• 404 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4620 Players Online
  • 4216 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Cake Wars Solos?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by LiL_P33P, Apr 18, 2020.

1. I want people's opinions on whether having a solo gamemode for Cake Wars would be a good idea. Personally, I think it would be very good as a lot of players prefer more 1v1 style oriented PvP. I've heard this talked about a year ago, but I want more people's opinions now that more and more people have started playing Cake Wars, and we've had a lot of time to understand the game.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  2. I’d love to see a solo game mode, but if that were to be the case, it’d likely take the place of cw duos. Ideally, I’d like cw solo to be added as a separate playlist, but if I had to pick one or the other I’d prefer if it just remained as cw duos.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    iceskating likes this.
  3. I would love a solo cake wars. I think team cake wars can be unbalanced if one team is in a Discord call and play all the time and another team is relying on team text chat. That' just my thoughts on it. :sigils_down:

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  4. Hey! I’m not a Cake Wars player in the slightest but I think the idea of implementing Cake Wars solos would be pretty neat. I know on some other threads I’ve seen there was debate over removing duos and replacing it with solos, this was a bedrock thread, but I think it would be nice to have all 3 together so there’s a variety on how you prefer to play.
    Plus, solos could bring a more competitive player base, since you’re only reliant on yourself, not a duo or 3 other teammates. But with that being said, there would have to be certain updates to make the game ‘solo friendly’ and not so dependent on teammates.

Posted Apr 18, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 18, 2020
  5. Hey,

I think CW solo would be a nice idea, considering how SG has a team mode plus a solo mode. This gamemode would change such strategy to more pop mechanics than team coordination. But, I doubt this gamemode would be added because of the following, even though I like CW solo. My only counter to this is the problem of stat boosting, the same thing that many had with SSM solo. Especially since it will be 1v1v1v1, people can easily stat boost and team, which can be a major problem for those that are actually working a lot to get the achievement kit. However, I see this as the only problem and would like to see CW solo, with ideas to ensure that stat boosting won't be a huge problem for this gamemode. Not only stat boosting, but teaming can be really easy for a 1v1v1v1 game-mode, which will in turn bring more work for staff. CW duos seems to be more complicated since the amount of players are much more, but I am fine with CW solo having more than 4 teams. Otherwise, hope I gave good feedback on why people are hesitating about replacing duos at the moment, even though I would like CW solo to be a thing.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  6. Hey!

So this idea has been suggested before, and while it seems like a good idea to add it in, there's actually a ton of reasoning for why they haven't. Cake Wars itself is a very strategic, team-based game. By adding in a solo mode, there could be a ton of complications.

For starters, I'll talk about the strategy aspect. Cake Wars in my opinion is meant to be a team game because there are a ton of objectives to get that would be nearly impossible in a solo mode. Capturing beacons, for example, would be incredibly hard to do while trying to defend your cake. If a player goes to capture an emerald beacon and leaves their base for less than 20 seconds, that's enough time for someone to ender pearl on to your island and eat your cake. It would be extremely hard to defend while pushing for objectives. However the argument can be made that it's fair-game because everyone has to do the same. Regardless, the difficulty from solo mode alone would make a ton of players avoid this mode.

Secondly, there is another issue with the player base. A lot of people don't consider that Cake Wars is one of Mineplex's most popular games. By adding in a Cake Wars solo mode, it could completely throw off the player base for other game modes. This would leave a ton of players unhappy because there's still many other games on the network players enjoy, but the player count makes it hard for them to find games. If this game mode is implemented, it would mess with a ton of other game modes and could potentially make a few of them unplayable.

All in all, while a solo version of this game is highly-demanded, there could be more negative repercussions than positive benefits. This of course is just my opinion, but I don't think a solo mode should be made for the general public. That being said, I could see this added as an event or even an MPS game mode, just not a separate game.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    Wiz2K and Thenorn like this.
  7. I don't think Cake Wars solos is a good idea, mainly just because it would be almost impossible to defend. To go out for anything would be risking, even just an emerald gen. That being said, if you want to verse people, you can always do it in an MPS by selecting different teams. My friends and I do it all the time.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  8. Hi there!

