• 765 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3344 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Cake wars suggestion?:

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Shanndon01, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Hello! I'd first like to start off by saying these are just a few of my personal suggestions that i'd like to see added back into the game. I think it added quite the experience for not only I, but for other mineplex players as well! Just a side note these is bedrock edition.

1.) Kit upgrades in cake wars again, it allowed players to actually grind for something. I run into bedrock hackers all the time on cake-wars, and it's a tad bit unfair since you took out the armor upgrades etc. Back when it was enabled you was actually able to withstand hackers, due to you spawning in with diamond armor. I understand on why it was taken out, but if the player grind for the item upgrades, I personally don't see an issue with it?

Hopefully this will get some support! I'm new to the threads so! Hey :P

Posted Jan 5, 2020
    xGetRektedx and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  2. Kit upgrades with full diamond is the equivalent of players spawning in full diamond for themselves. Any casual player cant enjoy the game. If theres a hacker u can findgame or if you're not lazy then u can report them

Posted Jan 5, 2020
  3. In my opinion I feel like diamond armor is too much for a kit upgrade but something less op sounds like a good idea.

Posted Jan 5, 2020
    LitL LunarVoice likes this.
  4. I obviously don't play on Bedrock, but I don't believe that Mineplex should run updates based on what would counter hackers. I believe that Mineplex should run updates based on the meta/community desire rather than because a few select people have been beaten by hackers. I don't currently know much about kit upgrades on bedrock, but reading the post makes me believe that you want to bring the kit upgrades back because of hackers and not because it is in the best interest of the community.

Posted Jan 5, 2020
  5. Hello!

Alright, so my decision may be a little biased, since I had full diamond on every kit, but still. I think it was quite aggravating when they took away kits, as I spent a long time getting full diamond on each one. It seemed a bit unfair when they took them away, as many people did spend a lot of time getting it. I completely disagree with the idea that it was unfair, as we earned full diamond ourselves, and other people can as well. Plus, players have to learn to deal with a challenge once and awhile. Do they expect every win to be handed to them? I don’t think so. Anyway, I like the idea of kits coming back, as I spent a long time getting full diamond on every kit. +1 for me.

~LT

Posted Jan 5, 2020
    xGetRektedx and Shanndon01 like this.
  6. Maybe add some sort of upgrade system back, but not all the way to full diamond. Although I had full diamond armor on every kit before the kit upgrades were removed, I think that it is a little overpowered. That being said, however, a lot of people (including me) have worked for it and it is unfair that we were not given compensation for it. If an armor kit upgrade system were to be readded (I don't think it's likely), the armor should only go to full iron. This makes it more fair to the community because full iron armor can easily be purchased from the brick shop without having to capture any points.

What would be even more fairer than that, is if only sword upgrades were possible. The sword upgrades would either go to iron or diamond, and this kit should be an achievement kit that people would need to work for. Not only does that aspect of it decrease how common it is, but it also motivates people to play the game more. This is not as op as armor upgrades and players without the kit would still have a pretty high chance of winning against those with it.

-Dan

Posted Jan 5, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 5, 2020
  7. This was the same point I made when I ranted about them removing kits 2 years ago but now I have a different opinion and accept that yes it was unfair to the noobs who are new to the game having to go against a pro who spawns with full diamond gear. That right there is just too OP and unbalanced but yes it was frustrating that all our hard work was erased. I proposed maybe we got some some of reward when kits were removed so that it wouldn’t feel like a waste of hard work but we never got anything. The past is the past so rn we can think about what will be great for now.
    -1 for bringing back kits

Here are my cakewars update ideas

*Add Death Match Compass
    (so people cannot stall and hide the entire game)
    *Fix Plenty O’ Fish Map Glitch thats been around for a year
    (Teams Red and Green can’t cover their cake)
    *Add Map Voting System so we know what map we are playing
    (some of us don’t like bucolic bedrock map)
    *Fix Inconsistency in knockback
    *Party system needs to be 100% fixed
    *Add Frosting Achievement Kit
    *Add Kill Count Leaders at the end of the game
    Ex: 1st Leader: NothinButNet36 (9)
    2nd Leader: Strafed303 (5)
    3rd Leader: Outplqy3d (4)
    I will add more

