• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11017 Players Online
  • 8127 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cake Wars Ranked Tournaments

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Boulderelf, Sep 16, 2020 at 8:00 AM.

1. I've been thinking about this a lot recently. I play a game called Magic: the Gathering and there are many local stores which hold tournaments regularly so I'm very familiar with tournament structures. I was thinking I could help host tournaments regularly, maybe weekly or monthly. I would also like there to be prize support, maybe just ranks for grabs to give people a better incentive to play on the server more often. How it would work is we would have multiple MPS's, maybe mods could help with that as they can also monitor the game to see any cheating gets punished. Games would only be 4v4 to prevent cross teaming.

If you guys think this is a good idea, we could dm on discord or something and we can talk more. If not, that's okay :)

Posted Sep 16, 2020 at 8:00 AM
    GAM likes this.
  2. Hello,
    Having ranked tournaments in MP would be a great idea indeed, and it will help to attract players with the prizes. I am sure many players will like this idea. But, it would be the best if you could elaborate your idea more. Like what are the prizes, how will it be done and how will the brackets be done. More details will help your idea to spread more among the community members.
    I thank you for offering some time to suggest something great for the community, and I hope your idea gets implemented into the network!
    I give it +1

Posted Sep 16, 2020 at 10:03 AM
    GAM likes this.
  3. so cwcl but with 4v4 and more prize incentive. ok +1

Posted Sep 16, 2020 at 12:32 PM
    GAM likes this.
  4. Hey, thanks for saying so!
    For prizes I'm not sure, I'm not able to provide anything which is why I'm trying to reach out, maybe Mineplex could provide something if the idea works, whatever they're willing to do.
    The tournament structure would ideally be the swiss tournament system and cut to top 8 or cut to top 4 after a number of rounds depending on the number of teams participating. Top 4/top 8 could be best of 3 games of cake wars and finals could be best of 5 (this might take long so it could possibly be better to only do best of 1 and only have finals be best of 3). There are many websites which could handle these kinds of structures so it would be very easy to do pairings.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 16, 2020 at 1:21 PM
    GAM likes this.