• 350 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4449 Players Online
  • 4099 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Cake Wars Solos

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by GAMES0N, Jun 2, 2020.

1. PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE add cakewars solos. I have no friends ):

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    ilyLegend, venez. and EoinSMC like this.
  2. Personally, I dislike the idea of adding in Cake Wars Solos. The heart of Cakewars is teamwork, whether it is multiple players both defending and attacking other people's cakes. In addition, the maps would have to be revamped to accommodate a solo gamemode. Furthermore, I believe it would reduce the amount of players in other games, making it harder for games to start. Although I understand that is frustrating play duos or standard with random teammates, and facing parties, I find it much more interesting to be able to play with different types of players.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    Johnny Welamton, 0775 and idcmax like this.
  3. There has been a lot of discussion regarding adding a solo version of Cake Wars. I'll leave a few threads with the same topic linked in a spoiler at the bottom. However, the general consensus with the idea is that adding a Cake Wars solo version would divide the community. A ton of people would move from playing standard Cake Wars to solo, and this could cause some issues. This would mean that it would be harder to get into a standard version of Cake Wars and play the game because of the decreased player count.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of adding a solo version to the game. In my opinion, Cake Wars is very team-oriented and playing the duo's version is already hard enough. If a solo mode of the game was added, you have to realize how hard it would be for the games to function. Capturing the gem beacons and middle would be extremely difficult because you'd have to leave your island, meaning your cake is completely unprotected. I feel like this could cause games to end a lot quicker than they should, and it just overall wouldn't be fun leaving your island with such a vulnerable cake.

On top of this, there is a spawn timer when a player dies with their cake still not eaten. If you were to be killed on your island, then you'd have to sit through that entire timer before you could respawn and defend your cake. Meaning your cake would be completely susceptible to being eaten while you are waiting for the spawn countdown to end. Of course, you could make the argument that it should be removed or shortened, but that would completely alter the way games are played. The spawn delay is crucial because it adds consequence towards dying mid-game, and by taking this away players would be able to run back to their cake quick enough to prevent anyone from mining it immediately after they died.

However, there has been some discussion about removing the duo's version of the game to replace it with a solo version. While this hasn't been confirmed, it is being considered. I suggest keeping an eye on the forums for any updates regarding Cake Wars and maybe we could see this added in the future. With enough support like yours, I wouldn't say it's impossible. However, that's just my opinion on the subject.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    0775 likes this.
  4. Im on a team solo half the time and i win a lot against teams of two. Honestly it would work and it would be different then standard and duos, but thats what will make it fun. And capturing beacons wouldn't be impossible, because many times people wouldn't rush you, and if they you just take them out of the game then go for the beacons. It would be somewhat similar to duos, but the differences are what make it interesting and the ability to play by yourself would make it popular to all the people who are not always in parties. Also since they would probably use duos maps, the game would be 8 player so it would be shorter games and would probably be shorter queues than duos.Though i hope they dont take duos out because i have put so much time into it, but i would love to play solo and it would work and be enjoyable for many people.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  5. How many threads does it take before people finally realizes there is about an equal amount of people that want and doesn't want cake wars solo.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  6. I didn't say it would be impossible, just fairly difficult. Managing to protect your cake, get armor, capture beacons, and eliminate other players by yourself would be pretty challenging. I'm sure there are a ton of players who would enjoy to see a game mode like this added, but I'm just not a huge fan of it. If they were to add a mode like this, they would most likely create entirely new maps that are capable of supporting 16 players instead of reusing the duo's maps.

Also, I'm sure that the queues would be much shorter than duos for this game. However, I was talking about the queues for standard 4v4v4v4 Cake Wars. There are a lot of people that enjoy playing the standard mode, and by adding a solo mode into the game could cause complications with the queue for standard games. A lot of players would play the solo mode, which would make it harder to find games playing standard with the decreased player count.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  7. yes i agree im a 170 star bedwars player that mained solo and it would be cool if i could rail people without being teamed on. also disallow cross teaming cuz thats dumb af

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  8. Nah ... I personally think duos is enough :/

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  9. i personaly disagree

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  10. Alright, that's fair. Everyone has their opinions.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  11. It would just use the duos maps..

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    aeriql likes this.
  12. i think that in duos there is some one player teams

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    Degagelemming95 likes this.
  13. I think Cake Wars Solo would make the game almost to challenging. You have no help what so ever form any teammate. This would be very challenging since you would have to destroy another person’s cake and protect yours and kill other players all by yourself. I think there’s no real point having Cake Wars Solo.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  14. Thats me literally every game im not in a party for duos.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  15. yep

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  16. Thread Moved to New Game Discussion

Hi there!

I'm not going to make a long post on this simply because there are many more posts out there about adding this game and I've left my opinion on all of those.

I am down for adding Cakewars solo, I think this would bring in more players then duos because most of the time people are just on at random times trying to play a game alone and trying to grind xp and cakewars is a really good game for grinding xp. I personally find solo games to be more intense then other group games because there's so much more things to worry about and nobody else to rely on.

As I've said on many other posts I want this to be added sometime in the future. +1

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    0775 likes this.
  17. I personally think Cake Wars solo would just spread thin an already thinner player base of cake wars. The fact that the player base is divided on it shows while some people would play it, I think it would just contribute to longer and longer queue times.

Personally, the game just feels like it was meant to be played with a teammate, and if none of your friends are willing to hop on you can either random queue or if you want someone to play with I’m always available :)

I just think the game is substantially more fun with a teammate or teammates and instead of adding a solo mode, you can either solo queue or just ask some people in this thread to play!

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  18. Hey!
    There was a thread posted about Cake Wars solos that I will link here. This idea is already in discussion but here is my response from the other thread:

"As a huge cake wars player and fan, I defiantly would love to see this idea implemented! I really would rather do a 1v1v1v1 because I am always getting teamed up on which isn’t fair. However, there is a lot of things to think about with this idea. Many things in the actual game would have to change. There are many small issues about this idea as mentioned above but it’s not impossible at all. I also think that if this were to be implemented, they would take away duos where as I would hope they added it not removed another form. Personally, I play duos a lot more than standard and if this were the case, I would suggest just leaving it as is."

Overall, +1 idea, I would love for this to get implemented :D

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  19. Hi there!

I feel like Mineplex should add cakewars solo to the server, and then remove it if it has a lower player count. I’m pretty sure this has been said before, but I’m just saying it again. I would really love to play cakewars solo as I always either have an AFK teammate, the teammate quits after dying once, or there is not a teammate at all. Like me, some of the other players who may not have friends online 24/7 can’t party with them all the time, so I generally play alone. I think this is great for players who may not be in parties or are just wanting to play by themselves. Big +1 from me!

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  20. Well, the fact is that it may be risky to leave your base, but its that way for everyone. Everyone will have to face that challenge, and it would make it different than standard and duos where some people could just rely on there teammate. Also its worth adding because, at least for duos, a lot of its players are not in parties, and therefore are at a disadvantage. Also it would take away having some games where one team has more players than another. Thats all, and i hope you have a great day.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    ilyLegend likes this.