• 254 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1193 Players Online
  • 939 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Cake Wars: Escaper

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Cupi, May 15, 2019.

1. This is Bedrock as it does not require snowballs.

This is an Achievement Kit!!!

Abilities:

Run Away:

If an enemy is about 4 blocks close to you, you get Speed 2.

Posted May 15, 2019,
    Last edited May 19, 2019 at 8:27 AM
  2. Heyo!

I personally do like the idea of Force Field but I suggest adding this so it's only for nearby enemies. I also like the concept with Mini Warper and yes I can see this as underpowered however Gwen might kick a player out with this kit for suspicious movement. Maybe changing this to 2-3 blocks might fix up the issue. For now I'm neutral.

Posted May 15, 2019
  3. Okay, I changed it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2019
  4. Glad you're back! Like always this would benefit me (and others) loads so 1+

Posted May 15, 2019
  5. There’s already the frosting kit, which does the job a lot better. Adding mobility abilities into a game could possibly change the balance of game a lot so I’m not sure if the warping ability would be balanced. Without testing I’m not sure how it would play out, but it could possibly lead to a big enough mobility advantage or making hardly a difference at all.

Also make sure to add duration/cooldown values in your threads.

If you’re suggesting this for Bedrock, this could possibly work. Knockback is weird there so I’m not sure how much of a disadvantage slowness is.

Posted May 15, 2019
  6. I added durations and cooldowns and his is for Bedrock

OP OP
  7. I added that after @leo_thya said that

OP OP
  8. 10 seconds of slowness seems a little bazaar, with essentially a 10 second cooldown. Perhaps 4 seconds.

Posted May 15, 2019
    Combativeness/xWorpp likes this.
  9. 4 secs for what? Cooldown, duration, or both?

OP OP
  10. I like the idea of the forcefield kit, but I'm not sure if having it as a whole kit would fit the balance of the game. For me the mini-warper thing I don't think it would work very well, imo. It would just upset the balance overall. And having them combined, I'm not too sure how that would pan out.
    Not too familiar with how things work on Bedrock, but this is just my opinion concerning Cakewars as a whole. I know it can be harder to move around on bedrock anyway, simply because some people play with phones/controllers, so I'm not sure the overall effect a forcefield-type kit would work.
    Maybe some kind of effect that would "pin" a player down to allow you to escape, perhaps with an arrow? Shooting someone with an arrow after clicking (or equivalent terminology for bedrock) would "pin" them and prevent them from chasing you. Just an idea off the top of my head, though.

Posted May 15, 2019
  11. Im still confused on what pinning is though. Ill remove warp though

OP OP
  12. Oh my... you changed it so that the “forcefeild” ability essentially has no cooldown. The 4 seconds was for the duration of the slowness. And for advanced notice, Mineplex’ cooldown starts as soon as an ability is used. Not sure if it’s like that for Bedrock though.

Posted May 15, 2019
  13. I did add a cooldown, and its 4 seconds for the forcefield

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 16, 2019
  14. The “Escaper” kit is essentially a getaway kit from opposing enemies and teams in the game during times of concern, interesting nonetheless. The duration of the slowness effect is 4 seconds and the cooldown to use the ability again is 10 seconds, but what is the effect level of slowness and how would you really use the ability on another user?
    @Bunni’s idea of a pinned arrow for the usage of the Escaper kit’s slowness effect derives from Java Champions Ranger kit ability called ‘Pin Down’ where you would left click a bow to charge the ability and shooting an arrow gives slowness 4 to the user hit for 5-8 seconds depending on the skill level of the ability. It also sounds like the ‘Cub Tackle’ ability from the Wolf kit in Super Smash Mobs on Java, where the wolf cub would prevent the user from moving forward unless they jump rapidly, basically making the user affected become immobilized for 5 seconds.

This kit idea seems pretty debatable due to the different devices users play on.
    On the supporting side, one could say this kit would be beneficial for users not using Windows 10 since they have a chance to slow down an enemy and avoid any sort of action.
    While on the opposing side, Windows 10 users would be fine having a slowness effect but people using mobile to play would probably have a harder time with mobility since it’s not very known to be jumping while running as it’s harder for mobile users to do multiple actions while playing a PvP gamemode.

Overall, I’m neutral for this kit idea until some more changes and additions are perhaps made. 0

Posted May 16, 2019
    bedrockbestrock likes this.
  15. Hello hello!

I'm not normally open to new kits, but this one sticks out to me as an actually unique concept that has the potential to add depth to the game. I'm not sure if I agree with your proposed implementation of this concept, but I'm definitely a fan of the "force field" device. I'd actually really like to see this implemented as an achievement kit, but I'd suggest you change enemies getting too close to the user receiving Slowness to the user receiving Speed (Speed 2?) if enemies get too close; that would allow you to avoid team fights and would accomplish the same overarching goal without crippling your opponent.

Well written post; keep it up!

Posted May 16, 2019
  16. EDIT: So I do like @ClqssyOwl 's idea , THOUGH, even if I have speed two people can still hit me while I'm running away from them, so I'd recommend changing it to:
    you get speed 1 if an enemy is close
    The enemy that is close gets slowness 1
    Just so you can run away without them giving chase easily.
    Still a 1+ tho!!!

Posted May 16, 2019
    Cupi likes this.
  17. Okay, I did that!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 19, 2019 at 8:28 AM
  18. It seems the general ideas within this thread are constantly changing, so I’ll comment on what is there now.

“If an enemy is about 4 blocks close to you, you get Speed 2.”

Personally, I don’t play much Bedrock Cake Wars, or on that platform in general. Originally, this idea stood out to me in a negative light, as I’m not usually open to new kits, or the idea of them in general. Then I had to think and remember this is Bedrock, where new strategies and kits *need* to be introduced to help fuel the game. Honestly, I think this would be a pretty cool kit. It allows you to escape sticky situations, but it’s not extremely overpowered. People can still combat this, and it’s easily combatted if you play against this kit strategically. I’m a huge fan of this, and look forward to seeinf what more people need to say about the kit.

Posted May 19, 2019 at 8:39 AM
  19. Hello!

I actually am interested in this kit idea. It sounds like people would actually use this and I wouldn't see a problem with adding it into the game. Adding particles or something when the players have speed might not be a bad idea either! My only suggestion would be making the Speed II to Speed I and increasing the time by 2 seconds because Speed II is kind of overpowered, especially with Mineplex Knockback and the fact that Cake Wars is a void game. I'll forward this over to game insights and see what they think.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted May 19, 2019 at 9:13 AM
  20. This seems pretty fine for Bedrock, but what is the duration? Cooldown?

Posted May 19, 2019 at 9:22 AM