Posted Jan 5, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 5, 2020
  8. Yeah! I agree completely. I think Diamond armor was quite unfair, but it gave a grinding purpose on the game. Right now it's legit the same thing, over, and over. There is no true 'goal' to the game, other than trying to win? It gets kind of boring after a few games. At least with kits, or upgrades you have something to actually work for. Maybe not add diamond gear, or maybe not even gear at all? It could be perks, or other upgrade-able rewards. Such as an extra egg hit point or something. This post was just to hopefully spark a little attention on the subject.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 5, 2020
    SirSyrup7 and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  9. Hackers was just one of the many countless reasoning's why I believe they should be added back, but at the end of the day it's all opinion based. I loved the 'grinding' aspect of the game, it gives a purpose other than 'protecting your cake, and winning the game' It allows players to actually look forward to playing. I'm sorry if you mis understood my original post, but adding it in would also help balance out hackers, because it gives the players that grind a chance, instead of us all to spawn in and instantly die. Yet again, I understand where everyone comes from. Diamond gear off jump street is fairly OP, so, if it is added in, it's staffs job to make it all balanced and enjoyable. Regardless, I'm still playing. Just a suggestion tho. :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 5, 2020
  10. Hello, there!
    My opinion might be a little biased, since I worked very hard for full diamond on every kit, before they took it away. I think that Mineplex should bring back kits, as @DanTrains222 stated, since there was so much complaints about diamond armor being unfair, maybe make this new kit more fair. I have to agree with what @NothinButNetYT said as well. I think there should be a compass so we can see if there are any campers in the game, and we can rush easily. There has been an issue with the Plenty O’ Fish Bedrock map, and I suggest fixing that. I definitely think map voting should be added, so we can vote for the map we like best, instead of being stuck in a map we might not find convenient, and it would be nice to know what map we are playing in. The knock back is a huge issue in Bedrock, sometimes when you shoot players, they take no knock back at all, and that is very frustrating. Other times, you take so much knockback that you go flying 6 blocks off into the void. Overall, the knock back needs a lot of improvement, but I do not know if there is much Mineplex can do about it. I also agree that there should be a kill-count at the end of the game, so players can get some credit for the amount of final kills they get. Along with this, every kill in the game should be announced, not just final kills. The only thing I have to disagree with is the Frosting Kit. I do not play Java that much, but I do know what the Frosting Kit is, and I do not see a need for it on Bedrock. All and all, I think there is some moderations that can be made to CakeWars and I look forward to seeing some updates in the future!
    +1
    - xGetRekted

Posted Jan 5, 2020
    SirSyrup7 and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  11. or just add froster and fix kb

Posted Jan 5, 2020
    NothinButNet likes this.
  12. Hello,
    I like the thread idea in terms of incentives for grinding or progression in CakeWars however as others have stated i think something like diamond kits wouldn't/haven't really benefited the community well. Although it's a matter of opinion i do feel like our new and casual based players who are the largest percent of the community would become discouraged by it, kind of like taxing the poor and feeding the rich so to speak. One of the main draws to a game like CakeWars is every player is different so not every match will be the same although the basis will always be fairly similar, i think most games in general have similar properties if you think about it.
    Some of our current progression incentives are leveling, leaderboards and just having fun while learning and growing which overall do benefit the community without having any real negative effects, i think potentially adding on to things like this would be a great idea but you have to weigh up the pro's and con's.
    There were a few other suggestions added which i think would overall benefit the game and community, the ones i agree with are:
    -Quoted-
    *Add Death Match Compass
    (so people cannot stall and hide the entire game)
    *Fix Plenty O’ Fish Map Glitch thats been around for a year
    (Teams Red and Green can’t cover their cake)
    *Add Map Voting System so we know what map we are playing
    (some of us don’t like bucolic bedrock map)
    *Fix Inconsistency in knockback
    *Party system needs to be 100% fixed

-Some type of compass either on screen or added after cakes are destroyed/halftime or even the ability to purchase one would help.
    -Not sure about map voting, can't hurt but i doubt it would get used that much, instead adjusting the bucolic map may be a lot easier and more manageable.
    -Can't comment on knockback as ive never had any.

-I disagree with the following as Frosting isn't really needed, may be a bit too op for Bedrock and kill counts could encourage spawn killing.

*Add Frosting Achievement Kit
    *Add Kill Count Leaders at the end of the game
    Ex: 1st Leader: NothinButNet36 (9)
    2nd Leader: Strafed303 (5)
    3rd Leader: Outplqy3d (4)

Over all good thread and nice to see people really enjoying the game and wanting to do more with it, awesome stuff.

Posted Jan 5, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 5, 2020
    Strafer303 and NothinButNet like this.