• 462 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5508 Players Online
  • 5046 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cake Wars: Implement a Hotbar editor.

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by IlliterateMan, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Title is pretty self-explanatory. In a game where you lose everything upon death and have to buy your items all over again, I think it would be a great quality-of-life addition for you to have the option to decide where items will spawn in your hotbar when you buy them, or when your kit gives them to you. For example, my muscle memory is geared towards platforms in slot 3, and blocks in slot 9, but when I run builder, I find myself running out of platforms, and when more spawn in, I hotkey to slot 3 when they're in slot 2.

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  2. Hey!

This is something that I've thought about too as I've had many situations happen where my wool blocks and my platforms switch places and I'm trying to counter bridge to push, but struggle to do so when my platforms are in hotbar 2 instead of being in 3. For the same reason; muscle memory makes me want to press 3 for my plats, not 2.

Only reason I don't see this being implemented though is because it's not a big deal, really. If the discussion is simply just because of the platforms, then a good counter argument would be you can manually move them to wherever you want when they spawn into your hotbar.

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  3. Interesting QoL suggestion. I feel like a system similar to Gladiator's hotbar editor could be possible to implement. I don't personally find myself often in a situation where I am frustrated that I have to swap my items on places I prefer to have them at, but I don't play cakewars really that often so it just might be me.

If it's something people really want, then I don't see why not as then again it's just a QoL change and those never hurt that often.

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  4. hi! i love this idea and i think it is totally innovative. i could totally see this being added in the future for people who dont like to hotkey and such but yeah its a great idea i like it :D

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  5. the purpose of it is for people who hotkey lol

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  6. Heyyo thanks for the suggestion!

I do always time to time think about this implementation. I like my hotbar a certain way, especially when buying gaps,ender pearls,and tools. As Klobby said, something similar to Gladiators doesn't seem to much to ask. Anything to make the hotbar be edited would be pretty cool and interesting addition to add to Cake Wars.
    Good luck with your post :D!
    <3

Posted Sep 30, 2020