• 950 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3529 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Cake Wars Solos

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by DJ Slide, Dec 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cake Wars Solos would have 8 teams with one player on each team. Same basic concepts like regular Cake Wars and Cake Wars Duos.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  2. Hey,

I think this would be a nice idea but the main reason I'm against this is because it will split the Cake Wars community and make it even harder to start games. During the mornings here in the US, it's hard enough to get a game going. If players were now split between three versions of Cake Wars, it will only make it harder. If we had a bigger player base this would be a great idea but with it already being hard for games to start this seems like it won't work.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
  3. Alot of people want this sadly mineplex denies this idea since they believe this would split the player base.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
  4. I have heard it will split up the Cake Wars community by making it harder for games to start. My knowledge is limited on that argument so I will let others elaborate for me.

The solo version of Cake Wars promotes cake trading. If you go out to capture beacons, get kills, or eat cakes, then you are exposing your cake. Nobody will be there to defend the cake either since it is solos mode. This is merely a replication of Team Deathmatch but with a few respawns, assuming players are as hungry for cakes as they are in other modes. As a result, this defeats the mechanics of the game.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Dec 11, 2019
  5. Hello!

I've seen this idea couple times, and it gets denied quite frequently, the main reason being that it will effectively ruin the Cake Wars community by making games take longer to start and by spreading the community out too thin across too many games. However, I do see another issue with this idea. Cake Wars, in my opinion, is generally a more strategic game. You have to plan out the upgrades you buy, tools you buy, and different beacons you capture. Other similar game modes are more of a rush-and-hope-for-the-best type of game that seem to largely be more of a PvP challenge than it is a strategic one. My main concern with Cake Wars solos is that it will promote a game-play style that seems to go directly against the main scope of Cake Wars. Having a solos game-mode encourages more rushing and fast-paced game-play which I don't really think fits the general idea of Cake Wars. I also think that removing the team aspect of Cake Wars takes a big chunk out of the game and removes some of its originality in my opinion.

Ultimately, I don't think this idea should be implemented. -1

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    BreadIV likes this.
  6. Thread Moved to New Game Discussion

The idea has been suggested before and denied by Leadership several times. They claim that it would divide up the Community more than it already is with Duos and Standard. However, it isn't hard to see that adding in a third version of the game would cause longer waits for these games to start, which is not fun for anyone who is wants to be able to participate in them.

There was, however, a recent poll in the Community Insights Discord. Instead of adding this, it would replace Duos. It seemed to have done pretty well in favor of removing Duos for Solos, but there are not any promises for it being added. The issue of diving up the community does not apply here since it would replace something instead of adding it in addition to what we currently have.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Playing CW Solos would still need a lot of strategy with it. There's no arguing the playing Duos does not take any more or less than Standard, so the same logic can be given to Solos. Just because one person is alone does not mean that they cannot chose which beacons to get, which upgrades to purchase, etc. In my opinion, it's even more strategic since you do not have anyone else to rely on as its a Solo game.

I already see CW as this. Whenever I play a game of either Standard or Duos, I already see a lot of people rushing beacons and other teams, so I would say it is safe to assume that rushing is, in fact, part of the game. Yes, the strategy of rushing would need to be different in Solos, but it is not being introduced in a game where it does not have any of it, as both of the other versions including rushing.

Overall, if we were able to do it without dividing up the community, I'm all for it. +1

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    Im_Ken, Goudge ✦ and saltyfishhy like this.
  7. To clarify, like @_Prof_ said, it would create a lot of cake-swapping due to the lack of the teammate. This means that people would have to play more aggressively than usual and spend less time thinking about strategy and more time just killing as many people as they can in a short period of time. I think that part of the uniqueness of Cake Wars is that it takes a lot more consideration to play, and you can't go into it with the strategy of "kill as many people as you can and eat as many cakes as you can" and expect to win.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    BreadIV and _Prof_ like this.
  8. I do not necessarily see this happening just because one is alone. Players can go into regular CW with the mentality that they just need to eat as many cakes and kill as many players as possible in order to win; however, over time, as players continue to gain experience, they stop having that same strategy. Similarly with Solos, players would, once again over time, learn how the game works and what they need to do to succeed. It would not just be 100% killing players and eating cakes, as players would learn how they need to play the game to be the best that they can be at it.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  9. Won't happen. Something about splitting the playerbase up bs. Stop with the solo cakewars suggestions as until Mineplex's playerbase hits a concurrent 5000 we aren't seeing an additional mode to the server's most popular and best gamemode.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
  10. I don’t think should be implemented. I have never thought of cakewars being a solo game, it would divide the community up, as other people have stated. -1

Posted Dec 11, 2019
  11. How've you never thought of such a good implementation.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
  12. I do not think this is a good idea for a few reasons. One of them being that Cake Wars is generally meant to be a team game. Plus, it’s better when you have teammates to back you up or guard your cake when you aren’t at base. I could also see there being issues with people actually playing this, due to the fact that people love Cake Wars the way it is. Also, I think it would be unfair to the new players who aren’t the best at the game; they would be alone and therefore learn the hard way about the possible difficulty of the game. And as numerous people have previously stated: It would divide the community of Cake Wars. Overall, I can see some problems with this. (Keep in mind that I’m also posting this while I have a little bit of time; as I’m in the middle of a hockey game, but we have short breaks during each hour, so that’s why I have time to post this). I’d give this idea a -1.

Posted Dec 11, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 11, 2019
    saltyfishhy and xGetRektedx like this.
  13. Again? Come on! Give it up!

NO IT WILL NEVER BE ADDED!!!!!!!

This idea has been denied multiple times because it splits the cake wars community. Like @MerryNeverLie said, it won't be added until the player base reaches 5,000 because players would only want to do solo instead of teams if this were to be implemented. For now, my advice for everyone is to DROP THIS TOPIC AND MOVE ON!

Posted Dec 11, 2019
  14. Hey there!

This idea has been discussed numerous times. However, it has been denied a couple of times before. Implementing this game-mode would divide the player base. This idea could be a possibility in the future once we get a sustainably higher player count. For now, I'd have to deny this idea and lock the thread. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Thread Locked > Idea Not Planned

Posted Dec 12, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.