• 372 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4331 Players Online
  • 3959 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cake Wars Solo Mode?

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Verscore, Jun 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I've been playing cake wars recently and I've realized something. In 4v4s, there is always that one or more team that is really "tryhard" and they usually are all in one party. They win most of their games because of that. And then, this leaves those other mineplex players who have no one to play with to lose almost every single game. And then, they will get bored of cake wars because they don't even have a chance to win and eventually quit. My idea is to release solo mode so then those "tryhard" teams won't make such an impact on a game. This way, the other players in the game have a slightly higher chance to accomplish things and win games.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  2. Yea I agree with this as it would definitely make CakeWars more fun. Personally I have a bunch of "try-hard" friends to play CakeWars with and it is fun but I can see how people who don't can have a hard time. This would be a really good update and a lot of people would be happy with this.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  3. Hey!
    I defiantly love this idea and I have seen it quite often on the forums. Here are the links to the most recent ones that are currently "In Discussion":

Thread 1
    Thread 2

I defiantly would suggest taking a look at them if you would like!
    Here is my response from the two threads:

"As a huge cake wars player and fan, I defiantly would love to see this idea implemented! I really would rather do a 1v1v1v1 because I am always getting teamed up on which isn’t fair. However, there is a lot of things to think about with this idea. Many things in the actual game would have to change. There are many small issues about this idea as mentioned above but it’s not impossible at all. I also think that if this were to be implemented, they would take away duos where as I would hope they added it not removed another form. Personally, I play duos a lot more than standard and if this were the case, I would suggest just leaving it as is."

+1 idea

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  4. Hey

I get your frustration, nothing is worse than when a team of really good people are in the game with you. However, a solo Cake Wars wouldn't work, the reason why is because the cakes would be too easy to get, if you leave your island someone can easily come and get the cake. Another problem is someone camping your spawn, after you lose your gear you are practically done, someone will either grind you for kills or they will get your cake without a problem.

I would recommend that you play Sky Wars on solo mode as it is the closest game mode to Cake Wars and it seems to fit what you want.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  5. This is something that I have always always wanted. I really like cake wars and this style of game in general, but I just don't have as much fun a lot of the time because I don't always have 3 other people or even one other person to play with me. Not to mention, when you have a team of 4 of some of the best players, it becomes just really really difficult to win. In a solo game, you wouldn't have to constantly worry about teams of amazing players and being totally unable to beat all of them. And, whenever you don't have someone you know to play with you, it would also help to have a game mode that you can just jump into and not have to worry about constant communication and whatnot. Solo versions of these kinds of games have worked in the past, and I see no reason why they wouldn't work on Mineplex.

+1

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  6. I am very much in the middle for this idea as there are both positives and negatives to this idea. On the positive side, it would put your fate into your hands as you are the sole team and you don't have to worry about teammates. You also can always play this by yourself instead of playing Duos / Fours if you do not have anyone to play with which is a big plus. On the flip side, I do feel like Cake Wars Solo would upset the balance and feel of the game. You would have to heavily choose from being aggressive or very passive as if you leave your island their is no defense besides the blocks ( if there are any ) surrounding your cake. It could also be very hard to hold emerald points / the middle due you having to constantly run back and fourth to your base and the points. This is the main reason why I would give this idea a +0.5 as I do see it being a popular and good game for players that are alone or do not wish to run into the good squads of players. When talking about the play style, there may need to be some altercations in order to best suit a Solo Cake wars gamemode in order to make it balanced and enjoyable. Overall a very interesting idea and I hope to see what becomes of it.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  7. Skywars has too many hackers, for a player that just wants to play casually, I don't think there's any way they could enjoy skywars for more than maybe 3 games without having at least 1 game ruined by a bhopper.

To OP, most of the vocal community (Meaning those that actually speak out about it) want cake wars solo added to replace duos.

For those that say it's a team game and that solo would ruin the point, I'm not going to explain here because I've not got time and am also not bothered but if you want me to explain why that argument is invalid please PM me. We're pretty much just waiting on leadership to confirm this is actually going to happen, which at the moment seems far in the future.

Posted Jun 8, 2020
  8. Thread Moved to New Game Discussion

Hi there!

I'm not going to make this a long post simply because I've commented on these threads countless times.

Yes! I would really enjoy to see a CW solo mode introduced because I think this would get way more players then duos mode. It's amazing to play alone because it's not boring because it's so intense as you have to do so many things and there is on other teammate to rely on. This includes beacons protecting your cake getting others and it sounds amazing!

Overall yes I am here for this being added +1

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Jun 8, 2020