• 469 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2827 Players Online
  • 2358 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Cake Wars: Minioner

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Cupi, May 16, 2019.

1. Cost: 6000 Gems

The minioner spawns his mob for war!

Abilities:

Mob Spawning:

So the snow golems was suggested by @ClqssyOwl and the egg thing by @PapiKirito. In 30 seconds, you get a snow golem egg. The max number of golems is 2 When you activate it, a snow golem spawns and attack’s people.

Posted May 16, 2019,
    Last edited May 19, 2019
    Jaxxy and xOeuf like this.
  2. If this were to be implemented, what would be the cooldown for the spawn?

Posted May 16, 2019
  3. The life span is 30 seconds, and about cooldown... 1 minute

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 16, 2019
  4. This idea is pretty good, but the only issue I personally have, is the offence and defence. I think it might be a little confusing, especially with so many options to choose from. I’d like to see the offence, rather then defence. It’s more unique and stands out more, but that’s obviously my opinion. The gem cost of the kit is fair, I would also do it around that 6000 mark.

As for what DietSnow said, there should obviously be some sort of cool down, and you suggested a 1 minute one. 1 minute is decent, but I’d probably extend that to 1 and a half minutes. I’m also assuming that it won’t give an option when the specific team’s cake is gone or will it still be able to spawn? As a whole, it’s a solid idea, but this my input. A 1 from me, but only if it’s tweaked a bit more and I’d like to see a bit more information.

~Hiccuping

Posted May 16, 2019
    Cupi likes this.
  5. Ok ill chnage it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 16, 2019
  6. Hello!
    I like the idea a lot actually it would give another mob entity to help protect your cake. However I think it's confusing like other players said and would need to be broken down into either offense or defense and no other options. I also think the cooldown should be longer as other players have stated, but I think the cooldown would have to be at least 2 minutes if not a little more. Overall nice idea and I would love to see it in Cake Wars with some minor adjustments. +1

Posted May 16, 2019
    Cupi likes this.
  7. It doesnt defend but attacks enemy bases. Thats why its called offense mob.
    --- Post updated ---
    I changed it to offense mob

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 17, 2019
  8. Interesting idea. I'd say rather than make it automatically spawn at base, you get a spawn egg which you need to place to spawn it in. That way you can use it for whatever purpose you need (Offense, defense, some extra help at mid, ect.). Also would suggest that both the cool down be lowered and that the zombie be slightly buffed (perhaps like an eclipse zombie from clans). 2 minutes is super long for a cool down, and zombies are pretty much the easiest aggressive mob to kill. If it was just a basic zombie with that long of a cool down, I don't think anyone would use it or consider it viable.

edit: seeing other people wanting a longer cool down, but I think the cool down should largely depend on what stats the zombie has. A normal or even slightly buffed zombie is far too weak for a 1 or 2 minute cool down to be called for.

Posted May 17, 2019
  9. This idea intrigues me, but I think it would be better for defense. Most of the time when you rush towards a base, your teammates follow you, leaving the cake wide open. So I would think it would be better as a trap instead of a kit.

Posted May 17, 2019
  10. A 2 minute cooldown for a single regular zombie? Zombies are probably the easier hostile mobs to fight and 2 minutes is a very long time for such an easy mob to kill. This kit would have so much down time and have hardly any use for majority of the game.

Posted May 17, 2019
    PapiKirito and Cupi like this.
  11. Hello!

I wouldn't be completely opposed to this idea, but I'd rather have a mob defending my cake than helping me attack others. Having an automated mob attacking enemy bases would be fairly ineffective; it's pathfinding could easily be confused and, unless you gave the zombie very strong stats, it would be very easy to kill. Overall, having an offense-oriented zombie doesn't seem like a great idea for Cake Wars.

Now where I believe this could be a much more useful idea is if you adjusted this kit to allow for greater utilization in defense. Giving a designated player the ability to spawn in a golem, most preferably a snow golem, would provide an extra layer of defense and would be a realistic obstacle without being impossible to deal with.

I'd even like to take my commentary on your proposed changes one step further and suggest that you let players purchase iron golems with nether stars or emeralds. I think autonomy in defense when it comes to Cake Wars is an interesting facet of potential gameplay that I would love to see explored further, and this thread seems like a great step in the right direction.

Keep up the posts!

Posted May 17, 2019,
    Last edited May 18, 2019
    Cupi and CreepBro06 like this.
  12. Should we use Wither Sketons? They sprint and have an iron sword
    --- Post updated ---
    First off, what is the cooldown of the snow golem after it's killed? Second, if iron golems were purchasable, how much would they cost
    --- Post updated ---
    I added the egg thing, and there’s a snow golem, instead of a zombie to buff it and the cool down’s 1 minute.
    --- Post updated ---
    Updates for this thread: Reduced cool down to 1 minute instead of 2, replaced zombie with snow golem as suggested by @ClqssyOwl, and a snow golem egg suggested by @PapiKirito instead of the complicated offense thing.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 18, 2019
  13. Um I think you've been playing the wrong server if you think diamonds are a purchasing resource in cakewars.
    What stats/abilties should the snow golem have? Just a normal snowgolem is pretty useless.

Posted May 18, 2019
  14. Snow Golems shoot out snowballs, which can knock people into the void. And Im not trying to defend @ClqssyOwl, but he said diamonds or emeralds

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 18, 2019
  15. Perhaps a 30 second cooldown would be optimal; it would allow for rapid replenishing while avoiding spam and abuse of the golem.

Thanks for pointing out this error in my post; it's been edited to reflect this. Also, the standard snow golem is useful for Knockback purposes, but I wouldn't be opposed to allowing the golem's snowballs to do damage as well.

Posted May 18, 2019
    Cupi and PapiKirito like this.
  16. I would suggest that they do a little bit of damage as well, unless the amount of kb they do is super high. Builder would otherwise make this kit useless.

Posted May 18, 2019
    Cupi likes this.
  17. It's an egg now to make it less confusing. Also, Ill just summon @CreepBro06

I added a cooldown of 30 seconds for the egg, and I will also add an egg max of 2. Also, as you and @PapiKirito agreed on, the snow golems do 2 damage/1 heart, so it takes 10 hits to kill a player, but by then, they would probably be down the void.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 19, 2019
    CreepBro06 likes this.
  18. Snow golems = way too op when playing a void game like cake wars
    Mobs do not fit the style of cake wars as it is right now
    If you're going to suggest adding a completely game-changing aspect then please give more info.
    I'm giving a -1
    and no i don't feel bothered to create a good response, those are the points I would've made anyway

Posted May 19, 2019
  19. How is having a snowgolem too OP for cake wars when there are easy counters such as: blocks, deploy platforms, the builder kit, enderpearls, ect. As well as things already in the game such as Archer kit or the Kb swords that are far more likely to get you in the void than a snowgolem.
    This would not be completely game changing, it's just essentially adding a support kit, which I would argue is a perfect edition to a game that has pretty much 3 offensive kits and 1 defensive kit.
    And "doesn't fit the style" imo is just a lame argument in general. Practically every other version of this game has some sort of mob you can spawn, and even our own Skywars has zombies in the middle. I don't see how adding a kit that can spawn mobs would ruin or even negatively impact the game.

Posted May 19, 2019