• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Cake Invincibility [Cake Wars]

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Noteblock, Apr 14, 2019 at 4:18 PM.

?

Add this?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    93.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. StephenTries

StephenTries

Hiya!

Just as loaaaads of people above have, I also agree that this should be added! I think it's a great idea that would actually work well. Especially with the aforementioned High Jump hackers lurking about (they don't show up on GWEN for us Staff so we can never get to them in time :cri: ). I think 30 seconds would be enough time to at least put things on the cake. Bricks would spawn in and there would be enough time to get one layer of endstone at the very least.

However, the issue here is what if the hacker was to kill all of the players on a team before the Cake Invincibility ran out? That would get rid of all the bricks. Therefore I believe it should just be a full on 30 second grace-period where nobody can die. That makes it so the hacker wouldn't be able to prevent the cake's protection. But again that in itself has it's own problems; i.e, the hacker also staying alive.

30 seconds would be enough for someone to tell active Staff members in StaffRequest though! Then we can come and snatch that hacker off the server. Or alternatively it'd give players enough time to get their screen recorders out to report the hacker themselves.

I think this is a great idea!

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 7:48 PM
  2. AceSJus

AceSJus

Hey there!

This is actually a pretty smart idea, as it can temporarily prevent hackers from ruining others' experiences! I'm sure it wouldn't affect regular gameplay, since no one can legitimately bridge to another team's cake in such a short amount of time. However, as StephenTries mentioned above, I think 30 seconds is a better option. This is because it will allow players to give enough time to collect resources and report hackers.

This is bound to an effective way to deal with hackers, so thank you so much for coming up with this idea! Have a great day :)

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 8:10 PM
  3. Denis_Gaming

Denis_Gaming

Heya!

I completely agree with you. I have been playing Cake Wars for a long time now, and the hackers with high jump/long jump very frequently ruin the game for everyone. This feature would be a good feature to implement until GWEN starts being worked on again, and new checks are made for these bypasses.

I vote Yes :)

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 9:47 PM
  4. xUmbreon

xUmbreon

I've been getting back into Cake Wars recently, and I agree that hackers seem to be in large quantities in this specific game. Most of them either fly or high jump to other team's cakes, which immediately ruins the game for them. I do agree that there should be cake invincibility to prevent this from happening, at least for a little bit. The times that you suggested I feel are a bit too short. Maybe disable cake-eating for the first 1 or 2 minutes of the game? This way, it gives teams more time to prepare themselves, as well as prevents hackers from eating cakes right off the bat. +1 to this idea, thanks for thinking of it! The only alteration I can think of is to increase the invincibility time, but other than that I really like this idea.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 10:08 PM
    Jadguar likes this.
  5. Jaekub

Jaekub

If cake eating is disabled for 1-2 minutes, then you can't get the achievement, Starving, which is eat a cake within the first minute of the game.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 10:32 PM
  6. Noteblock

Noteblock

Thanks all for the amazing support, hopefully we can get this feature added into the game (:
    As for the "Starving" achievement (eating a cake within the first minute of the game), it's still doable, even if a 30 second grace period is added; There would still be half a minute left after the invincibility ends.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 7:00 AM
    Acerna likes this.
  7. ZeldarinaX

ZeldarinaX

+1, great idea! I wish cake wars implemented this! I hate all of the hackers in there.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 7:39 AM
  8. coralines

coralines

I have brought up the idea to GI before, however it was kind of denied due to the fact that people could still team bridge and apparently can reach another cake within 20 seconds. It sounds extremely unnatural and imo it would require some sort of cross teaming in order to do that. However I’m 100% on board with this, especially if it’s just invulnerability (and not like a game kick like I initially suggested). Sure, it’s not as effective as kicking someone from your lobby for cheating, but it’s at least enough time to buy blocks after realizing someone is not playing legit.

Posted Apr 17, 2019 at 4:19 AM