• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10568 Players Online
  • 7678 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cake wars needs a new mode.

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Jayboi, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Jayboi

Jayboi
    x

For people like me who have 0 friends who play cakewars I constantly get annihilated by players in a party. My proposal to fixe this is either. No partys modes. Or a solo mode. So many players have asked for this and it still hasn't come. Hopefully mineplex doesn't just removed cake wars because of the complaints........ bye.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Koolkayd999 and Pulse Owned like this.
  2. I am definitely in support for a Solo mode!

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Legend998, Koolkayd999 and Paladise like this.
  3. I can tell you right now that as one of Mineplex's most popular gamemodes, Cake Wars is not going to be removed anytime soon. That would cause an uproar within the community and would not be the best course of action to take just because of a few complaints.

Anyways, about your idea. I personally would love to see a Solo mode, however it would probably need to replace Duos since adding it alongside Standard and Duos would split the playerbase way too thin. A ton of people have requested a Solo version, so hopefully we can see something like it in the future.

As for a no-party Cake Wars version, I'm not really sure I agree here. A ton of players play Cake Wars in a party and there would probably be a limited amount of players in this version. I understand your frustration with going up against parties, but unfortunately I don't believe much can be done about it.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
  4. Hey Jayboi!

Recently, a lot of people are suggesting the idea of a "Solo Cakewars Mode." To be fair, I haven't really been researching this idea so I don't know what Cakewars Solo is about. However, it could bring a new aspect of the game, trying to compete against others solo. In my opinion, it could sharpen the game sense and make a person more vigilant about their surroundings with other teams since they are a solo and don't have teammates to play defense. It would definitely be harder playing this gamemode, but a sense of risk, challenge, and fun also comes into the game as a competitive factor. However, I do think that this gamemode won't be coming any time soon. Anyways, this is only my vague opinion, as I am not confident about my knowledge of the specific gamemode. Anyways, you can always friend me on Mineplex! My in game name is Talahai, and you can always private message to add me on discord. I would love to play Cakewars with you! Anyways, thanks for your time reading this reply! See you soon!

Talahai

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Goldek likes this.
  5. Jayboi

Jayboi
    x

I was making fun of the fact they removed cs

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2020
  6. Hello <o/

I'm glad to see that a fellow player has realized Cake Wars current situation. I also believe that a solos gamemode or perhaps a ranked gamemode should be implemented. I go into further detail in my Reviving Cakewars thread: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/reviving-cake-wars.144507/

Posted Aug 5, 2020
  7. Jayboi

Jayboi
    x

I would love a ranked cakewars but not enough people would play it except toxic tryhards.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Legend998 likes this.
  8. Hey!
    First I wanna start off by adding onto what @xUmbreon said about Cake Wars not being removed. Cake Wars is currently Mineplex's most popular game, so I highly doubt they would ever remove this from the server due to bad feedback that can be fixed.
    Now for your idea on Cake Wars solo mode, I have a few opinions about this since I have seen this topic around quite often on the forums.
    I was first all for this idea, and I think it would be a beloved game mode for a lot of players that struggle with not being able to win because of mass parties and not having any friends online to play with. I personally would love to play a solo mode when my friends aren't online and I think this could be quite popular and interesting to learn. My only issue with this idea is that it would most likely mean one game mode would get removed which would most likely be duos. I am personally a huge duos player and prefer it much more over standard because I find it to be more competitive and more of a strategic game. I definitely would be extremely upset if they removed duos for a solos game mode just because of the amount of players so in this case, I would be against having a solo mode.
    With adding a solo mode as well, a lot of work would have to go into making this even though the concept is already developed. Some factors would be, how many solo players would be in each game? and how would the maps be, like standard, duos or something new? There's honestly just a lot to think about so I don't see this idea even getting implemented any time soon if it does get accepted to be honest.

