• 470 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2554 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Cake Wars Player Rating Discussion

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Plortman, Oct 18, 2019.

?

Does this seem like a good addition for cake wars matchmaking?

1. Yes

31.3%
  2. No

62.5%
  3. Yes but done differently

6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have an idea for how parties are brought together for cake wars. I find myself consistently in games where I get teammates wasting emeralds on a diamond helmet then running to mid and dying, and buying useless upgrades that are not needed. While they are not breaking any rules, and likely not making these mistakes on purpose, it is still very frustrating. What if there was a rating system? If you like a certain teammate then you can give them a thumbs up and if you didn't like them then you can give them a thumbs down. When parties are made they will be paired with people that have a similar like/dislike ratio. This will not only stop good players from getting bad teammates, but will also encourage players to be an effective team member and not hide all the resources in their ender chest. I'd love to hear what you all think about this.

Posted Oct 18, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_ and Task like this.
  2. Hey there!

I would have to disagree with this idea, solely because firstly there isn't enough detail given as to how you would suggest this system worked, and second is because the system you're suggesting is just another way of friending somebody to play with them in the future? If you like a team mate that you've played with, you can always friend them in game and party them to play with them again. If you're having trouble with other people taking your resources and "wasting" them, then the only thing I can suggest is to create a team yourself and play with them! That way the communication will be better and hopefully your game play will be a better experience!

I don't think that voting up or down on a player is an effective way of finding a team that you're satisfied with. Just because a player may struggle to play or similar, if everybody voted them down, then I'm sure they would feel slightly disheartened and lack the excitement to play if no body wants them. Therefore, if you're looking for a team that you can play with that have game sense, the way to do it is to as I said before, grab your own team and dominate the lobbies!

I hope this could help!

Posted Oct 18, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 18, 2019
    vezay likes this.

3. I understand the point you're making but I still think this is a good idea. This has little to do with an individual finding teammates they like, and more so that other people don't get paired with people that have a much different skill level. The goal is not to make a player feel a lack of excitement to play the game, but rather they will see they are getting paired with low skill level players and take action to make themselves a better player. I feel the problem is not communication. I have been politely vocal in the past about bad decisions only to get told off rudely by the person that they know what they're doing. This is not a thumbs up or down on skill itself, but rather a thumbs up or down on the ability to be an effective teammate. This process is done in many other games like Overwatch, League of Legends, and many online RPG games. It is always ideal to pair up with friends you know and play with them, but this system is for people queuing up with strangers. I am always interested to see what people think about this, because this system exists in many other platforms and is generally well-liked.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 18, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  4. I feel like he’s suggesting Skill based matchmaking.

This may work for popular Games, however I believe queues will be longer than as is. I believe it’s a nice suggestion though.

Posted Oct 18, 2019
  5. I don't believe this will be an issue, because I think the system can work in the lobby waiting for the game and not the queuing for the lobby. I am only throwing ideas and am unsure of the best way to implement it.

OP OP
  6. How would skill base work? The problem I'm seeing is that if determined based on wins, then it isn't necessarily about skill. Some players of a higher skill may only have 250 wins, whereas somebody who enjoys the game and plays all day every day with 3000 wins after being carried by a team, then in this case skillbased wouldn't work.

Lower skill based lobbies will be full of hackers on alt accounts, which means that it's very had to escape that category. The idea of having public cakewars is so that the community are together, And not excluded to play against the same faces every single day! :)

Posted Oct 18, 2019
  7. This would have nothing to do with wins, which is why I am suggesting the thumbs up and down system. The low lobby getting full of hackers wouldn't be an issue, because the hackers would continue to get downvoted and the good players would get upvoted and quickly move out of the lowest rankings.

OP OP
  8. Hello~~~

I'm gonna have to disagree with this post. The main problem is that this voting system to pick good players and worse players is all in opinion. If one person thinks this person is extremely good and the other person thinks he's extremely bad, it'll just mess up the system imo. Everyone has standards of good and bad players, and this will just make it way more harder to determine who's good or bad.

A lot of the good players play in parties, and I suggest that you try to find a party to play with better players. You can ask for a party in the Mineplex Official Server, or ask in Lobbies.

This will also make the system odd, because if there is a lot of bad players in one lobby, and one really good person it'll make this idea useless.

As I think this is a unique idea to add to mineplex. I personally don't think it would work on mineplex, so I'll have to give this -1.

Posted Oct 18, 2019
    4G0 likes this.
  9. Hey there!

I find this idea very interesting, however, I can't find the long-lasting positives in it. This sort of idea ties into two things; Trust Factor of players and Skill. If players were more skilled or knowledgeable of the game, chances are they wouldn't make those decisions you aren't fond of. Players who troll or don't try very much also ties into Trust Factor.

A rating system wouldn't be efficient in my opinion. First of all, we don't have the playerbase for it at all. Compared to games like Rainbow 6 Siege and CS:GO, restricting players from getting in games with one another would mean we would have a huge reduction of games played and fewer lobbies. Additionally, players would have to try very hard to remain in that certain 'skill group' and wouldn't be able to play for fun.

I recommend you queue with friends or people who you consider highly skilled as they will definitely help you with winning the game!

~Arjun

Posted Oct 18, 2019
    Goudge ✦ and 4G0 like this.
  10. In my opinion, I think all 7 combat games should have a competitive setting

Posted Oct 18, 2019
  11. It’s a nice idea, and I can see where you are coming from, but I am going to have to disagree.

