• 422 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4472 Players Online
  • 4050 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cake Wars Solo

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Goldek, May 18, 2020.

?

its good idea

1. yes

82 vote(s)
    84.5%
  2. no

15 vote(s)
    15.5%
  1. Many people have nobody to play with, and playing with people we don't hear or cannot play at our level is difficult. This mode would be cool because everybody has to do it alone. For players will definitely be a big challenge, so the gameplay will not get bored so quickly.
    that's why I suggest adding this mode.

greetings,
    //Goldek

Posted May 18, 2020
  2. Hi! I think there's been a lot of these threads recently asking for cake wars solos, and really, my opinion hasn't changed. I think it's okay to add it as long as it does NOT replace duos. I think one thing to consider when making polls for these things is the amount of players with hidden opinions. These would probably be casual players that don't use the forums and aren't on the discord server. So I think the best way would probably just be a poll at Carl the creeper. Other than that, I agree, cake wars solos should be added!

Posted May 18, 2020
    anthxny and Goldek like this.
  3. Hey!

I kind of disagree with this whole idea. Although your points are very true, my friends and I once did the whole solo cake wars thing in mps, and it is just not a really good idea. One, when you are rushing another person, they easily can see you and kill you instantly as opposed to having a team rush and one person distracts while the other person eats the cake. I do see how this would be a good idea, but I just think the whole format of the game would not be suitable for solos. I still am open to this happen!

Posted May 18, 2020
  4. Kill you insantly? Sounds like a player skill issue to me.

Honestly, I just want cw solos to be implemented. I hate having teammates that sit at gen all game only to die to world border. Using up resources in very detrimental ways.

Posted May 18, 2020
  5. Meant the strategy where someone fights off players while one mines the cake.

Posted May 18, 2020
  6. I think this is a very good idea and personally would make cakewars a lot more fun for more rather than random teammates with whom I have no communication with. I think it would be a good idea, :P

Posted May 18, 2020
    IDrinkArizonaTea likes this.
  7. maybe the sentences are divided but if they are entered players will like them. It would be nice if the administration implemented them because cw is currently the best mode in terms of statistics and I think that everyone would find something for themselves because either he plays alone or with a friend or with a few buddies!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 18, 2020
    IDrinkArizonaTea likes this.
  8. I think this would be a pretty good idea and bring in a lot of players. I really enjoy cake wars but occasionally go to servers with solo modes as I prefer that sometimes.

Posted May 18, 2020
    Goldek likes this.
  9. I love the idea. I think maybe the cake would take too long to consume with one player, but solos would eliminate the unbalance of having party teams that can communicate. No one would have to worry about other players messing your defenses up.
    That's just my thoughts. LMK if you disagree. :)

Posted May 18, 2020
  10. This idea has been brought up multiple times. Currently, there are two versions of Cake Wars which already splits the player base in half. If we added a third version of Cake Wars, games would be harder to queue. In addition, if an existing map was used there would be 7 islands at the most. I feel a game with only 7 people is too easy, and I don't think revising every map would be a good use of builder time.

Posted May 18, 2020
  11. Mineplex is already dying, and the only way the playerbase can go up, is if the staff listen to the players. This has been requested many times, yet its always questioned by the staff team, because they simply do not want to put in the work it needs.

Posted May 18, 2020
  12. I agree, parties always destroy me when i solo queue and I would love
    a solos mode. Note that hypixel already has a solos mode, and it works despite the complications the staff think it will have. It should really be added!!

Posted May 20, 2020
    B1ueTiger likes this.
  13. Hey!
    I have personally seen this idea come up multiple times and so far I'm loving the idea! However, with this idea there was a lot of talk of removing duos and substituting it with solos which I am against because I'm a huge duos player over standard. I would much rather this be implemented as another game option, so then there would be 3 versions of Cake Wars. In order for this to be implemented though, there will defiantly have to be new maps like how standard and duos maps are different. I have personally played solo Cake Wars in MPS servers with my friends on the standard maps and it's too unfair. And as I mentioned before, of having 3 versions instead of 2, it could create a queue issue. I would defiantly love to see this but again, it would be a very complicated process with a lot of time and thought.
    0 (neutral) idea just because of all the issues involved but it is a good idea!