Yeah, this idea was actually voted about a couple of times by our Game Insights team and it seems the majority of the community want's a solo Cake Wars! I honestly prefer Solos over duos because I enjoy more intense pvp action, now in duos there is the aspect of 2v2ing which is super fun and super intense but you could always have somebody at the base or capping beacons and eating cakes etc, while in solo you'll need to be able to take all of that into effect and make sure you're doing everything. Most of the time you'll most likely be solo or have 3-4 people therefore duos isn't really needed and I would really prefer this over it. I really enjoy PVP games so solos would be great! The game could be the same but instead of having a lobby that caps out at 16 players we could just do 8 players. Overall I would 100% prefer Solos over Duo Cake wars. +1

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  9. I've seen this discussion take place for a while now, mainly in the Community Insights Discord, where they've discussed having Solo Cake Wars instead of Duos. I personally would much prefer having Solos as a game rather than Duos. Nothing against Duos, I think it's still a very fun option to play when it's just you and another friend, however Solos you can play alone and you don't have to play it with friends. If you've got 2 people, it's not hard to find another 2 people to play Standards instead of Duos, so I wouldn't see removing Duos as a massive issue.

On the other hand, I can understand that there are probably many players within Mineplex that spend a lot of their time on Duos. We have to consider what impact this would have on them, like if they've been grinding to get good stats on Duos, then all these stats would be gone if Solos came and they'd no longer mean anything. I do think that adding Solos has more pros than cons, and personally I would play Cake Wars a lot more if we had a Solos version. Overall, I'd like to see a Solo version of Cake Wars on Mineplex at some stage, and for now it seems the best way to implement this would be through replacing Duos.

+1

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  10. I'm honestly finding it hard to see why anyone would support the addition of CW solo, let alone replacing the Duo gamemode for this sake. It's a game made to be played in some sort of team. Aside from the gameplay issues, where you could win a game with pure luck and constantly have to worry about capturing beacons and keeping your cake safe the entire time, there would be technical issues as well, for example solving the issue with teams. Would a player in solo be wearing colored leather armor still? If so, would they still be team Red/Blue/Orange etc or just a player with that color?

Actually, regarding gameplay, the protection of cake would be difficult to the point where you'd be better off just removing cakes (a skilled player would probably find it easier to rush using Builder kit and eliminate everyone one by one by feeding off their generators), but then the game would end up being a poor version of Skywars.

This post generally didn't make sense but this part is what I've been trying to comprehend for a few minutes now and I've finally understood, what you're saying is that there are rarely two people in a party? There are a lot of Duos enthusiasts who prefer to play with just one more person, play with a specific person all the time or don't have a large enough friend group to find three more people to play Standard! I don't think staff members are in the position to assume that one can easily find three people to play with. I've just seen that Nick's post revolves around the same idea so that goes for his post as well.

Nothing against the OP or anyone who's supported the idea, I'm just finding it hard to imagine that such a gamemode would really take off.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  11. Hello!

I would love to see solo cake wars on Mineplex. However, with this change, there would be a need for tons of new maps/editing the current ones. It might be a lot of hard work. But it's nice that players not involved in a party could play Cake wars alone. With this being said, I think that solo Cake wars should be implemented. The schedule is a question mark as there might be more other important projects before that. Overall, I would give this idea a +1.

Have a nice day!

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    hiimfinehello and Kisme like this.
  12. To be completely honest, if a solo version of Cake Wars were to be released, it probably wouldn't be as enjoyable or intriguing as Duos and Quads. Each game would be too quick, and in some cases, too easy, however, in other cases, like others have said, it may be too risky at most times to leave your cake, as you won't have anyone to defend while you leave your island, making the game a bit less enjoyable. Apart from that downside, there wouldn't be much excitement compared to the other modes, and risk might trump challenge.

