• 1522 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8115 Players Online
  • 6593 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Cake Wars Idea

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Zenve, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
?

Should we introduce this?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hi,
    A lot of people are complaining about the 5 glitch and about creating "Ranked Cake Wars".
    I had the thought of creating a 2 team game of Cake Wars. It would include a 8 Team VS a 8 Team.
    This would mean that if you wanted to have a good game, with lots of people you could go in a party of 8 to play against another party of 8.
    8 is just a number I though of but it could be 5, 6, 7, or more. This would likely stop people from 5 glitching as they could play big amounts of team cake wars. This would mean more beacons. This game seems impossible to attack as 8 people are defending. My Idea is that you have 2 cakes as you can not guard in the same place as you would need to check on both to give the other team a chance. This kind of will resolve the "Ranked Cake Wars" argument as teams who think they are good enough will only play as the other elite players would play in their big numbers. I think many people would love this for these reasons: People won't 5 glitch, its kind of Ranked and its a new way of fun. If this was implemented then this would solve those arguments.
    Thanks, Venez_
    Please Comment for feedback

Posted Apr 2, 2020
  2. Hey there!
    I think that the idea of having a ranked game would be splendid. However, I'd like to begin by mentioning that ranked games haven't been a major topic at hand, but I'm sure many players are eager to begin advancing to many other challenges rather than just sticking to classical games. Perhaps this being set for a special event? I'd like to see this considered as a challenge or contest rather than a monthly thing. I'm sure it'll attract more players. Ranked games are definitely an interesting topic though and I'd like to see more information about ranked games as a whole from the community. More ideas obviously help!

Seeing as it would better fit an event-styled setting, I'd like to hear some of your feedback to work alongside that idea. Otherwise, very nicely structured thread. I like the idea of having two 8 teams, but I'd rather see a 4v4v4v4 game like we'd expect a normal cake wars game to have. It would certainly help practicing and familiarity. [​IMG]

Posted Apr 2, 2020
  3. Hey!
    As @Tours mentioned, I find the idea of a ranked Cake Wars gamemode very intriguing. I like the idea of a more competitive Cake Wars mode, however I don't feel that a permanent mode would be the key to doing this. I feel that this would be much better as an event, something like the Clash of Cakes from 2019. This way it would draw an immediate player base without permanently drawing away from the standard Cake Wars modes. I also like the idea of a ranked Cake Wars being an event because that way the highest ranking players could receive prizes for their hard work! This would be much like the Clash of Cakes particles from the 2019 Clash of Cakes event.

The only issue I have with this idea, is that I don't feel that adding another mode would prevent 5 person teams for the time being. Although this is only a temporary issue, as @Marhzy stated on this thread: "The 16 player cap were removed (somehow) a while ago but it will be re-introduced in the next CW update."
    Until this is fixed, I feel that players would still 5 stack teams to get a slight advantage over other teams.

Overall, I think this is a super interesting idea, and I'd love to see some ranked Cake Wars tournaments or events some time in the future! +0.5 from me.

Posted Apr 2, 2020
  4. Posted Apr 2, 2020
  5. Hello,

As always I'll start with a spoiler of the OP to give people an idea of what I'm responding to.

Hi,

A lot of people are complaining about the 5 glitch and about creating "Ranked Cake Wars".
    I had the thought of creating a 2 team game of Cake Wars. It would include a 8 Team VS a 8 Team.
    This would mean that if you wanted to have a good game, with lots of people you could go in a party of 8 to play against another party of 8.

8 is just a number I though of but it could be 5, 6, 7, or more. This would likely stop people from 5 glitching as they could play big amounts of team cake wars. This would mean more beacons. This game seems impossible to attack as 8 people are defending. My Idea is that you have 2 cakes as you can not guard in the same place as you would need to check on both to give the other team a chance. This kind of will resolve the "Ranked Cake Wars" argument as teams who think they are good enough will only play as the other elite players would play in their big numbers. I think many people would love this for these reasons: People won't 5 glitch, its kind of Ranked and its a new way of fun. If this was implemented then this would solve those arguments.

Thanks, Venez_
    Please Comment for feedback

The 5-player glitch in cake wars is in fact not a glitch at all, but rather a feature of the party system to keep party members together on a team. However, this very intended feature is used both purposefully and accidentally to force teams of 5 into a full server. There are a number of suggested fixes for it, and from what I understand the development team has a pretty solid idea of how they're going to approach the problem. At any rate, let's get to the suggestion at hand.

Your suggestion is for an 8v8 (16 player) game-mode, and while the reasoning for it might not be necessary, I'd still like to give my feedback on the merit of the suggestion itself. There are a number of issues with an 8v8 game. The main ones I can see are in two parts. Firstly, maps would need to be designed specifically for this game-mode. There are no current maps that can support an 8v8 game.

