• 452 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3031 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Cake Wars Kit: Visioneer/X-Ray

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by InfuiBoom, Nov 30, 2019.

?

Is the Visioneer Kit a good idea?

1. YES! STRAIGHT AWAY!

2. Yes, pretty decent idea.

3. No, won't do much.

4. No, it's too OP.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hey guys, I have a CW kit idea that is named X-Ray Vision, or Visioneer. Visioneer is a kit that allows the player that has the kit equipped to see through any block in the game for a temporary amount of time (around 10 seconds). If a team has their base very developed with blocks, the Visioneer kit can show how many blocks of length the last layer is from the cake. For example: if the cake is guarded with 3 layers of wool, the Visioneer kit will tell you that. This will also be very helpful if you do not know what blocks a team has defended their cake with, sometimes I am unsure at the beginning of the game if a team has 2 layers of wool surrounding the cake or 1 layer of wool on the outside and 1 layer of end-stone on the inside part. The kit can be turned off at any time, the minimum amount of time to use it is 2.5 seconds and the maximum is around 10 seconds. Visioneer also tells you what kind of block you are looking at if you are unsure of what block you may be looking at, a bonus is that it tells you the recommended tool to break the block with. This add-on is basically for the noobs. (:

You cannot buy the Visioneer for one time in the shop, instead, you must buy it as a kit. The cost of the kit would range from 6000-8000 gems.

But there are a few flaws of this kit, the first flaw is that you must wait for at least 30 seconds to use the kit again. The next flaw is that this kit may be too hard for the build-team too make, but hopefully there can be an under simplified version that sums up what I explained before. Anyways, I hope that this kit idea will be added into the game. :mineplex:
    --- Post updated ---
    I only meant that this sentence is an add-on

EDIT: The kit could also tell you how many bites of cake is left to the base you are targeting.

Posted Nov 30, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 30, 2019
  2. Heyo!

Your concept is good, a kit like that is interesting but it also doesn't serve a good use in Cake Wars. Additionally, finding out the layers of your enemy's cake is really not a hard thing to do. A simple trick I like to do just e pearl when a couple of a team members are at their island and dig in their layers to see what they got. A simple trick like that shows that you don't need a kit to figure out what your enemies are protecting their cake with. Also, what you said at the end "Visioneer also tells you what kind of block you are looking...block with", this just isn't necessary. Lastly, if this were to become a kit, it needs to have more to the kit.

Visioneer:
    - Ability to see layers of blocks around enemy cakes
    - Reduced cost of wood and endstone and obsidian

Posted Nov 30, 2019
    kim_crazy and InfuiBoom like this.
  3. Right, this idea is also great. But the kit already has the ability to see layers of blocks around enemy cakes. Sorry if it was unclear.

Thanks, Infui.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 30, 2019
    Bossitiveplays likes this.
  4. It seems an interesting idea, but how would it actually show how many layers of wool/obsidian/whatever there are? Would it work that when activating the effect, you select a team base, and then it shows you the teams base's layers in the hotbar? Like this:

Team Blue has their cake surrounded by one layer of obsidian and 2 layers of wool, so in the first slot in the hotbar there would be obsidian, and in the second and third slots there would be wool.

It seems rather complex to make, but not impossible if more people are interested. Thumbs up from me :D

Posted Nov 30, 2019
    InfuiBoom and kim_crazy like this.
  5. Actually I never thought of that, when you go to look at an enemy bases cake it would open up a double chest gui and show the blocks around it in a cake looking something like this:

Block
    Block Block Cake Block Block

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  6. There will be some kind of easy-to-see GUI that tells you and shows you the blocks. The chest idea is another possibility, the outer-most layer could bee the block to the far right for example.

OP OP
  7. We're making progress, but why do you feel like this kit will be strong enough to rival the Builder or Frosting kits, in terms of usefulness @InfuiBoom?

Posted Nov 30, 2019
    InfuiBoom likes this.
  8. This kit does need tweaks @KerbalBoy, I'm actually still debating if it could be free or 6000 gems. Maybe adding in how many bites a cake has left?

OP OP
    Bossitiveplays likes this.
  9. It might be free with the current features, or cost gems with the possibility of viewing one particular player's inventory? I'm not too sure about that myself, but it could work I guess

Posted Nov 30, 2019
    InfuiBoom likes this.
  10. I think you can already make out what is in a player's inventory, maybe not in cake rot though. If this idea is added than it probably shouldn't be free.

OP OP
  11. So, to recap:
    The kit lets you see all of a bases defences. Would this include traps?
    It would either be a free kit or a gem kit.
    If it's a gem kit, there may be an ability to see other people's inventories. Would you search one players inventory for all items, or search everyone's inventory for one item, like searching the entire game to see if someone has a diamond pick?

Posted Nov 30, 2019
    InfuiBoom likes this.
  12. 1. Yes, it would include traps.
    2. Correct.
    3. I do not think the inventory idea should be added, sorry.

OP OP
  13. xD Don't worry about (3) I wasn't sure about it myself. But how would this be balanced with Builder for instance? There's a strategy for Builder, what would the strategy be for Visioneer?

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  14. Hi!

I don't think this is necessary.

This would obviously make the game much easier to play. Seeing what layers of cake someone has, it would be way too easy. Say you had 1 layer of Obsidian and 1 layer of Wool. Well, they will come prepared with a diamond pickaxe and sheers. Also, this would be confusing for staff members to catch hackers. There is a hack called X-Ray, which is not really common in Mineplex, but people could still use it.
    Overall, this would not be a very good idea.

Have a good rest of your day/night!

Posted Dec 1, 2019
    InfuiBoom likes this.
  15. Xray isn't a very big hack, and frankly, most teams that put obsidian around their cake uncover the obsidian in the end...

Posted Dec 1, 2019
    InfuiBoom likes this.
  16. I don't think this is really a good idea. I mean, one point in defending your cake is by hiding better blocks. With this kit, the players could easily see what all they need and come back instead of just figuring it out the classic way. Lets say i have my cake surrounded by obsidian, then endstone, then wool. A person from another team would come by with their hand and try to eat my cake. But, once they get past the wool they find endstone. They then go back to their base and purchase an iron pickaxe. They mine through the endstone to find obsisian, which means they go back to their base and try to purchase a diamond pickaxe. Then they finally come over one more time and destroy the obsidian and eat my cake. This makes it challenging and a fun guessing game.
    The x-ray kit would get rid of that. In fact, it would give your team less of a chance of survival. I just say its not a good kit.

Posted Dec 1, 2019
  17. You see, in Java Edition we tend to not have a lot of layers om our cake because you can e pearl when the enemy isnt looking and completely eat their cake before they realize where you are.

Posted Dec 1, 2019
  18. The same happens on bedrock, except later game.

Posted Dec 1, 2019
    InfuiBoom likes this.
  19. Heyo,

I'll be marking this idea as "Not Planned" as we don't plan on adding any type of kit that can replicate what a hack does. It gives leeway for hackers to use the excuse "Oh I'm using the blank kit that lets me do that." Feel free to message me with any questions or concerns about the denial. Thanks for taking the time to suggest it though!

Posted Dec 1, 2019
    InfuiBoom likes this.