I'm going to give this suggestion a +0, because I can see why people would support this idea, but I personally don't think it's the best idea going, considering that Cake Wars is designed to be a strategic mini-game, which heavily involves teamwork .

Posted Apr 18, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 18, 2020
  13. Hey!

I hope they never add solos to the game. As some stated above it is a team based game and I don’t think adding solos would be healthy for the game. I feel like the games would end very quick because you would have players rushing middle without having the cake even protected. If you want to play a smaller game of Cake Wars then play duos.

Thanks,
    TheMooseBean

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  14. Hi!

I think solo CW can be good for competitive playing,I am talking about ELO rating or something else.
    But actually I think on solo going be a filled with boosters or hackers. From other side this idea actually pretty nice.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  15. From one not-a-fan of Solos to another, the reason this isn't a great idea aren't the logistics of the game. A larger Minecraft server has a very similar game to Mineplex's Cake Wars, and it has a solo mode that functions very similarly to duos and standard.

My intentions aren't to diminish your point, just pointing out the reality of it.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  16. I think the main appeal is that there are many players who queue solo like myself who end up getting bot teammates and then proceed to get destroyed by parties. You are correct in saying that it would not play like the team game cakewars is intended as, but I think people would still enjoy it nontheless as an option to play their favorite game in a fairer setting. As for removing duos, ideally we would be able to have all three modes, but the playerbase is too small to support that- and as the demand for solos seems to be larger than the active playerbase for duos, that's why duos has to go.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  17. Hey!
    As a huge cake wars player and fan, I defiantly would love to see this idea implemented! I really would rather do a 1v1v1v1 because I am always getting teamed up on which isn’t fair. However, there is a lot of things to think about with this idea. Many things in the actual game would have to change. There are many small issues about this idea as mentioned above but it’s not impossible at all. I also think that if this were to be implemented, they would take away duos where as I would hope they added it not removed another form. Personally, I play duos a lot more than standard and if this were the case, I would suggest just leaving it as is. Overall, +1 idea! Keep up the good work!

Posted Apr 19, 2020
  18. Heyo,

Not much to say on my end but you have a +1 from me!

Posted Apr 19, 2020
  19. ive played duos before and i have never seen a team with at least one player fully defending the cake lol. People usually go in groups to cap or rush bases, or both separately. Defending your cake while trying to rush people takes game sense and skill. It just sounds to me your too reliant of a teammate. Tbf id like solos to replace duos. I play cakewars usually by myself or with one other person. You dont need a full party team to play the game, it just takes more skill and game-sense which is the whole point of the game. Just because the game is a 4v4 doesnt mean you have to be in a part of 4 lol. If you want that much of an advantage then be my guest. There are so many battle royale games that have a solo mode and cakewars is kind of like a battle royale... KIND OF. Cleaning is a just a part of the game and you cant blame that( im assuming thats what you mean by luck lmao). You can cap beacons and protect your cake easily in solo mode. Take bedwars for example where there is an emerald(dia in hypixel) gen right between you and an enemy. It is your job to eliminate the enemy as soon as the game starts so you have easy access. There will be a lot of bases so i dont see the emerald gens being too far away from you and you can always void/pearl if you see someone from a distance going for your cake. How would it be like skywars? Your saying a pro can kill people off one by one. You can easily get their cake while theyre busy attacking someone else. Its not luck. Its gamesense.

Posted Apr 19, 2020
  20. I'd really love a cakewars solo gamemode. I don't play duos at all and I think any could agree with that. It would be great if they replaced duos and added solo since standard is the most popular mode. Though I don't think we will be seeing cakewars solo anytime soon especially since they just updated cakewars and if they had any intentions to add it they would have already. Even so, I would love to see it become a thing.

Posted Apr 19, 2020