I think the system could easily be abused. A player could easily lower someone’s reputation by purposely downvoting every single one of their teammates during the games they play.
    It also might make the game less appealable for new players. They wouldn’t have any reputation as they wouldn’t have received any votes. They may be consistently placed on teams that aren’t as good, it wouldn’t be fun for them.

Also, I think it would make games off-balanced. More than likely, it would result in one very good team against 3 not so good teams per game. Sure, it might encourage players to work harder to become better at the game, but overall it would also make the game unbalanced.

I think the most effective solution is to party with players you know you’ll work well with, or consider using a call for arms chat.

Posted Oct 18, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 19, 2019
  12. This is an interesting idea but I'm don't think it will work. First of all, if teams are chosen based on their 'rating', this will create a huge balancing issue. All the skilled players will be on one team and all the beginner players will be on the other. This makes the outcome of games very predictable and players with a good rating will have a huge advantage.

Secondly, I don't think a rating will 'discourage' players from being a bad teammate. If they are what you consider a bad teammate they are most likely just new to the game and they aren't trying to be bad on purpose.

Overall, I think that if you want to play with good teammates my advice would be to make a party with players you know are good at the game. Even recruiting in the lobbies with a message as simple as 'anyone up for Cake Wars?' can attract the attention of skilled players (don't spam it though obviously.) I'm going to have to give this idea a -1

Posted Oct 19, 2019
  13. Hey!

I think that your idea is interesting, but as many have stated above, it wouldn't be working very well in-game. Having teams who have the best stats in the game would make it unfair to all the other players. It would almost be impossible for a team that has just started playing cakewars to beat a team that has been playing for many years.

Having skill-based matchmaking, or "Competetive" Cakewars would be fun because your team would be on the same level as you. The problem here would be that it would take a long time to queue for a game. I simply don't think we have enough players with different skill-level to implement this. Also, I don't think that Mineplex wants to have a game that is a Competetive game. Everyone should be able to play the games that they want, no matter how good they are in it.

However, I'd recommend looking for some Cakewars-groups that are at the same level as you are. See if they are up for a game with you!

Overall, it is an interesting idea, but I don't think that this would fit into the Mineplex network. Therefore I'll be giving this a -1

Posted Oct 19, 2019
  14. I think this would be a be good idea-but what if a teammate sees you gave them a thumbs down? That could make players very sad and also what if Someone just doesn’t like a player and gives them a thumbs down? This could lead to a massive argument that could end up getting someone muted or banned and we want Mineplex to be a safe happy and kid-friendly server so I give this idea -1

Posted Oct 19, 2019
  15. Noooo even if the ranking system does work this would only pair "good" players with "good" players, leading to stacked teams. I think teams should be made based on the amount of wins, with an algorithm trying to keep the total number of wins about the same between teams.

Posted Oct 19, 2019
  16. I disagree with this idea. While I understand the frustration of getting team mates that aren't great at the game, it's almost always because they just aren't as experienced as you. Everyone starts off at pretty much the same level when a game is first introduced and it's not the fault of our newer players that weren't around when Cake Wars was released that they haven't played as many games. It's a learning process and as time goes on, they will get better as they learn more about the game and learn more effective strategies to win. Grouping less experienced players together on teams would cause experienced teams to be more highly more successful and would likely deter newer players from playing the game altogether.

If you are really worried about getting less experienced team mates, find friends to play with and create strong teams from there. I don't want to punish players that haven't played the game before by grouping them together and they end up getting demolished because they aren't sure what is going on.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  17. Heyo!

I'm going to be disagreeing with this idea. I get that it's annoying when people buy random stuff and constantly die with all the good loot, but I don't really think it's fair. If their being paired with those who have a "bad rating" then how will they learn and improve in playing the game? When Cake Wars first came out I hadn't a clue what I was doing and I learnt of watching my teammates. And pairing people with inexperienced players won't make them happy.

Another reason is that I feel this would be abused. People will rate people with a dislike just for the fun of making them go with "noobs" and obviously we don't want that to happen. And as @_H2O said if you're worried about being with people who aren't as good; find some friends to party up with and play with them!

Overall, I really don't think this idea will as I believe it will be abused and isn't really fair. A -1 form me.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  18. Hey!

I will have to agree with @Wolfayy on this idea. While, it seems like it would help teams with more competitive players and getting a team who aren't very competitive either, but, it has a few negatives than pros for this one. Main con being that it'd be annoying if you constantly want to buy gear or upgrades that you'll have to wait for someone to let you do so via thumbs uping it and what not as well. As stated above as well, if you have pro players or friends who have knowledge on the game to just play with them as you have that option at all times.

I am going to have to give this a -1

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  19. Hey there! Admittedly I haven't spent too much time reading this thread, so I'm missing some of the core information but I get the main idea. I think this idea would work best in a scenario where there was an entirely different gamemode for this, thus "Ranked Cakewars."

I think this would be a good idea because players would still be welcome and allowed to play the original two gamemodes, but would also be given the opportunity to play with similar players of their level.

I think this could be done based of wins, and could either have a Duos or Standard mode.

Thanks for creating this idea! +1

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  20. Hello~~~

I personally don't like this idea, because it seperated the player base from a game that is already separates between duos and standard. A similar suggestion was mentioned about adding a new cake wars mode, but was denied due to it separating the player base even more.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.