• 818 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2936 Players Online
  • 2118 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion cake wars idea (please click)

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by ImposterK, Jun 8, 2019.

?

You like this idea?

1. Yes

2. No (please tell me why)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. This Idea Is REALLY Great, I Love It. :D

Posted Jun 10, 2019
    ImposterK likes this.
  2. There are different ways to go about it. Personally, I think that if a player was to walk 30 or so blocks away from the block they spawned on then it should be taken away. It's called spawn protection for a reason, and by that stage they're not really in spawn anymore.

Posted Jun 10, 2019
    ImposterK likes this.
  3. I get what you're saying; however, with the idea you suggested, players would be losing their spawn protection sooner on one side of the map since the player spawns are not directly in the middle of the island. I do think the ideas could work together though...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 10, 2019
    xLeopard likes this.
  4. I do not support this idea; respawned players should have the advantage being able to knock players into the void...as they are usually (unless holding a rune), wearing only leather armour and holding only a wooden sword.

Furthermore I am doubtful that spawn protection lasts long enough for one to run to a side beacon and still be invulnerable, they might just about get there as it wears off.

Posted Jun 10, 2019
    ImposterK likes this.
  5. With my original idea, players will still be able to knock others into the void. The difference is that with my idea, the enemy player will be able to see that they have spawn protection so they know not to blindly attack.

OP OP
  6. That doesn't really matter though. Again, it's called spawn protection, not entire team island protection. So long as the actual spawn location is protected I feel like that would suffice. Additionally, depending on the radius, a lot of the island would be covered anyway. It doesn't make a huge difference if 5 blocks from the edge of the island don't count.

Posted Jun 10, 2019
  7. What I am saying does matter because players should be able to see when and (for your suggestion) where others do and do not have spawn protection.

OP OP
  8. Hey, there!

I feel as you have a great suggestion here, and I'd love to see this be implanted. I feel as if this is a simple idea though very helpful, and I certainly had situations where I've gotten thrown into a void by a player who had spawn protection. I have a suggestion of my own: there should be a timer next to the, "Protected," giving the enemy a specific time on when he / she is eligible to attack that player. The color red would be excellent for this type of situation because red symbolizes warnings most of the time. Overall, interesting idea, I'd love to see this added, huge +1 to this! Keep coming up with great suggestions.

Posted Jun 10, 2019
    ImposterK likes this.
  9. Hello!
    I think this would be a great idea for Cake Wars! I often see this as a problem as well, especially if you just mined a teams cake and they run out of spawn and you do not know when you can hit them. It would be really helpful to see clearly and exactly when you are able to hit them and when you can't I do not see any downsides to this idea, as the label would only last for the few seconds that the player is invincible. Definitely a +1 from me, nice idea!

Posted Jun 10, 2019
    ATruePitato and ImposterK like this.
  10. If they know where players spawn it shouldn't be hard to gauge roughly where spawn protection ends if they're aware of the radius.

Posted Jun 10, 2019
  11. The exact location of when players do and do not have spawn protection is important. People shouldn't have to take a guess as to where it is.

OP OP
  12. the code is the same for every map? the data points are completely dependant on where the map creator puts it, and the code reads that and interprets it the same no matter what map it is...

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  13. It would be consistent, they wouldn't have to be guessing once they know the maps and where it ends.

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  14. Yes. But what I'm saying is that every map is different. That is why it wouldn't work.
    --- Post updated ---
    It's unrealistic to assume that the majority of players are going to spend time doing that for every map.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 11, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  15. Hey there!

I definitely see the arguments to why this should be added, and for the most part I agree with it. It would be very helpful to keep track on what players to look out for in certain situations. Nice job! :)

Posted Jun 11, 2019
    ImposterK likes this.
  16. Sure, the majority probably won't, but the dedicated bunch would. I haven't even heard a lot of players complain about not knowing who does and doesn't have spawn protection anyway, so I don't think this issue particularly matters to a majority of players to begin with.

Posted Jun 11, 2019
    ImposterK likes this.
  17. Hey!

I think this would be a wonderful idea! From experience the exact thing has been said, knocked into the void without knowing it ran out. I think this would overall help cakewars and the players!

Posted Jun 11, 2019
    ImposterK likes this.
  18. I see people getting hit off the edge when other people have spawn protection a lot. I wouldn't have created this post if I didn't think it was a problem for the majority of people.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 11, 2019
  19. As someone who actually did play cake wars quite a bit a while back, I think your assessment of the abuse of spawn protections as a non-issue is a bit inaccurate. Not only does the lack of a tag showing spawn protection make it easy to get knocked off and confuse players, but if you try to test whether they have spawn protection by hitting, you often end up losing your sprint and losing some time.

Even if this isn't an issue at all for the majority of players, there is zero harm in adding a tag like this. At the very least it makes the server look more professional and the mechanics easier to understand. The main issue with the player base on mineplex is the inaccessibility to newer players. Sometimes obscure features like the spawn protection are written off as bugs by people new to the server.

Your proposal of adding a radius for spawn protection almost ruins the point. The best use of the feature is so that players can still have a chance at surviving even if their cake is eaten by allowing them to run to nearby islands. Especially in public games, it's difficult to be able to protect your cake alone. With spawn protection based on time, it allows experienced players to play more aggressively and newer players to not get discouraged by losing too quickly.

Posted Jun 11, 2019
    ImposterK likes this.