• 3339 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11777 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

cake wars standard guide

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by nouqt, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Hey everyone, I’m kind of bored sooooooo I decided to just type a guide up for my favorite game on Mineplex, Cake Wars. These strategies are the ones I use when I play Standard but I guess they could work for Duos too, just not as ideal.

Kit: Warrior

Get 6 bricks at start of game, buy 32 blocks of wool and rush mid (I know some players just buy 3 bricks worth of wool, that’s because they can make the 4 block jump and I don’t like risking it (:, besides if you can speed bridge with 32 blocks, 98% of the time you’ll always be the first one there) You want to be the first one there so speed bridge if you can. If you have another team mate you can coordinate with them so both of you can rush mid, one with iron sword to fight, one with blocks to build. The earlier you get to mid, the better chance you have to slow down others from getting to mid by building small walls.You’ll have a low ground advantage so when they jump/walk from their bridge to mid, you can knock them into the void. Meanwhile, your communicate with your team to get upgrades, I personally like it in this order: generator 1, protection, sharpness, etc (I also switch generator and protection if its a game where mid beacon is difficult to keep) In any case if another team does get to mid with another player, you probably want to just delay fighting a 2v1 till another team mate comes, or delay how long it takes others to capture the middle beacon so you can get that extra star or two in. All of this is done to ensure that you will capture mid so you can get those enchants ASAP. These enchants can literally decide the team who wins the game so it’s important to get them before others get them too.

^I’ve been doing this strategy a lot more now when there aren’t any parties of really good players together and usually end up winning. It is a fighting strategy so its not for everyone^

Kit: Builder

Get 3 bricks and buy 16 blocks of wool at start of game IF YOU’RE PLAYING BUILDER.
    Get 6 bricks and buy 32 blocks of wool at start of game IF YOU’RE PLAYING ANY OTHER KIT BESIDES BUILDER.

Then, rush outers.I usually go for the right side since its closest to the villager you get wool from. Place two platforms down, and use the blocks to build the rest of the way. Once I cap that side beacon, I head directly straight to the other beacon without going back on the generator UNLESS there’s another team going to the outer you just capped OR someone’s eating your cake. When both outers are capped, you can return to your generator and stack emeralds. What do I mean by this? Well, the generator gives every player a certain number of bricks, emeralds, and stars (if you have the beacons captured) and because of that, every player can drop the resources they collected from generator to one player. That’s how you stack stars and other resources. So ask your team mates for emeralds (if you’re playing with players you don’t know they probably won’t drop as they think you’re trying to steal them for yourself which is why this strategy is less effective if you aren’t playing with friends, etc.). In any case, you basically want to stack enough emeralds to get 5 blocks of obsidian (40 emerlads) to place on your cake that HOPEFULLY isn’t eaten by this time (probably won’t) haha. I’ve seen parties do this extremely fast and they get full obby (fully covered obsidian around the cake) within 5 minutes or so. Get traps on your cake and you’re basically set on defense for the game.

^Unlike the last strategy, you can actually play any kit you want for this strategy but I think builder kit suits it best if you want to do it faster and This strategy isn’t necessarily meant for fast, quick games, but it’ll give you a higher chance you won’t get cake rushed and eaten within first 5 minutes of the game.^

Kit: Builder

Grab 3 bricks and buy 16 block of wool. Do the same as the last strategy, rush one outer of your choice this time (I prefer going for the team that has less players if there is a difference). Cap the outer. Then start building to the other team’s base/cake. But before you do that, check to see if there’s endstone already on their cake. If there is, you have to turn back because you can’t just go with a sword and a few blocks. If there isn’t endstone, rush them and eat their cake. If you have time, buy an iron sword, a pickaxe and maybe some armor. Then run away to the next team to rush or fight the players at the base you’re currently at. The best thing about this strategy is that most players rush mid at start of game so they don’t even stop and realize that players are rushing their cake from outer which makes its easier to eat their cake without having to deal with the whole team. Plus, if you do this with an extra partner on your team or even two, you can eliminate a team or two within 5-8 minutes into the game. The only downside about this strategy is that your cake is left alone or with just a player or two so its sometimes like a “one-life game”. I used to play this strategy a lot and still do when I’m playing by myself since you can solo rush with this strategy. It doesn’t always work, especially if you’re up against parties but when it does, it’s funny to see players go like “WHAT, ALREADY?!” while their team mates were staring at me eat their cake without realizing I’m not on their team HAHA.

