• 2022 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4601 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Cake Wars Kit

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by BBoy2003, May 14, 2019.

1. Introducing: Kit adrenaline

Your years of running from threats has sharpened your quick thinking under pressure

When using adrenaline Kit, every time you are on another teams island (not middle island) recieve speed 1 and haste +1 haste level for 20 seconds (if the team has the haste 2 team upgrade already then it will become haste 3 for the user when the kit is activated.) After the 20 seconds has expired the player will recieve 30 seconds of slowness 1 or 2 of exhaustion. When exhaustion ends the kit can be used again.

If you are on another teams island and they don’t have a cake or the team is eliminated then the kit will not trigger and not give speed or haste to prevent end game fleeing all game.

As well add the “Fight Then Flight” passive ability where after you kill a player you will get speed 1 no matter where you are.

This kit is useful for people who love to go for cakes and offers a new experience and angle to play the game offering players either a quick escape in case their plans didn’t work out or the ablility to get to the cake faster and make a quick getaway. While also adding the exhaustion so it’s possible to catch up to them if they fail to get to a safe spot before their speed runs out. (Mainly for balancing and realism) obviously this kit could use some tweaks but I hope I put the ground work down for a cool kit idea.

Huge thanks to @Jkaebub For suggesting the Fight Then Flight idea as well as the “if a team has no cake or is eliminated then don’t activate the kit” idea.

Posted May 14, 2019,
    Last edited May 14, 2019
  2. I like this idea! I love how the kit is balanced and would still be useful. There isn't a kit in the game right now that is for going for cakes so this would work out well. I have a few suggestions to make for this kit, though.

Remove the ability whenever you're on an eliminated team's island or their cake is eaten
    This is because it could get quite annoying if you're at the end of the game and you are camping at another team's base and you happen to get slowness because you stay there too long. It wouldn't make sense in real life to have adrenaline if it's an empty base.

Speed 1 on kill for 10 seconds
    This kit needs another ability, so I came up with one called Fight, then Flight. This simply gives the player your "Adrenaline" (minus the haste) after they kill a player. This cannot stack, but it just resets to 10 seconds whenever you kill a player. This would be great if you had a tough fight and are low on HP, so you can just run away. This is also a great counter to Frosting and would end everyone's complaining about how Frosting is "OP".

The existing ability is rather weak compared to what other kits have and making it only for islands with their cakes would keep it balanced but useful in some situations. Adding the Fight, then Flight ability would make the kit useful all of the time and not just for eating cakes or invading bases.

Huge +1 to this idea!

Posted May 14, 2019
  3. I definitely agree with this idea! I’ll add it to the main post :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 14, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  4. Hey. I personally don't like this kit for a few reasons. Getting speed in this game makes it much easier to fight and kill players and I don't think a kit should give players speed. Next, the speed and haste might not be needed so players will be getting slowness for no reason which will get annoying. Keeping the slowness makes the kit annoying to play and swingy, but removing it would make it OP. The "Fight then Flight" ability is interesting but I don't think people would pick it over Warrior (since Warrior has a similar ability.) I don't have any ideas on how to fix it but I'll let you know if I think of any. Good luck.

Posted May 14, 2019
  5. I mean, fighting someone with the Frosting kit is basically the same thing, considering both kits would affect your movement speed. Yes, Speed I does increase affect your movement more (+20% from Speed I as compared to -15% from Slowness I), but very minimally so. I can't really argue the point about the slowness being annoying, I disagree with the exhaustion point anyways.
    --- Post updated ---
    Disagree with this, I think that the passive ability should provide Speed II. It might be a bit broken, but from how this kit is already I'm expecting it to be the new meta if it is implemented. It's a cool idea, I'll give you that, and I've been looking for a kit to replace Frosting for a long time. Would also recommend a name change, I'm reminded of the OP Cake Wars from a couple of months ago, known as Sugar Rush mode, maybe the new kit could be called that?
    Edit: forgot to give my rating, +1 from me, I really think this is a cool idea that should absolutely be implemented. Cake Wars Java has had the same kits for a while, It'd be nice to see a change.

Posted May 14, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  6. I think this should be added. +1

Posted May 15, 2019
  7. I like this idea. Normally, I'd nix any idea with a speed boost, but I think the drawback of the kit makes it pretty balanced. This would also add a new style of play, as 3/4 of the existing kits are focused on PvP abilities. However, one thing I would like to point out is that someone using this could keep farming kills off people spawning and the passive would stop them from ever losing speed, which I think should be addressed. I think it would be better if the passive doesn't work on enemy islands, or if it was removed altogether.

Another suggestion, 20 and 30 seconds are a pretty long time in mini-games, especially for durations, I would slash that to 10 and 15 or something similar.

Posted May 15, 2019
  8. Thanks for taking the time to write this thread, unfortunately our Game Insights team has denied this idea. They feel as it is too complex for the game. If you have any questions regarding this denial feel free to message me. I will leave this thread open for further discussion however I will be marking it as "Not Planned".

Not Planned

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  9. This is a good idea but what is the price?
    Also I think it should have some items and it might not be worth it depending what the price is so I’ll be giving this idea a +0.5

Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 10, 2019