As of right now, I definitely think that solos should get implemented eventually because it'd be quite popular in my opinion but I don't think it'd be necessary to remove duos and doing so would definitely make a lot of players mad, including myself. If they can work around the fact of removing another popular game mode for this new one, I would be all for this idea, but as of right now, I don't agree with it based on my game mode preference.

Here's also quite a few threads I have found over the past few months relating to this topic:
    Thread 1
    Thread 2
    Thread 3
    Thread 4
    Thread 5
    Thread 6

I've offered various opinions about this idea on these threads, but as I mentioned, I definitely have shifted opinions in a way. I definitely think if you're interested in reading up on this idea, these threads would be good to see a lot of other players views on this idea!

Posted Aug 5, 2020
  9. Jayboi

Jayboi
    x

If they removed duos for solos rn less people would be mad as much as they are rn about solo not being in

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2020
  10. Hey Jayboi!

I want to say that first of all that I was drawn to your post because, I agree, Cake Wars absolutely needs a new mode! As someone who plays Cake Wars 24/7, I am not sure if a solo mode would work well with the way the game is played right now. I think there would need to be tweaks to the villager-buy system with reductions in prices. As someone who has done 1v1v1v1's on my private Mineplex Player Servers, which I highly recommend looking into getting a rank to play on, they often times are messy/slow games. I like the speed of CW Standard and the strategy needed in CW Duos. I believe a ranked version might work out better, as the player base is quite large and many people would want to play in a ranked version. I will read into the threads about Cake Wars ranked versions once I finish this post, but I think something major that would have to be changed are the distances between islands and ender pearls. The game is slower when its every man for themselves on their own island as it takes time to build to middle. Also, the second you leave your base somebody can pearl and take your cake. So it becomes this sort of intense chess game.

My strategy for solos in Mineplex Player Servers is just to build over to the emerald beacons, save for seven emeralds, pearl to my neighbors base, and take their cake! I am interested to see if anyone else has any ideas on how a solo mode could be made fair and exciting. Thanks for posting about this idea, its a pretty cool one and you've got me thinking about different modes for Cake Wars!

Follow me on forums to keep up with my postings!

-Purpleblock :mineplex:

Posted Aug 9, 2020
  11. I agree I also was thinking that with the release of the netherite armor, Mineplex could create a "God" or "OP" game mode in which players can buy netherite armor and possibly continue enchanting with no max enchantment level

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  12. I am in favor of removing both modes and adding a 100v100 cakewars gamemode. This seems like it would do really well on the server.

Posted Aug 14, 2020
    vuroki, Rqckin and JAKE/// like this.
  13. Go back to HOG

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  14. i am unable to can

Posted Aug 14, 2020
    zytrus, vuroki, Rqckin and 1 other person like this.
  15. R1p

Posted Aug 14, 2020
    Rqckin and Zomaholic like this.
  16. We need a Solo mode. But keep parties because then you wouldn't be able to play with friends.

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  17. What does Solo Cakewars and Tottenham Hotspur's trophy cabinet have in common?

They won't fill up

Posted Aug 14, 2020
    avae and Pulse Owned like this.
  18. Perhaps there should be a concept where players are matched via stats but does not prohibit parties. I think that this would offer players with much fairer rivals and amateur players will not feel demoralized by other's superior talents and potentially quit but most likely give an opportunity to progress throughout time.

Posted Aug 18, 2020
  19. (With all Respects) This cannot work simply because netherite armor does not exist in 1.8 or before 1.16, if you've forgotten or is unacquainted with previous versions, the server is compatible with 1.8-1.16. Bypassing Max enchantment does seem Intriguing but fights would either last much longer or shorter than it should be based on mass armor disparity.

Posted Aug 18, 2020
  20. just because you dont have any friends doesnt mean others dont have friends, dont limit their ability to play in a party mode because youre jealous that they have a team to play with and that you dont know anyone on your team. if you want friends to play with, go actively find some. and if you keep getting annihilated, get better.

Posted Aug 18, 2020
    Jaborrie, zytrus and vuroki like this.