• 505 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3084 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Buying Snowballs

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by OnionTearz, Jan 25, 2020.

1. I'm not entirely sure whether this idea has been thrown around but I know snowballs in cake wars is a common complaining topic. Instead of snowballs being limited to people only with the achievement kit I believe it would work better similarly to how the archer kit and its arrows work. If you could purchase a snowball for 3 emeralds for example it would give others a better chance when its down to 1v1's instead of removing or constantly degrading how good the snowballs are.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  2. I don't like this idea for two main reasons which I'll explain in my response down below:

1: this will just create snowball spamming. The main reason is for a cap of 3 snowballs and no more, the reason why this is so in the kit is so that people can't just hold down right-click for the whole game and win it. This is why there was a precise nerf to knockback originally. If we keep to the cap people won't use it as there is no point in buying 3 things that you will use in like 1 fight at the most. Additionally, if we don't place a cap everyone will do it and the game balance will be thrown off point.

2: the kits are balanced specifically. The reason why Frosting is an achievement kit and has caps & reductions is to avoid it being OP. This means that people can use it and grind for it but other players still have an incentive to play Cake Wars normally. This is why I think we do not want this idea to be implemented as it would really undermine this main concept.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.
  3. I kind of agree with Oscaros. Snow spamming is a bad thing.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  4. Hi there!

I don't agree with this idea either. Snowballs are already a huge complaint from players and just to add them to the shop would just make the entire game buy like 2 stacks of Snowballs and the entire game would just turn into who can land the first Snowball to create combos or to hit someone off of a bridge. Frosting was made into an achievement kit for a reason. Frosting is very good and if used correctly can be the best kit. If every player in the game had access to this, this would just break the game and overall just stop people from playing. I have to agree with @Oscaros_ . -1 Thanks for hearing me out! :)

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  5. As of now, it sounds way too overpowered from my perspective. Frosting is a great kit for combos, although as most of know, It is in need of a nerf. Essentially 'bulk' buying these snowballs will not only devalue the achievement kit, but it will easily be abused as the lovely people above have stated. I mean, sure, there could be a cap on this, but it really isn't necessary. This would also dramatically alter the gameplay, and I don't want to see cake wars become another version/type of skywars, where people just hit each other with tons of snowballs to knock each other off. This would also mean replacing the achievement kit, so do you have any ideas? Thanks for your suggestion, but I think it is fine how it currently is.

Posted Jan 28, 2020
  6. Hey! Unfortunately, I don't agree with being able to buy snowballs. Currently, the only way to get snowballs is through the achievement kit. Many people spend hours and hours trying to get that kit and if you made snowballs purchasable it wouldn't become as special. Also, the games would become way too overpowered in my opinion since the "Frosting" kit is already overpowered (again in my opinion).

If this were to be added, I would want at least a cooldown on the snowballs to prevent constant spam. But, even then I don't think this should be added. Since the constant spam, games would also become a mess. Imagine people with stacks of snowballs just constantly throwing them at you (without a cooldown). The game would become chaotic. Sorry, but I don't agree with this being implemented.

Posted Jan 28, 2020
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  7. Hey!

As many above have stated, I disagree with this idea. Snowballs are already considered “annoying” by a lot of players, and making it so that you could buy them limitlessly is just not a good idea. Moreover, players have worked to get the achievement kits and I don’t think it’s fair to them if their efforts have just gone to waste. Overall, I think that this should not be implemented, and that if it were to, major limits on the amount you can purchase would need to be put in place.

~Nick

Posted Jan 28, 2020
  8. Heyo!
    I disagree completely. Here's why.

Reason 1:
    People with the achievement kit, worked hard to get it and I see that as a bit upsetting. As a person that worked hard to get this kit, I wouldn't like to see it altered/tweaked.

Reason 2:
    Snowballs are already annoying. Honestly, I've seen many similar threads addressing hate towards the frosting kit. I think they are on the way to nerfing it. If this was added to the shop, I don't think that CW would be more enjoyable.

Simply for these two reasons, I'll be giving the idea a -1
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Jan 28, 2020
  9. I do think this idea could be implemented if it cost a lot. I would say around 50-60 emeralds to earn around 5 snowballs. Since snowballs are overpowered obtaining 50 emeralds is very difficult so I think it will be balanced.

Posted Jan 28, 2020
  10. Hey gamer,

So, in general, I understand where you're coming from. The current state of frosting could be seen as quite unbalanced when heading into a 1v1 scenario. While that could be traced back to the kit receiving and being able to use to snowballs, the primary focus right now is the slowness they give off. In the next balance patch for Cakewars, the current proposal is to just remove the slowness altogether. There were also discussions of changing the max cap of snowballs received from 4 to 3, but I don't know if it was ever agreed upon. Point being, the plan is to nerf frosting so that it's fairer for all users to fight against and it's easier to counter.

With that said, giving players the ability to purchase snowballs would get rid of frosting's uniqueness. The reason it works for the archer kit is because of the archer kit already receiving arrows and the passive of destroying blocks by shooting them. I don't think this would work for frosting because if we gave everyone the ability to purchase snowballs, then the slowness would have to remain on the frosting kit. Thus, still making it hard to counter due to that slowness and harder to fight against in team fights. Another issue is that rushing would be much more difficult if players had the ability to buy snowballs. Everyone would be prepared to throw them to counter people pushing, and they wouldn't run out either because they already bought them. This is why the price of both bows and arrows are heavily increased, the make sure rushing is still viable and isn't so easy to counter. Now, the only counter I could see to this would be increasing the price of snowballs (3 emeralds from your suggestion) AND adding a cooldown to how often you can use them (like ender pearls for example). While that could help out to balance them, it'd be at the point that would it even be worth it at that rate? I just think it's better altogether to avoid that issue and just tackle the problem with frosting head-on with some slight nerfs that are long overdue.

Again, I get where you're coming from, and it's not really a bad idea in terms of balancing, but I think just letting the kit remain unique but also have the balance for it would be the better option. -1 from me, have a good idea.

Posted Jan 29, 2020
  11. -1

The best way I can express how I feel is with an analogy. Imagine spaghetti with meatballs being all the kits in a Cake Wars game. If we have too many meatballs it stops being spaghetti with meatballs it was and starts being meatballs with spaghetti.

Too many meatballs are a bad thing but I understand your concerns about the meatballs being really good and taking over the dish.

Posted Feb 4, 2020