• 239 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2323 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Cake Wars Solos?

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by NewBook, Jan 5, 2019.

Tags:
?

Should there be Cake Wars Solos?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I suggest adding a solos Cake Wars mode because people who don't have friends online (like me most of the times) or none of their friends have Minecraft then they can play Cake Wars Solos meanwhile or some other gamemode.
    I made a poll so you can vote if you would want Cake Wars Solos or not.

Posted Jan 5, 2019
  2. In general, I just believe that you must have at least two players ( Play Duo Cake Wars ), one defending and one attacking for one example. With one player, you just cannot attack and defend at the same time which is something that would ruin the whole thing. Plus, if you do not have any friends online you could always play by yourself in normal Cake Wars ( 4v4v4v4 ). Overall, I do not see the point and reason behind having Solo Cake Wars.

Posted Jan 5, 2019
  3. I do feel that there should be cakewars solo as some players like to play independently. Good idea! I hope it gets processed :)

Posted Jan 5, 2019
  4. I have more chance to win alone in Cake Wars Standards than carrying 3 people, of course yes!

@Lesot
    Most time in duos game mode players just get basic protection to their cake and attack other teams / get beacons; basic techniques like traps and using f5 (third person) while playing or in bridge help players to pay attention to their cake, I usually kill myself every cake I eat whwn I'm playing alone so I can protect it from players that take the chance of an unprotected island to get my cake.

Posted Jan 5, 2019
  5. I'm split on the idea. I play without a party quite often, and as such I usually get hammered in duos or standard by those cwcl parties. However, I'm not sure that Mineplex/cakewars has the player base to split the game into three modes. In addition, since the game is all about capturing and holding points, I feel like ffa would be a little awkward, because you can't defend and capture/eat other cakes at the same time. If they did put this out though, I would definitely play it.

Posted Jan 5, 2019
  6. You basically play solo most of the time on Duo's anyways, amiright?

Posted Jan 5, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  7. I always do it or with a random (really bad) teammate, and I don't have problem to win alone, You do not have to be a god to beat a 2v1, game knowledge and know how to use everything around you will help you to win even versus a team of really good players. Tryhards aren't hard if you are one of them.

Posted Jan 5, 2019
  8. Thread Moved -> Game Alterations

Yo! I would sort of agree with you that CW Duos/Standards can be tricky when you've got no teammate - and I would agree that Solo would completely resolve this, however, this has been denied many times due to the fact that it would be a rather 'dead game mode'. We don't imagine many people would actually play this, and the majority of people don't really want this. It calls for a whole new rework of CW, which at this point I would assume is illogical, meaning we, unfortunately, won't be able to add this from what I've heard. Although, thanks for your suggestion :)​

Posted Jan 5, 2019
  9. Hey,
    On enjin I believe that this has been discussed various times. It was denied each time as well. I genuinely think that this would be a popular gamemode for a couple of weeks, but then it would just eventually cause a split in the community. Like @Oscaros_ said, it would require a rework of CW which isn't a good idea. I don't think this will be accepted based on previous discussions. Good luck on future suggestions.

Posted Jan 5, 2019
    PeytonSam likes this.
  10. Yo!

Adding Cake Wars Solo has been discussed many times and has always been denied. The reason for its denial is that adding more Cake Wars gamemodes would divide the community and cause most games to not start. We would rather not waste resources to fund servers that would become empty after two weeks of its release. If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns regarding your idea or my response to it, feel free to PM me or another member of Community Management.

Thread Locked - Idea Denied
    Idea was previously denied by LT

Posted Jan 10, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.