• 3235 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11673 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Cake Wars: Arrow Price

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by bellinghamster, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Sorry, I feel like arrows should be harder to get because they usually tend to fit in near the end of the game.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  2. Hey there!
    Cake Wars' shop deals specifically with items that upgrades the overall gameplay. Seeing how bows and arrows have a huge impact on that, I think that decreasing the price would not be the best option. Cake Wars relies on multiple "themes" of combat and the void and knockback are defintitely one of them. Decreasing the price of arrows would simply allow players to get arrows early and would actually make the game much more harder.

The current layout of which bows and arrows are priced at works perfectly fine. Once players have gotten enough nether stars for upgrades, usually getting the maximum tier for the resource generator gives way more than enough bricks which will definitely satisfy the need for arrows. I think arrows in game overall aren't necessary early game and would definitely be a source of disturbance while players try and gather emeralds and etc. I wouldn't really like to get hit off early game while building to an island and I'm sure many others wouldn't appreciate it.

I think that I see where your idea was headed but I definitely think that the current price is reasonable and doesn't ask for much. Early game cake wars itself is pretty void of any combat and so encouraging any arrows in game would completely change the combat system of cake wars in my opinion. So unfortunately, I'd have to disagree with your idea but I'd love to hear more of your thoughts! [​IMG]

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  3. 12 is too much but 6 is wayyy to low. Perhaps 10 or even 9.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  4. The cost of buying the arrows is 12 bricks. Why do you want to lower the price down? If they lower from 12 to 6, they can easily grab the arrows from the shop, and spamming the arrows in-game. It’s annoying to some players who don’t like to be hit by tons of arrows.

I’ll have to disagree of decreasing the price down to under 12 bricks. -1

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  5. I personally don't play cakewars, however, in similar games(Bedwars, Eggwars) I have seen arrows as more of an end game weapon.
    So I don't see a need for its price to be lowered.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  6. I disagree with lowering the price of arrows. Arrows are expensive so players will use them sparingly and not to waste them in risky shots bringing a new aspect to the game. Considering Cake Wars takes place on islands where people can easily be shot off, having cheap arrows would be extremely overpowered and lead to frustrated players being shot off constantly taking away the fun for many people.

For those reasons I’m going to be a -1 for this idea

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  7. Hey!

In my opinion, I believe the price is good the way it is. For starters, if the price were to be lowered, it can cause a huge disruption with the early phase of the game. A bow in Cake Wars is a very powerful thing to have in possession, as it can be quite frustrating to defend against. Furthermore, once the majority of the teams have been eliminated and your team had already purchased most of the upgrades, you may find yourself carrying a lot of unused brick which is perfect to buy the arrows with. In addition, reducing the price will make the archer kit seem less viable as it once was. All of this being said, I don’t see that great of an argument for why the price should be lowered. Overall, this is a -1 from me. However, I look forward to seeing some other ideas from you in the future! :)

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  8. Get archer kit if you want to bow spam.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  9. Hey there!

Based on a general mindset, this idea isn’t bad at all. However, I’m not in agreement with the change because of a few reasons which I’ll go into below;

As some said above, arrows early on in the game are very overpowered for several reasons, like maybe being able to hit players off who are bridging to side islands or middle, and the general health of players isn’t as high and arrows would do a ton of damage. If you’d like to get that advantage, I’d suggest using the Archer Kit.

Another reason as to why I’m not in agreement of the change is because once your team gets things rolling into the game, like maybe acquiring Resource Generator, you’ll get bricks a lot faster and can buy the arrows quicker. Once acquiring iron armor and general things that require bricks, you’ll also acquire enough for arrows quicker since you won’t be spending much on other things.

That’s pretty much all I have to give, a -1 from me though. :)

~Arjun

Posted Sep 9, 2019
  10. Hey!
    As small as this change is, I don't feel that this change should be made. Bows are definitely a powerful weapon in a game filled with void, therefore bows should be a late game weapon. I don't feel that this change should be made for some reasons I'll build on...

First of all, I feel that bows should be much more of a late game weapon. As mentioned earlier, CakeWars is a game with maps that are largely void meaning that having the ability to throw players off the map early game is very overpowered. As others suggested, for this potential early game power, I would suggest using archer kit, so this strategy isn't as common.

