• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Cake Wars Royalty

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Jaekub, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Jaekub

Jaekub

Here is an idea for a new mode of Cake Wars. Here's how it works:

Number of Players Per Team: 5

Teams: 4

Each team has a randomly selected "King/Queen"

All kits remain the same

Last team standing wins

If more than half of the team is near the King/Queen, they will get an upgradable buff

This is an event game

Elimination without Cake Eaten

If the King/Queen (I will refer to them as Leader from here on out) dies when their team's cake hasn't been eaten, they are eliminated. Everyone in the game will be sent back to their base and a new Leader will be chosen for the team that lost theirs. If the team runs out of players to become Leader, the team is eliminated. If you are not the Leader, you get infinite respawns (as long as your Cake hasn't been eaten). For example, if Blue's Leader is killed, there will be a popup (similar to the Cake Eaten popup), that will say, "Blue's Leader has Fallen!" and everyone will be sent back to their respective base.

Elimination with Cake Eaten
    If your Cake is eaten, all players that are not the Leader do not respawn. Leadership cannot be transferred to another player at this point in the game.

Edit: I'm adding these things to be included in the post: The fact that it is an event game, no respawn after Cake Eaten for Leader, and buff if half or more of the team near the leader.

Thanks to @Augend for the wonderful suggestions!

If anyone has any suggestions on how to simplify this or make any additions, feel free to suggest any improvements to this game mode.

As always, let me know what you think in the comments!

Posted Jan 31, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 2, 2019
    xSusieLove and PapiKirito like this.
  2. Augend

Augend

Yo,

I personally don't think this should be a whole new game, but rather I think it would work perfectly as an event game mode. With the way where the Leadership gets transferred, I would think that players would team kill, since it doesn't hurt them in game terms, until they got Leadership and then camp and not be a team player since they get a 2nd life if their cake is eaten so it wouldn't matter to protect their teammates. My suggestion to solve this would be to give a radius around the Leadership that provides a small buff, like how a beacon works, but it only activates when 1/2 of your remaining team is near you (has to be a minimum of 2 players including the person with Leadership). It's a very creative idea though, great job!

Posted Feb 1, 2019
    Jaekub and Snowwii like this.
  3. Animalll

Animalll

Hey!

I think this is a great gamemode. I do agree with what @Augend said about it being an event gamemode instead of a new game, since it would suit an event gamemode more and I personally don't think it would work as a gamemode. I love this gamemode and I think that it is great. I think that it is really creative and is something really cool to see. I love how you have thought of the King/Queen idea, I think that is great and would add something new into cakewars. If I were to change one thing, it would be that it's teams of 10 instead of 20. I feel like teams of 20 is too many players per team, since that would be 160 players, which would be way too many. Overall, this is a great idea, it just needs some adjustments and it will be amazing. I would definitely love to see something like this implemented. Great work for thinking of this!

Posted Feb 2, 2019
  4. Jaekub

Jaekub

Oops, I think you misread it or just didn't state it correctly. 20 players total with 4 teams ---> 5 players per team. Let me fix that.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 2, 2019
  5. GuardianInASuit

GuardianInASuit

Heyo!

I really do love this idea but like others have said I do really think this would be more suited for an event game! This would be really fun to play with everyone during events. The first time reading this I got really confused at first and then I went back over it I started to figure it out and it really did seem like it would be a lot of fun. When a player becomes a leader I think they should get full diamond armor/gear to show players who is the leader this also would give the leaders a chance to survive an attack.

~ Your Friendly Bedrock Guardian ~​

Posted Feb 10, 2019
  6. Maxxehh

Maxxehh

Heya
    This is a really interesting idea and I love it! However, I do agree with the people above - it would be more of a fun, events-suited idea. However, it looks very complex and might confuse players at first, as I was a little confused myself, but with events, it might be a little clearer as it can be explained more in depth.
    Love the idea, keep making these!​

Posted Feb 12, 2019 at 12:25 PM
  7. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

Hey there!

I love the concept that you have, but I think that it should be fit in the event gamemode like what Augend said. I love to play Cake Wars because it is a fun game. If this gamemode is going to be added into the event game, then it may be going to bring more players in the event server. Right now, the event server is currently unavailable, so we will have to wait until the Developers team is done fixing the event. Other than that, excellent job that you have!

Posted Feb 12, 2019 at 3:26 PM