• 2074 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10512 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cake Wars Solo

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by iBlameChiss, Aug 20, 2019.

1. I know what you're thinking, "not another person who wants Mineplex to add CW Solo!". Don't worry, this one makes a bit more sense for Mineplex.

Let's be honest, loads of people want CW Solo to be added, but it's just not doable because of the fact that we've already got Standard and Duos, and this will be just another mode which will take a very long time to fill up. An easy solution to this is simply rotating through Duos and Solo. Maybe have a week of Solo, then a week of Duos, repeat. This way, other games won't be affected in terms of filling up.

Let's get CW SOLO

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    Jacob12dx and Yato like this.
  2. Heyo!

I think this is a great idea. I know that solos in itself has been declined in the past, but with a majority of Cake Wars players wanting solos, this wouldn't be that big of an issue. This isn't splitting any playerbase since they're in the same game you could say, and it would be a great way for players to play by themselves as not everybody works well on a team.

The only issues I really see with this happening is players who mainly play duos. It might cause then to be upset, but after all they can just go to squads if they'd like. Also, competitive players (leaderboards) might not enjoy it switching off every week, so maybe combining solos and duos leaderboards but showing them separately in state could work. I could also see a lot of people cross teaming in solos, but despite of these things I don't see anything wrong with this idea.

Overall, I don't see a whole lot wrong with this idea. The "Classic Cow" NPC also had a rotating feature, which seemed to work out fine for the first couple of months, which doesn't make these 2 concepts very different. This will be a +1 from me, hope I helped!

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  3. Hi there!

I can see why you'd like to implement cake wars solo, but the idea has been denied in the past.

These were mainly for reasons such as it would split the community up; cakewars keeps you playing with a team, where not much games actually require a team situation like cake wars offers. Therefore, I'm going to disagree with this idea. Overall, it's a -1 from me.
    Thanks!
    4G0

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  4. Hey!

So, In the past this idea was in high demand and it was declined when the game was released. Due to the fact of players wanting to take the game seriously. A good majority of mineplex play for fun and not for competition, that's why MCL was such a good idea. Cake wars is already in MCL, The clash of the cakes. Teams of 5 minimum and a max of 12. So If mineplex were to implement it, I think this would be best in MCL, so the players who take the game seriously and want to play competitively, Hence the name mineplex competitive league.

If this idea were to be implemented I think It would be placed in MCL, So players who want it can play it competitively. There was more reasons that Developers denied It when It was released. Cakewar's was released so there would be more team oriented gamemodes on mineplex. Making a single player mode would be going against the Idea of the game being team oriented. I'm neutral on this Idea because this can be implemented in MCL, But It would destroy the point of the gamemode, Team's of 2 or 4 players that work together to win the game. Don't get me wrong, It's a good idea, but I'm not sure It will ever come to mineplex.

Evenity

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  5. This is an interesting suggestion, but I just feel players would be more disappointed when one or the other wasn't available. Imagine playing a game mode for a while and getting great at it, then only to have it taken away from you for a week so another one can replace it. The players wanting to do double teams won't be happy that they have to play solo and players wanting to do solo won't be happy that they have to play doubles. A week seems too long to me if something like this were to be considered. Maybe it would be better to say that the games would swap every hour or so.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  6. Yo,

So basically I kinda think that the rotation of solo, duos and other forms of CW, wouldn't be a very good idea, simply because of people favouring more modes than others. However I think, that maybe ranked players from LEGEND and upwards should be able to skip the rotation of CW Solo, duo, and 4v4v4v4. This could cause a player outburst for Non's like My account rn, but my alt has a rank (Dont know why i said that) but anyway this could cause a domestic dispute so I dont think my idea would be a very balanced arguement.
    Let Me Know What Yall Think!

Thanks,
    OnceAnL_

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  7. This seems really well thought out. I don't play Cakewars, but I could see this as being a nice change.

+1

Hey, @OnceAnL_ I don't think your idea would work because it is really unfair to non-ranked players idc because I also have eternal on another account, but a large majority of players can't buy ranks.
    So for your idea

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  8. Yato totally agree with wat ur saying about it being unfair but unfortunately ur a bit late with the unfair to non ranked players problem. They have already added the /report command to i think TITAN and ETERNAL. Thanks for the reply aswell

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  9. Yeah, I don't agree with the exclusive report command, but Mineplex added it.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  10. I know this idea hasn't worked out in the past but I still think it'd be a great way of playing a game you like solo. Playing with random people isn't always easy (because of communication) and your friends will not always be able to play! Some people just like to play alone anyways.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  11. What would be the reason not to add it? After all, the players should be able to choose that for themselves anyways, some players are good with teammates, and others are good by themselves. Mineplex should try harder to cater to different playstyles, if solo is what the majority of the players want, then it should be at least considered to be implemented instead of immediately rejecting the idea.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  12. I believe it was rejected in the past because there may not be enough cake wars players to split into 3 parts solo duo and standard. Personally I'd love to see solo added and if it doesn't work out it could be removed, almost like a trial period for the game version! Anyone feel free to comment or correct me!

Posted Aug 24, 2019