^This is the last common strategy I use and unlike the last strategy, it makes the game extremely fast to win but it’s also the most risky and probably hardest one.^

All of these strategies I listed are early game and don’t really go into detail towards mid/late- game because at that point, theres not really a strategy per say- but I’ll talk about what I do in those situations anyway.

If another team gets obsidian and has way more enchants than you:
    -> rush obsidian too no matter what you have unless you want to get rushed and lose your cake to them.
    -> rush together as a group rather than going solo to cap middle so you’re stronger together.
    ->once you got generator, sharpness 2, protection 2, and at least Haste 1, try and rush the other team’s cake with a diamond pick without getting noticed. At this time, you want to try and sneak their cake FIRST.
    ->if that doesnt work, rush as a team with equivalent or better armor than the opponents. ex: if the other team has all full diamond, don’t go in full iron (I think that’s logic) and bring endstone to cover yourself if you’re going to be the one mining the obsidian.

If it’s Cake Rot:
    Pearls, Gapples, Pearls! Pearls, Gapples, Pearls! Pearls, Gapples, Pearls! Haha. But yeah, thats basically the answer. Make sure you have a bow too in case you have to bow spam back. Don’t be afraid to pearl out of fights and run, that’s what I usually do during cake rot. I just keep running around the map until I can get 1v1s, not 4v4s or 1v3s where I get targeted first all the time :p Don’t over gapple and time your pearls (:

uH I’m not sure if I missed anything, if I did feel free to comment it down there. If yall got any questions you can dm me (:

CAKE CAKE CAKE :D
    ~nouqt//ailin

Posted Jul 31, 2019
    FruitVegetables, Qmin, Saker and 2 others like this.
  2. Hey there!

This is a really helpful guide to players just starting out and looking for game tips. The varied game styles you've described will help a lot of people.

Another tip I have is to utilise polly the sheep. Oh man, this item is so good! Want to break obsidian? Polly it! Someone skybasing? Polly it!

One last tip, teamwork! Some people don't get it's a team game. Communicating with your teammates, whether you're in a party or not is almost always essential. Of course, teamwork requires two or more people, and not everyone can work in a team, but usually new players can work as a team. Just don't demand they do something, ask them nicely. No one's going to listen to someone who's just bossing them around when they're trying to play for fun.

In all seriousness though, this thread is great for players and hopefully helps a lot of people and we can see more people playing cake wars.

~ Zom

Posted Jul 31, 2019
    skarm and nouqt like this.
  3. OMG YES. How did I forget polly the sheep ): Great useful item and I remember getting 6 pollys one time and just sitting there pollying the other team’s obsidian. It was hilarious. Definitely something you should always try to get that obsidian open!!!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 31, 2019
    Zomaholic likes this.
  4. I really like what's going on here. These are definitely strategies that I have used in the past and still use. These strategies will definitely help new players achieve greatness in the game! Nice work putting this all together.

Posted Jul 31, 2019
    nouqt likes this.
  5. Hey there!

I definitely believe that this guide is really helpful. The guides cover strategies using a couple of the kits quite nicely. I can't say I've used Warrior while playing Cake Wars but I have frequently used the Builder kit. Nowadays, I use Frosting a lot because it gives me a PVP advantage, which I know it's cheap to use the Frosting kit because it's kinda OP, but it has received many nerfs in the past.

Anyway, this guide really encapsulates great strategies and tips that will really help beginning players start in Cake Wars. It may also give some concurrent players some strategies to improve further.

Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

Posted Aug 1, 2019
    nouqt likes this.
  6. You should definitely try warrior a couple of times, its pretty op as well. I used to play builder all the time but recently changed it up a bit. Glad you liked the guide (:

yurrrrrrr,
    ~nouqt//ailin

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 1, 2019
  7. Heyyy

I really like the tips you gave in this guide I have used some of these strategies and they work great. I can’t wait to try out the ones I haven’t tried before. Also the section for cake rot is relatable and is almost always how it goes.

