Kit, therefore, it's becoming much more common. I could see a minor nerf in the future, however; I'm decently sure they have implemented various nerfs in the past that we may or may not know about. Therefore, I downvote this idea yet acknowledge it.

Overall, you bring solid points and I'm excited to see other responses especially from the Staff Team.

~ ATruePitato

Posted Jun 25, 2020
  5. Thanks for the feedback, I my self have not got the achievement kid yet, it's taking so long as I havent got a whole squad to communicate with in 4's in order to get the challenge of breaking everyones cake.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 25, 2020
  6. Hey!

I would love to see CW solos but to my knowledge, there aren't any plans of it coming out. I'm fine if it replaces duos to be honest and it would be better because a lot of people might want to play by themselves or not have anybody to play with (which it would be best to ask around lobbies if that is the case!). And like you said, it might be easier for some people to complete missions/achievements.

If Mineplex can even make a matchmaking system like that, then I'm fine with it. It can get annoying when a team of amazing CW players join your lobby and destroy you immediately! Being paired with others that are at your skill level would be nice and make gameplay more fun and chill. For your last suggestion, I don't think it should be nerfed. It already got nerfed a while ago and the point of the kit is to have snowballs to your advantage. The snowball kit has really good positives as it is an achievement kit and completing every achievement for a game is pretty nice. As long as you fine a way to avoid getting hit multiple times with this or find a way to go against it, you should be fine!

Anyways, I like the ideas you said but there are some problems with them unfortunately. But thanks for the ideas!

Posted Jun 25, 2020
    0775 likes this.
  7. As for cakewars solo, I won't exactly be full-on commenting on this since it'll just be the same as the other replies. I like the idea, however, I don't know if it'll ever be added. I like the points you made about it.

Though paring up high levels sounds very logical and simple, I feel like it's not a good idea. Just because a player is a high level, it doesn't automatically make them good at cakewars. There are a lot of other players who play non-PVP related games to get their level and maybe just want to play some cakewars with a few friends. It wouldn't make sense to put them up against other, well known, and experienced players all because they're simply a high level. You also have to keep in mind, there are very good lower levels out there. I see a ton of level 30-50 players who are a lot better than me and a lot of high leveled friends I have. I don't think this will work out in the way you imagine it would.

Splitting players simply based on whether they're in a party or not is unnecessary in my opinion. I think games would be harder to fill without parties because not a ton of people queue solo. Often times, there are at least 2-3 parties who join, which is all you would need to start a game.

As for nerfing frosting (again), I don't really think it's the best idea either. It's a very long process to get and I think players who earn it, deserve it. As you should know, since you're currently on the path of earning it, it's not easy. It definitely takes time. The slowness was very OP, it got nerfed though. Snowballs are just like rods now, it's not that bad in my opinion.

Posted Jun 25, 2020
  8. There was already a poll for CW Solo on the discord, I'm not aware of how that is currently going, but it did win that poll. I'm not part of ideas, so realistically, I don't know what exactly has gone on, however I'd assume the poll winning meant that this was the plan for CW?

Posted Jun 25, 2020
  9. I will be the odd one out of the herd that believes duos is better than solos game play wise. In solos, you must focus on offense and defense simultaneously. There will be just beacon and cake trading which makes the game boring. No parity is involved to give one team the advantage or lead. When teamwork is involved, the game opens up.

For duos, you only need to find one other player to party wit and then you are set. Join communities primarily geared towards partying and playing games like CakeWarzone, DaTeamz, TeamRequest, etc.

This will make pub CW more competitive which would drain the community. CWCL (Cake Wars Competitive League) is the place for that matchmaking system where players who take the game seriously battle others who do as well. Pub CW is mainly meant for a casual atmosphere where people play for pleasure.

Additionally, this will make queuing slower because there are more conditions for the system to take into account. It will also need to consider how many players are in a party which can also affect their chances at victory. There are also not always parties pub stomping in CW, so that destroys the aspect of teamwork if you are forced to disband the party just to find a game.

If you have not noticed already, frosting used to be significantly more unbalanced with the slowness. Even then it can be countered with block placing. Due to Mineplex knock back, the snowballs pretty much immobilize you, just sitting waiting to get critted out. Now that the slowness to removed, it actually requires skill to utilize. If you know how to rod, is still effective, but getting hit will not be as brutal compared to before.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Jun 25, 2020