• 481 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3060 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Cake Wars Skill Based MM

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Reztarg, Jan 9, 2020.

1. This might've been suggested a lot or maybe not at all, but recently I've been playing a lot of Cake Wars because it's just really fun BUT it has been extremely hard to enjoy it lately when I'm being matched with people at a much higher skill level than me. I understand that I obviously need to get better, but some of my games are like sub 5 minute games and I can't do anything. I wouldn't mind being placed with people slightly better than me, but this has been ridiculous. I would love to either see a ranking system or a system that pairs people by Mineplex level. If you did a level system, it would also pair alt accounts or cheating accounts with other cheating accounts and not normal players. I know there's a lot more that goes into it than that, but just a thought that I think Mineplex should address.

Posted Jan 9, 2020
  2. Level and skill aren't two things that can be compared to each other, you could be a level 100 that is completely horrible at PvP or a level 50 that is a god at PvP. Ranking players based on their levels wouldn't be efficient, nor beneficial to the server at all. The only reason these players are so good at ending the games quickly is that there is usually more than one of them... Play with a party of 4 players that have a general idea of what to do, and has good team chemistry and you'll find that the games may take a lot longer to end.

Posted Jan 9, 2020
  3. Usually i play block hunt and im good but not very good at pvp even though im lvl 96. Sometimes i get invited by some friends to play cw and it took me some time to not just get 1 kill per game. What they (and I) usually do is rush mid and a team to the side at the same time. Then we continue rushing other teams until we die and gear up a bit before rushing again. This isn’t perfect, sometimes we die at the first team, sometimes there’s a good team left or sometimes our cake gets eaten. But we try our best to win and doing that as fast as possible.
    Making a matching system should be based on wins, but that would lead to the new players getting matched up with all the hackers and idk how mineplex would make a matching system anyways with their current queuing system and the not very high player count.

Posted Jan 9, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 9, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  4. Hey!
    I actually do somewhat agree with this idea, I think there should be a matchmaking feature added so players maybe with the same wins or kill to death ratios get matched together. I think this would benefit everyone, because even me who sucks at pvp wants to have fun while playing Cake Wars and it's hard when I'm always against really good players. I also like what Heliology said about it does make it easier if you join a party or a voice chat call so everyone is on the same page. When playing solo your teammates are kind of all doing what they want and it doesn't really work out against teams in calls. I do wish a matchmaking feature was added, however I feel like it won't be because it's not really needed when everyone can still play the game, along with if this feature was added then the wait times to get in games would lengthen.

Posted Jan 10, 2020
  5. Yeah some people afk to 100, how about instead basing it on kills?

Posted Jan 19, 2020
  6. Hello!

I understand your frustration but I'm going to have to disagree with this idea. Considering Mineplex's relatively low player count I can't see how this would be beneficial for the server. A matchmaking system would cause games to rarely start; especially in AU times as there will be anywhere between 30-60 people playing the game on average.

I understand that the current system makes it a little unfair for newer players, considering that many experienced players party up to grind rewards. However, you also need to consider experienced players and understand that matching them up with other experienced players will make the games long and tedious, and if they lose they will get little rewards. I think that the current system works fine, and you can always try to improve to compete with level 100's by playing in an MPS with friends or watching YouTube videos created by skilled players. I'm going to have to give this idea a -1, thanks for the suggestion though!

Posted Jan 19, 2020
  7. Heyo!
    Really good idea, but I will be ignoring this suggestion. Like stated by @Heliology , skill and level aren't to be compared with. Skill is how good you are and level are how experienced you are. Personally, I've had some frustrating experiences when people in a party of 4 are at least level 90. But, from those experiences, I've become better at the game. I hope the same works out for you. A minor change, a lot of work, don't seem to work out together, if you could understand where I came from! A -1 from me. Also congrats @Epicbuilder435 on recruiter!!! <3 (Didn't get time to say congrats! )
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Jan 20, 2020
    Epicbuilder435 likes this.
  8. Hello!

Unfortunately, I will have to be denying this idea for now. Similar ideas have been denied in the past for multiple reasons, including but not limited to:

An ELO system would separate the playerbase drastically. If you're put into games based off skill, yes you would have more even games in most cases, but it would take longer for games to start because you are only being put with people around your skill level, and there is not going to be as much people around your skill level than there is when you just join games like we do now.

This would also discourage newer players that aren't 'tryharding' for wins, and are just playing for fun. Ranking them badly like this would make them feel bad and almost feel like they are required to play hard if they want to have fun, which is not the mindset we want anyone to feel forced to have.

Due to those reasons, I'll be marking this thread as "Not Planned" and will leave it open in case of further discussion.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  9. Hi there!

I understand your frustration and why you'd like to have this idea added but as Tilgorn said this just wouldn't work out as this would if you were to add a system based off of players ''levels'' this would force people to stop player, people 40+ would just be going against the same skillset over and over again which would get bored, if these players wanted to go against higher up people they'd have to win all the games and get a lot of XP which isn't what we want our player base to feel like they have to do, we don't want them to feel like they HAVE to win to go against the higher ups also as Tilgorn stated. People would easily get bored most likely going against the same people because there aren't that many level 70s for example that play CW making it hard for those players to find games and if they did they'd go against the same people over and over again causing them to overall just stop playing CW. I like the idea about how hackers could go against other hacks making it very easy for the Staff Team to get them but that would just have to be implemented in some other form. I'll be giving this idea a -1 Thanks for hearing me out!

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Jan 21, 2020