It would split up the CW community. Cake Wars is a game that is very strong in players and activity right now, and ideally it would stay that way. The problem with adding new variations (8v8, 5v5, etc) is that it splits up the community between games. If there aren't enough players to support all the game-modes individually, they tend to die. I'll put this into numbers for an example.

Say you have 100 players. A game-mode needs an arbitrary number, 50 players to stay alive. If you have the game-mode split into Solos and Duos, each gets 50. Both can survive. However, if you add a trios mode, now each game is getting 33 players, and don't meet that 50 player quota. All games start to die out in players, even though collectively they have much more than the 50 required players. This is the effect that we're trying to avoid with CW, and is why a recent GI poll on a "solos" game-mode hasn't worked out well either. It's very hard to support more than two variations of a game-mode, plain 'n simple.

While I commend you for the idea, I don't believe it's viable in Mineplex's currently climate, or in general. It's important to note that 8v8 games are possible in MPS with team balancing off and a CW4 game. In fact, the CWCL (Cake Wars Competitive League) uses this for comp games. Two teams against each other, with 4 on each team.

To conclude, I do not personally support this idea, however commend you for taking the time to post it anyways.

Regards,
    Isaac.

Posted Apr 2, 2020
  6. Hi! So, this does seem like quite an interesting idea to me, however I do have a few reservations. Firstly, the idea of solo Cake Wars has been gaining traction lately, and if we added two new CW game modes (8v8 and solo), it would split the player base a lot, which would cause numerous problems. I also don't necessarily think that this is the best solution to 5 stacking - I think there are others ways we could solve that problem without adding a whole new game mode that could split the player base of Cake Wars.

I also don't really know the logistics of giving each team two cakes. Would the cakes be placed right next to each other, or quite far away essentially splitting up the two teams? If they're placed next to each other, it kind of defeats the purpose of having two cakes in the first place, but if you place them too far away from each other, it splits the team up too much. I guess it would have to be worked out how far away the cakes should be placed from each other, but I think it could cause problems if the cakes are too close or too far away.

Overall, I think this is quite an interesting idea, and if executed right could make quite a good game mode, but could also split the player base and have a few logistical problems.

Posted Apr 2, 2020
  7. I was thinking that the cakes be on either side of the island.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 6, 2020
  8. Hey there, I support your idea, and I really do like it, however I disagree about one thing - joining in parties.
    I feel like if it's ranked, you shouldn't be able to join in parties as it's not fair to the opposing team, imagine this:

A party of 8 premade people are joining a game against 2 parties of 2 people and the rest are the people who joined themselves to gain rating, it really wouldn't be fair in my opinion. *(I may have misunderstood you on this one, you said the parties of 8/7/6 would only face parties of 8/7/6 but I feel like not a lot of these would be able to be created, so I'm sticking to disabling parties in this, and at some point you'll also want to gain rating and climb to the top however you won't always have 5 other people online to play with).*

I really like the idea of the 8v8 ranked cake wars though, it really sounds like a fun addition to the game, but as I said, I feel like joining in parties should be disabled for this game mode.
    I also want to point out that Mineplex is probably going to replace the duo mode with the solo one, and I feel like the main cake wars main gamemode, which is 4v4v4v4, a solo one, and a ranked one would be too much and not a lot of games would start, my suggestion would be to add the ranked 8v8 instead of the solo mode, however it's just an idea and I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Overall, amazing idea, I'll definitely be a +1 if you agreed to disable parties, if not, I'm a 0.
    Thank you very much for the idea :)

Posted Apr 6, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 6, 2020
  9. Hey there! This idea does seem great. Ranked Cake wars caught my attention right as you said that, and when you went into more described it more, I got interested, I think this should be added cause so good people can go against good, bad can go against bad, but I don't like how it is "8v8", I would suggest 3v3, 4v4, Or solo.

Otherwise +1

Posted Apr 6, 2020
  10. Hey,

This is a fascinating idea, although many people who five stack in standard, five stack to get wins faster and easier for that game mode (trying to raise stats). If they did come out with a "Ranked Cake Wars," I would say to create new stats and leaderboards for that game mode since it shouldn't be connected to standard for obvious reasons. In my opinion, this idea isn't solving the five stack case; this is just a cool idea for a new game mode. A more popular game mode I've heard about is Solo Cakewars, if it were between these two options, I would probably say Solo Cake Wars. If both versions, Ranked Cake wars and Solo got released, some game modes might have trouble filling at different times of the day due to players joining different modes.

Anyways, that's just my view of this! I'd like to know what everyone else thinks about this idea? :)

Posted Apr 9, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 9, 2020