• 340 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2919 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Buying/selling items

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ara_elite, Dec 13, 2019.

?

Do you want a player item shop?

This poll will close on Sep 8, 2022 at 11:34 AM.
  1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I really think they should add a player shop where you can sell your items to other players for shards and also buy items. I really think this would be amazing because a lot of times Have like one Item needed to finish a set and I just cannot get it. the shop would let you decide the price you ant to sell for and allow other players to buy from that shop.
    Vote yes if you want this and vote no if you don't.

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  2. that would kinda ruin the exiting part about opening chests and generally make illuminted chests useless

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  3. Tradeable items would not make sense in my opinion (on Mineplex.) Here's why:
    1. You can't stockpile cosmetics: since you can't have more than one this takes out the possibility of thinking of them like CS:GO items or something like that. There's no economy since the max limit is one.
    2. Cosmetics such as the 5th Mineplex anniversary would have their purpose defeated (which was to reward all players who celebrated Mineplex's 5th anniversary.)
    3. As @afterfive said, it would mess up the chest system and allow players to farm specific items with illuminated/seasonal chests.

Good idea but I don't think it would play out well.

Posted Dec 13, 2019
    DC_20 and Goudge ✦ like this.
  4. This would be avused since you can set the price you could get cosmetics from your friends or an alt for 1 shard. Because of that -1

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  5. I disagree with this idea. For one it would take away the value of chests and second it would just take away the value of getting shards in games and just the value of items. -1

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  6. I also have disagree with this idea. Firstly, a lot of members in our community try to collect all of the cosmetics and likely wouldn't want to sell a lot of the better items that they obtain from chests. Since our chest system doesn't allow duplicates and converts dupes to shards, I don't think players would want to sell their one and only items to others. Maybe if our chest system was adjusted for players to be able to obtain multiple of the same items, aside from gadgets, this would be better. However, I don't think that is a possibility considering that players would rather have shards anyways to work towards more chests to get new items.

A few others have also mentioned that the community, myself included, has never been fond of implementing ideas that give players items instead of working towards them. The players that do currently have all of our cosmetics have worked extremely hard to earn shards to be able to open chests or even used real life currency to purchase chests in the hopes that they would get new items. A shop would essentially allow players to be handed specific items from others and I feel people would just save up for specific items instead of chests. It would make chests more useless than they currently are.

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  7. I don't really think this idea would work on Mineplex. From my understanding, this is like...let's say someone who doesn't have this particle wants it. You have this particle. So you undergo a trade where he gets the particle and you get shards. If that's how it is, then It wouldn't make much sense. You would lose that particle, and you would have to regain it from a chest. Also how much shards you would get for "trading" said cosmetics. I think this would just defeat the point of chests which isn't something that Mineplex would want to do from a business standpoint.

Posted Dec 14, 2019
  8. Hello,

Unfortunately I'll have to disagree with this idea. Although it might seem fun in our minds at first, the actual effects of it would be less than satisfactory in the community.

Players work hard to achieve the cosmetics they own, and some players even spend real life currency in order to get a cosmetic (via a chest). If there was a way to have an item like that be handed to someone, then it would defeat the purpose of all that grinding the other players did and ultimately make them annoyed and disappointed.

Also, as others have said, there aren't duplicate cosmetics that one player can possess at a time, so if they were to trade one of their items, it would be lost for good to them (until they win it again from a chest). Because of this, the players would most likely not even try to trade the more valuable cosmetics, which would make the trading area not very exciting and interesting for players because the only cosmetics there would be ones they already own/really common cosmetics.

Thank you for the idea, have a good day!

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  9. Hey gamer,

I'm gonna go ahead and drop a no on this idea. I think that the idea of selling items to other people for shards makes no sense really. You use shards to buy chests, get the items from a chest, then sell it for shards. You gain nothing and it seems like a process that wouldn't be needed. I could also bring the argument into play of this being against marketing. Implementing a system like this would devalue the chest purchases, basically making them useless since you can just get the item from trades and not spend any shards on it. And of course, like already said, you get shards for duplicates, not the item again. You'd lose that cosmetic until you open another chest, so it's just pointless.

I hope you get where I'm coming from, happy holidays!

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  10. Heyo!

Well this is an interesting idea, I'm going to say no for now. This sounds cool on paper, but if it gets implemented, I don't think it'll be beneficial, people work hard to get the cosmetics they have, some are from giveaways that were very exclusive on say the Mineplex Discord,

Some players also spend money on these or shards, and shards can take a long time to earn. I just don't think this will be an exciting idea for the community. Like many have said, you can't have duplicates of an item, so you'd have to earn the item back through another chest which defeats the fun of it and I don't think some people will want to trade for that reason, they don't want to lose their cosmetics. Once again, cool idea, but a no for me.

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  11. Like others above me have said, I'm not a huge fan of this idea. A lot of players go for getting all of the cosmetics that they possibly can out of chests. I think that adding in this system would completely ruin it since players could just buy what they wanted instead of getting it legit as they have to right now. If our system allowed players to get duplicates, I'd think that allowing them to sell them for shards would be nice, but since we have it were duplicates are automatically converted into shards, I really do not see it making a difference at all.

Looking at it from a Marketing standpoint, a lot of people spend real-life money on chests to be able to get these limited time cosmetics. Allowing players to purchase them would mean that less of them are buying these chest and more people are just trading the items that they do already have. While this might be good for players, for the server, it is not what we want.

Finally, I'm not even sure how much this would even be used. If I sold my 10k paintballs, how many people do you think would actually buy them? I would not imagine that many people since we would all just want to get rid of them and not purchase them. For the higher up cosmetics (like the limited-time Legendary ones), there would be a lot of players wanting to purchase them, but how many players would want to sell it? I don't think that many would, so I don't really see it being used all that often.

Posted Dec 15, 2019