• 992 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6972 Players Online
  • 5980 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cake Wars Strategy

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by TechnoShield, May 6, 2021.

1. BEGINNING OF CAKE WARS
    From 0:00 to 1:00, the most important thing to get is an iron sword. Then, buy a stack of wool and if you can, get iron armor.

INTERMISSION 1
    From 1:00 to 5:00, start bridging to emerald points, then get control of mid. It is recommended to have a person or two sitting near the generator and guarding your base. You can now rush the other teams if their bridge is connected to the island that is connected to your base. Watch out for attackers near their bridge, try to knock them off at an angle. By now, you should have geared up on full iron.

INTERMISSION 2
    From 5:00 to 13:00, keep control of emerald points so other teams don't steal your emeralds. Then, once you get gapples, go to mid and take control.

MID OF GAME
    From 13:00 to 20:00, stock up on diamond gear, sharpness, and protection. DON'T BUY RESOURCES AT THIS POINT! Try rushing and eating enemy cakes, knocking them off the edge. It's a good idea to stock up on wool and some ender-pearls if you accidentally get knocked off the edge, or want to rush.

ENDGAME
    By now, people are in full diamond armor. Don't focus on hiding after cake rot. Try to make a two-block tower and jump behind it. Place a block, then sprint towards enemies to knock them off or bow them off one-block bridges. It's much easier to kill them by making them fall into the void than killing them in close combat. However, sometimes it is also easy to play melee / ranged close combat, and if you've got good aim and extra hits, you can be able to make kills.

RUSHING STRAT
    It is advised to keep a pearl at hand, to rush or to escape. One trick I learned is to have a "distraction": One person builds up into the air, start bridging to their base. It's going to get a lot of attention, so be careful of bows and try not to get knocked off. Other teammates can pearl to their base and eat their cake.

Most people try to kill the TNT sheep once it lands on their cake, so instead, you can build a tower, spawn a sheep next to you, wait for the last second, and knock the sheep onto the cake defense, allowing you to blow up a large portion of cake defenses.

NOTE: Don't use bows, they are ineffective in close combat and mid/emerald point defenses. Unless you've got a target on a one-block bridge.

TNT traps are also useful in exploding invaders off the edge, keep that in mind.

SPEND NETHER STARS WISELY
    If you are at the time from 0:00 to mid-game, try buying resources, then sharpness, then protection.
    In mid-game, don't even bother to buy resources, focus on attack, then defense.
    Endgame, you don't really need them unless you've got a power/punch bow.

USE ENDER CHESTS
    If you've got needless emeralds, bricks, or other items in your inventory, don't save them up until you die, put them in your ender-chest. That way, people can't loot your chest, as well as when you get killed, you can still get a head start.
    A rune of holding is only recommended for people wearing full enchanted diamond gear with a diamond sword and pick and other useful tools. (Ender-pearls, gapples, etc)

EASY WAYS TO DESTROY OTHERS
    Run in circles until you've got an edge, you are pointing towards them, and behind them is the void. Try to double attack them, sprinting as you attack, to knock them off. This is a good way to get a few extra hits on the player.

Watch your back! If you are bridging to an emerald point or middle point backward while shifting, be aware there might be adversaries behind you, ready to strike you into the void. The same applies to towering up. You can hit enemies using this same tactic.

1 ON 1 COMBAT
    Focus your camera on the player. Usually, players run in circles, trying not to get hit, while trying to hit you at the same time. You can pace left and right and fake left and rights, and also run in circles. Just position your camera so you can get extra hits on the player. Having better armor and sword is useful, too. Turning around when enemies least expect it is a good idea, although I've never tried it.

HAVE GOOD CONNECTION
    If you time-out or "jitter lag" (Meaning continued occurrences of other people not moving and only you being able to "move", then after a few seconds, you probably get knocked into the void), then restart the game. Connection is the biggest part of PvP.

HAVE GOOD COMMUNICATION
    You need to talk to your teammates about the plan, or else everyone will be independent and not work together. You can say: "#everyone let's rush somebody" or other things so that the team is strong. Breaking apart is okay, when one is rushing and the other is protecting their base.

Where I Got All This Info From:
    • My Brain
    • Technoblade's Video
    • Past Experience

Posted May 6, 2021
    510bike, Orangey, siee and 1 other person like this.
  2. Excellent guide :)
    fyi this should go under mineplex guides

Posted May 6, 2021
    mattnicholas9 likes this.
  3. This isn't a very good guide. This is due to several reasons - my games of cakewars don't make it pass intermission 1, because they are over in 3 minutes. We 2,2 rush the side cakes and finish off the last team within 3 minutes.

Posted May 6, 2021
  4. Ok, then just have 2 people protect the bed, gather material, buy armor and sword, then rush.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 6, 2021
  5. Thread Moved to Guides
    Just for future reference, all guide related threads can go in the guide section of our forums.
    Anyway overall it was a great guide! I like how you went in-depth into specific segments of the game, and the general tips were great as well. Thanks for sharing.

Posted May 6, 2021
    TechnoShield likes this.
  6. Maybe following the guide can be sped up a bit, and also remember to rush others when you can.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 6, 2021
  7. Hey good job, helpful for new players

Posted May 6, 2021
  8. If you've got a builder kit, protect the beds with 2 layers of concrete. Then start team-rushing. I hope you all know how to speed bridge.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 6, 2021
  9. Where's the guide section of the forums? I can't find it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 6, 2021
  10. https://www.mineplex.com/forums/mineplex-guides.52/

On our forums page under the section "Mineplex Chatter" there's a sub-section that says "Mineplex Guides"
    I moved the thread for you!
    [​IMG]

Posted May 6, 2021
    TechnoShield likes this.
  11. I hate when teammates use the enderchest constantly, many games have been lost because they sit on gen and put it all in their enderchest, then can't seem to read or write and die. No clue how they even feed themselves let alone log onto a server and queue a b̶e̶d̶ cakewars game.

Posted May 6, 2021