Posted May 20, 2020
  14. In addition to all the problems caused by adding another version of Cake Wars, I feel like fundamentally, Cake Wars isn't suited for solo play.

The rudimentary idea of Cake Wars is as follows: capture and collect resources, protect your cake, and eliminate others while doing so. In duos and squads, these tasks are dynamically assigned to everyone depending on the situation and circumstance, allowing the workload to be split and the game to progress normally. However, in solos all of these roles are tasked upon you only. How are you going to go out and capture mid if someones sitting on your generator or threatening to eat your cake? How are you going to go for others when by leaving, you make your cake completely exposed? In duos and squads, you have answers and counter-play for these situations, but in solos you don't.

Because of this, I'd imagine solo games being very defensive and slow-paced as the risk associated with going out would be much higher than the corresponding reward. Solos would require a lot of revamping and balancing to try to alleviate these complications, and even then, the core problem of having only one player wouldn't be fixed.

Although it's the same gamemode, solos is extremely different compared to it's counterparts, which is why this idea needs more planning. Cake Wars solos does sound appealing, but I need more convincing and forethought before I'm all on board.

Posted May 20, 2020
    Young_Inventor likes this.
  15. your opinion is very unjustified. I wrote myself that the main thing is to develop this mode and put the player in the game that he did not get bored. look at cake warsars standard or Duo everyone does not count tactics because whatever you would use the opponent has a chance with you because he works in the team and the solo is about surviving alone. it is more difficult and therefore more interesting. if someone says that this mode is difficult to do or a map to build, then answer the question whether it really is. there are ready plugins, maps etc. the only problem is laziness. and if we go back to the problem you write that it is difficult to cope alone then you explained yourself here. tell you how many times I've had this situation that I was alone on standards or duos and other teams were full? just and I was able to take over the middle to eat cake etc.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 20, 2020
    iceskating likes this.
  16. Just because something is "more difficult" doesn't necessarily mean it's more interesting.

I'm not doubting whether Mineplex can actually create the new version or not; my problem is about the game itself and how it's gonna work. You can't just take Cake Wars (which is designed for teams) and slap a solo version on it. Solo Cake Wars would be an entirely different game, and I see problems with how it's going to be played (which I explained in the post). Aside from the actual game itself, you have to consider how people are going to play it and what strategies are going to develop. With that knowledge, elaborate more on what your vision of solo Cake Wars would look like, because as of now, I don't believe Cake Wars is suited for solos in it's current state.

This is completely different than the situation I was describing and isn't a fair comparison. In your situation, you had a teammate at the start and your cake was eaten and he died. You're at a huge disadvantage compared to everyone else as you're outnumbered, and a decent team should be able to kill you relatively easily. In solos however, everyone is by themselves so your only disadvantage would be you not having a cake, which is your fault.

Posted May 20, 2020
  17. I personally wouldn’t mind if it were added, I’m a player who often plays Cake Wars on my own and a lot of the time I end up with teammates who are AFK or just stay at the base grinding materials. I can see both sides of the argument; personally I’d be fine either way, but I think it would be interesting to add a solo version.

Posted May 20, 2020
  18. I agree, same here.

Posted May 20, 2020
  19. Hi! I really like the idea of a solo cakewars game. I think it could be a good opportunity for people who don't have other players to party with, or just simply want to play an individual game. I know that if they added this, I would play it for sure!

Posted May 20, 2020
  20. +1 this would fix so many issues like unfair team advantages and PVP sweat parties. Solo would be a nice mode to play when you have no friends or just don't want to play with some guy sitting at gen stealing your stuff and not doing anything to help you. good idea though I will say some other people have good details about why not to implement it though my opinion look at hypixel solo, it did itself pretty well..don't add 3v3v3v3 please that's mode is uselss

Posted May 20, 2020