I also feel that arrows become quite affordable late game, when bows aren't as strong. Things like Generator upgrades can really help speed up your brick count, so I feel that lowering the price of arrows would almost make them too common late game, ruining the element of surprise an unexpecting bow shot can have.

This isn't a bad idea, but I feel that lowering the price of arrows could almost make them obsolete late game or even too overpowered early game. I'm going to have to go -1 on this one, but I'd love to hear more from you in the future!

Posted Sep 9, 2019
  11. Hey!

To be honest, I disagree with lowering the price of arrows in the Brick shop on Cake Wars. When I first started playing Cake Wars, yes the price did seem a bit unreasonable, but after playing the game more, and getting used to the value of bricks, the current price seems balanced to me. There is one underlying reason as to why your suggestion wouldn't work well on Cake Wars.

Think about it, it would be extremely annoying if players could buy large amounts of arrows with only a few bricks, because this would cause them to spam the bow, therefore making the game very challenging, and changing the way that many people will play Cake Wars. I generally see people rushing the emeralds and mid, but if people had bows at the start of the game, and got heaps of arrows, by the time other players had bought wool and began to build over the void, they would get shot in straight away, without a chance to capture the beacons. This is unfair, because if one player continues to spam arrows at another team , that team will not get the opportunity to leave their island without being shot into the void. I believe it's fair for this to occur later on in the game, when people can afford bows and arrows because it gives a fun challenge to the game, but giving players access to a bow and arrows so quickly after the game has started will not work out well in Cake Wars.

I do respect your opinion, and can see where you are coming from, but overall, I disagree with this suggestion. I hope you understand where I am coming from with my input on this thread Thanks for suggesting this to the community! :)

Posted Sep 9, 2019
  12. I agree with the other people, when I first played Cake Wars I remember I was astonished by the price of arrows as well, but when I explored the game more, I started to realize that 12 bricks isn't a bad price. Bow spamming is OP and does get on people's nerves a lot. It could be even more OP if the price was lowered and the bow had Power II and Punch II. Which, is pretty much a never-ending supply of cheap arrows. But I enjoyed reading this thread. :D

I didn't notice this... but I just noticed someone posted my same idea, xD.

Posted Sep 10, 2019
  13. hiiii!

I agree with some of the other people here: The price of arrows in Cake Wars is already fair and balanced. The price being so high makes sense; it keeps the game balanced and does well and preventing bow spam early on in the game. Those first few minutes are crucial to the game, and knocking someone off with an arrow and capturing that beacon can change the entire rest of the game. Lowering the price of the arrows would throw off the balance of the game, in my opinion. Leaving it where it is at right now seems to be the best option, as it allows for balance at the beginning, but also for even the most powerful team to think about how they are using their arrows, too. -1

Posted Sep 11, 2019
  14. hey there!

when i started playing Mineplex, i thought that arrows price was unfair, too. But later i realized it should bye more of a endgame item. Also, maybe there could be a way when in the endgame arrows could get cheaper. i wonder if anyone had considered that, because it is a great way to settle this discussion. hope i helped! Bye!

Posted Sep 11, 2019
  15. I definitely agree that arrows should stay somewhat expensive; as they are an endgame item. However, I wouldn’t be opposed to lowering the price or changing it in some other way. In my honest opinion, the price for arrows is a little steep. Of course it’s to make the game balanced, but there’s got to be a way to make it easier to gain arrows without sacrificing balanced gameplay. I have two ideas for this type of situation, one of which was actually mentioned above!

As others mentioned, lowering the price all the way down to 6 bricks would make the game extremely unbalanced. If you’re able to just shoot players off who are building at the very start of the game, that could lead to a drastic change in the turn out of the game. So my first idea is to simply lower the price to 10 bricks. This would make arrows a bit more accessible, while still keeping the game decently balanced.

My other idea would be to just up the amount of arrows given with 12 bricks. Instead of 3 arrows, maybe there can be 4? I think that’s the best compromise I can think of for this idea.

Overall I’d go with a 0 for this idea. I do think that it’d be nice to make some sort of change to the pricing/amount of arrows in the game, but I know it needs to be kept balanced!

Posted Sep 11, 2019
    OrangeGamer18 likes this.
  16. sounds great to me!

Posted Sep 12, 2019