Good work!
    ~Jhazu

Posted Aug 1, 2019
    nouqt likes this.
  8. Hey!

Yeah, I will definitely use this as I just started playing Cake Wars and I’m kinda bad not gonna lie. I always rush obsidian since I personally think the cake is the most important thing you have to protect. But all the other tips I most definitely will consider when playing! +1

Posted Aug 6, 2019
    nouqt likes this.
  9. Hey,

for sure obsidian is important as you literally live on cake! its most definitely the defensive way and arguably easiest/simplest way to win a game. but, after a while it does get boring just buying obsidian and whatnot so you should try other ways (:
    + it’s more fun!

pce,
    ~nouqt//ailin

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 6, 2019
    Saker likes this.
  10. Hey, nice tips! I believe this guide would be very helpful to lots of players, if they are playing cake wars or are planning to play cakewars. Thanks for submitting this great guide! :D

Posted Aug 6, 2019
    nouqt likes this.
  11. totaly useful. thanks for making this!

Posted Aug 6, 2019
    nouqt likes this.

12. Hey bro! As Zomaholic said, teamwork is a very important fact in the game, and personally I think it's most important than any other thing, even PVP skills are less relevant that teamwork: This game is about pure strategy with your teammates, that's why you can kill a whole team in seconds If they are not organizated nor doing a good work together, therefore you got to plan moves together. There are players that likes to rush for their own without any help, and we all know that sometimes it doesn't work. 4 wooden swords are better than 1 diamond sword, always. I would like to add an advise for those guys who are entering this gamemode: There are people who spam snowballs (I'm one of them lol) or would try to suffocate you with platforms (the annoying builder kit haha), the only thing you have to do is to 1. In the case of snowballs, never run off because it gives you slowness for 2 seconds, there are not a lot of chances of escape and still survive. 2. When someone tries to suffocate you, just jump and hit 'em while you're inside the platform therefore try to break the block that's suffocating you and that's all.

Good job with that guide, buddy.

Posted Aug 6, 2019
    nouqt likes this.
  13. As a Cake Wars player, I definitely agree with these tips that you've given out.

However, I would clarify the usefulness of Cake Rot. Cake Rot is a useful time to come back against larger teams which is an important aspect. What I personally suggest doing is obviously buying Pearls & Gapples, but also a lot of blocks in which you can stop movement, fight around, or jump on another player. Isolation of every person and knocking them off the edge is especially important because taking too long will end with you being double, triple, quadruple teamed. This is for a 1v4 situation.

Regarding a team 4v4, I suggest sitting on the generator for the longest amount of time with both of the side beacons being captured and making sure not to leave the general area unless your team knows and can support at any moment. Being more geared is the most important aspect here, but it eventually goes into a 4v4 fight that can sway either direction. Having more Gapples especially will help out and could net you the win.

Overall, very good guide and I personally follow many of these (and I think I do alright in Cake Wars, haha) so if people follow them, they could win more often. Keep up the good work!

Posted Aug 6, 2019
    nouqt likes this.

14. Hey!

I have to say, I am quite impressed with this cake wars strategy guide, another one I recommend adding it to buy 32 blocks of wool and an iron sword, which will take approximately 20-30 seconds to obtain. This way you have the ability to head to another island and protect yourself without running out of blocks!

As for cake rot, make sure you have blocks and deploy platforms - been in a few situations where I had <32 blocks after the cake rotted... that wasn't the best. Having deploy platforms allows you to safely build across to places without having to crouch or risk getting hit off/down.

Really nice guide, thanks for sharing!

~ Wifi​

Posted Aug 16, 2019
    nouqt likes this.
  15. hey!
    This is a really helpful and detailed guide that is super good for beginners. This is also down to the spot (meaning that it has everything important without a bunch of other stuff) and isn’t loaded with useless details.
    Thank you for posting this!

Posted Aug 16, 2019
    nouqt likes this.