• 416 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5394 Players Online
  • 4978 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cake Wars spy kit idea!

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by BleachedOut, Jun 12, 2020.

?

Would this be a good idea?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. This idea for bed wars came to my mind when I saw that Immortals were able to change skins without logging out. My idea is that there should be a kit that will allow you to disguise as a enemy player until you get hit. I also think that it should cost around 10-15 emeralds. Let me know what you all think!

Posted Jun 12, 2020
  2. Hey there!

Although this is a very creative idea, I unfortunately have to disagree with it. I'm not too sure what you mean by disguise, but I'm guessing it would change the players name-tag and skin to match the enemy player. If the name-tag would not get changed, the ability would have no use due to the fact skins are barely visible while wearing full armor. If players were able to disguise as an enemy player and have their name-tag, they can easily walk up to their enemies cake, pretend to upgrade the defenses, but then mine it in a matter of seconds. I guess there could be solutions to make it more balanced, such as adding specific particle effects to disguised players, or adding traps to un-disguise them. Overall, it's just far too overpowered and would make the games far too easy and much quicker.

Posted Jun 12, 2020
  3. Hello there!

Don’t take ANY offense to this but I disagree. I disagree with this because I feel like this would be almost OP. An advantage in the game, it is a very creative thing but I don’t know if it would work. So with all of this my decision is a -1

Posted Jun 12, 2020
  4. The disguise would be taken off when hit

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 12, 2020
  5. 10-15 emeralds?! Did you mean 10k-15k gems? Well, it doesn't matter since 10k is too much and 10 gems is too low

Posted Jun 12, 2020
  6. For bedwars purchase..

OP OP
  7. I'm thinking of Hypixel xd

OP OP
  8. This is a very interesting idea. I kind of like the concept of being able to sneak up on player's cakes, I'm just not too sure on how the mechanics of this would work. If a player were to use this in-game, how would their IGN's be disguised? Would they take the same IGN as a player on another team? Would players have the opportunity to choose which team they want to disguise as? Like I mentioned, the concept of the idea is pretty cool in my opinion, but there are a couple of holes you left out when coming up with this.

If a player's IGN were to be switched with someone else's on the enemy team, I feel like it would be pretty obvious to tell there are 2 players with the same name on a team. But there aren't really any other options to mask a player like this without it being obvious they don't belong on the team. Also what kind of armor would the player receive? Because again, if a team doesn't have that many gems and you use this kit with full diamond armor, they will most likely notice you're the only player with that armor. You could make the argument to give the player leather armor so they match the team color, but I think that'd be a huge waste of gems spent obtaining your original armor.

If this were to be implemented, this would completely change the way many games are played and players would have to be constantly aware of who's around them. I'm not too sure this really belongs in the game, or what kind of impact it would leave on it. Also, you mentioned this should be a kit in the title, but the post implies that it would be purchasable for everyone in-game. You might want to clarify that part a little bit, but nevertheless, interesting idea.​

Posted Jun 12, 2020
  9. Thank you for posting your idea but I'm going to have to disagree. I think that it would be too overpowered and it could cause a lot of issues. Also, you said that it should be a kit, but then you said that it should cost 10-15 emeralds. If you meant for it to be purchasable in-game through the villager, I think that 10-15 emeralds is too low and should be more like 25 or 30 if it were to be implemented. In my opinion, adding a disguise in Cake Wars wouldn't be good for the game, as it would force players to pay more attention to the tab list and who their teammates are. Also, the player might not be able to see their nametag from a distance and assume it is their teammate since they are wearing the same colors. In addition, would the player who puts on the disguise get the armor of the player who they are disguising? If so, you said that the disguise would come off after they got hit so would the armor they had on previously before they disguised come back or would they be back in leather?
    Overall, I don't think that adding a disguise would be a good idea because of the reasons listed above. -1

Posted Jun 12, 2020
    xWand likes this.
  10. This really doesn't make any sense.
    My question was: Did you mean 10 or 10000 emeralds?
    Your answer: For purchase.

Posted Jun 12, 2020
  11. How would that work against a team that uses discord? They would immediately know without hitting you :/. I'll give this idea -0.5 because it's not a bad concept but in my opinion it couldn't work.

Posted Jun 12, 2020
  12. I voted no, but the idea has merit. Say there were particles above their head, or their name tag flickered, or as soon as they started mining a block, or even better as soon as they stepped on your island. It is a great idea with interesting outcomes but I feel it needs to be thought out more

Posted Jun 12, 2020